****The Official U of Washington Class of 2017 Interview/Acceptance Thread****

RSalha17

UWSOD c/o 2017 :)
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hasn't been posted for interview/acceptance yet so i figured I would start it.

Does anyone know where we are at in terms of invites and when the interviews are? I heard back about a week and a half ago and I got an interview for mid december, are we pushed into january now?

Members don't see this ad.

I got an invite for 12/17 or 1/14 but due to family events I couldn't respond in time to grab one of the 12/17 spots. Pretty bummed about it.

Members don't see this ad :)
one-on-one with three faculty members ;)

ya i was offered 12/17 and 1/14, and luckily I could take the 12/17 interview. I'm glad because i heard back from ucsf last week and they offered me 1/14. Good thing I didn't have to push UW back further.

does anyone know if UW updates aadsas tonight/tomorrow, or do they just call?

Hey guys, Please post in this thread if you are offered/accept a place in the class of 2017: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=966524

Some of us in the class of 2016 will be monitoring it and answering any questions, as well as providing you with a link to the class of 2017 facebook group.

Thanks! and Good luck!!

I interview there on the 17th of December, do you know when the admissions committee meets? Basically what I'm asking is if my dream comes true and I kill my interview and they want to accept me, when is the earliest I could potentially be offered a spot?

my interviewer said the admissions committee meets every Thursday

Members don't see this ad :)
does anyone know if UW updates aadsas tonight/tomorrow, or do they just call?
last year they updated the AADSAS portal in the morning and called me in the afternoon - good luck!

Just a little extra info. I was told they sent out acceptances for about half of the class on 12/3. The rest will come on a week by week basis until the class is full, probably in March. Also, I was told last year they burned through most of their waiting list, so stay optimistic if you're waitlisted.

same here- call but no aadsas

Has anyone had an interview and wants to divulge some info as to how the process is ran and just give a brief overview of what the day was like? It would be much appreciated!

Has anyone had an interview and wants to divulge some info as to how the process is ran and just give a brief overview of what the day was like? It would be much appreciated!

Sure. It's pretty standard though, nothing unexpected. You have a morning briefing on the schedule, then half the group leaves for interviews while the other half goes through presentations on Finances and the RIDE program. Then the groups switch. There are three separate interviews. That pretty much takes care of the morning session. While you eat your lunch (provided for you) you do a Q&A with current students, who then take you on a tour of the dental school. Afterwards you hear from a few faculty members about research opportunities. That was pretty much it.

Interview invited for 1/14.
They didn't offer me 12/17, I would love to take 12/17.

I got in! Called on 12/6, forgot to post it here.

Just got my call today!! I'M IN!!! :) Congrats and good luck to everyone else!

You guys that got in today, when did you interview, pre or post December?

I interviewed pre-December and haven't heard back =/ I'm curious about the people like me, that interviewed pre-December and didn't get accepted December 3rd, when they will be considered again, if at all...

I interviewed pre-December and haven't heard back =/ I'm curious about the people like me, that interviewed pre-December and didn't get accepted December 3rd, when they will be considered again, if at all...

Pre-december interview here. I'm not going to hold my breath. I've already put a deposit down and plan to attend elsewhere. Congrats to those that did get in and good luck to those who are still waiting!

Pre-december interview here. I'm not going to hold my breath. I've already put a deposit down and plan to attend elsewhere. Congrats to those that did get in and good luck to those who are still waiting!

I am going to put a deposit into the school I got into as well =) thou i find it interesting that my adasas hasn't updated for UW, so i'm clueless and assuming i'm on the wait list.

Hi everyone, huge congrats to those that got in! I am still hoping to hear something soon, maybe before Christmas! Speaking of that, does anyone know if next week they will accept more students or are they out after this week for the Holidays?

I was also a pre-december interviewee. It sounds like since I didnt get a call on 12/3 I may be headed for the waitlist now? Is that how it usually works out? I hope not :(

For those who were accepted are you WA residents?

Last edited:
Does anyone know if UW will be accepting more students this week?

I am also a Washington resident.

On another note, I called Sue today to see if RIDE decisions were in yet. I got the good news that I will get an offer in the mail soon for RIDE. Anyone else interested in or received an offer for RIDE?

Sue also said they were doing more admissions today. I assume that means they will be calling more people today.

Just interviewed at UW today and I feel like it was a good experience overall. I feel like they are making more of an effort to address their interview experience and I didn't really feel like it was a negative experience like some others have felt in the past. There were three different 25 minute interviews with three members of the admissions committee and they mostly asked me questions pertaining to my application. If anything, I would advise applicants to really know their application and be ready to go in detail and depth about what you have done and how it relates to your potential future as a dentist. At the end of the interview they give you time for only one question, so make sure you are ready to ask something that is important. I asked different questions to different interviewers.

When I got done with the first interview, I want to think its a good sign that one of the interviewers said "don't get discouraged if you don't hear back right away, we have a lot of applicants so be patient with us." Hopefully I get the call, I feel pretty confident about how I did, but you really never know with interviews, I feel everyone comes out saying they did amazing. They did ask me a lot about my grades, particularly my bcp and dat. They asked me what I would say to the admissions committee to justify my grades, and why I didn't retake the DAT, so if your scores are like mine be ready to justify that.

Good luck to everyone and if you have any specific questions feel free to ask.

So I interviewed a few weeks ago. It was a good overall experience...I noticed in the interview they emphasized my grades. They asked why I had a "W" and stuff like that. I had a really rude interviewer though, and he was the same with the other two applicants that interviewed with him. This was my fifth interview of the year and he was the only guy that threw me off with negative buzz words like "so if I were to say you were lying right now, what would you say to convince me otherwise?" and stuff like that.

They told us that they interview 150 applicants (they're only halfway through at this point), the admissions committee meets once a week (they're a few weeks behind in terms of discussing applicants), and they accept 63. At this point there are many people that have chosen other schools, so I bet if you get an interview you have a pretty good chance of getting in. Good luck! PM me if you have any other questions about the day!

Just interviewed at UW today and I feel like it was a good experience overall. I feel like they are making more of an effort to address their interview experience and I didn't really feel like it was a negative experience like some others have felt in the past. There were three different 25 minute interviews with three members of the admissions committee and they mostly asked me questions pertaining to my application. If anything, I would advise applicants to really know their application and be ready to go in detail and depth about what you have done and how it relates to your potential future as a dentist. At the end of the interview they give you time for only one question, so make sure you are ready to ask something that is important. I asked different questions to different interviewers.

When I got done with the first interview, I want to think its a good sign that one of the interviewers said "don't get discouraged if you don't hear back right away, we have a lot of applicants so be patient with us." Hopefully I get the call, I feel pretty confident about how I did, but you really never know with interviews, I feel everyone comes out saying they did amazing. They did ask me a lot about my grades, particularly my bcp and dat. They asked me what I would say to the admissions committee to justify my grades, and why I didn't retake the DAT, so if your scores are like mine be ready to justify that.

Good luck to everyone and if you have any specific questions feel free to ask.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you, RSalha! Seems like your interview went well. Enjoy your winter vacation and keep busy. Do some fun stuff, I know that otherwise the waiting time can be stressful. I hope you don't have to wait much! :luck:

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you, RSalha! Seems like your interview went well. Enjoy your winter vacation and keep busy. Do some fun stuff, I know that otherwise the waiting time can be stressful. I hope you don't have to wait much! :luck:

Thank you so much that is really nice of you! I would seriously love nothing more than to get that call from UW :)

I just feel like I know the school very well. I have taken the trips to Longview with the students, volunteered at the pediatric center, did research with a UW faculty dentist (Dr. Chi), and I know a lot of students/staff at the school. I am hopelessly hanging on to the idea that I get a call before Christmas so I can surprise my family with an acceptance at Christmas day, but I know that is EXTREMELY unlikely...

I also kind of felt like I didn't get a great chance to talk about a variety of different topics during my interview. I guess this could be a good thing or a bad thing? They mainly focused on my application and asked me about my grades, and asked me to explain a lot about my life experiences, but they didn't really ask me a lot of the ethical questions or generic questions like I have seen from other applicants. This could be a positive because it showed that they wanted to get deeper into who I was, but also a negative because they might not have gotten to see how I responded to a variety of different scenarios or situations... I hate all this speculation, just let me know already....!!!

Does anyone know when we will hear back from them regrading our status, whether it be good, bad, or otherwise? Have they told anyone that they are on the waitlist yet?

AAGGGHHHH i need to stop.... alright thanks everyone and merry xmas!

Thank you so much that is really nice of you! I would seriously love nothing more than to get that call from UW :)

I just feel like I know the school very well. I have taken the trips to Longview with the students, volunteered at the pediatric center, did research with a UW faculty dentist (Dr. Chi), and I know a lot of students/staff at the school. I am hopelessly hanging on to the idea that I get a call before Christmas so I can surprise my family with an acceptance at Christmas day, but I know that is EXTREMELY unlikely...

I also kind of felt like I didn't get a great chance to talk about a variety of different topics during my interview. I guess this could be a good thing or a bad thing? They mainly focused on my application and asked me about my grades, and asked me to explain a lot about my life experiences, but they didn't really ask me a lot of the ethical questions or generic questions like I have seen from other applicants. This could be a positive because it showed that they wanted to get deeper into who I was, but also a negative because they might not have gotten to see how I responded to a variety of different scenarios or situations... I hate all this speculation, just let me know already....!!!

Does anyone know when we will hear back from them regrading our status, whether it be good, bad, or otherwise? Have they told anyone that they are on the waitlist yet?

AAGGGHHHH i need to stop.... alright thanks everyone and merry xmas!
I feel like I'm in same boat as you. Hopefully we hear today and can surprise our families. If we don't hear before Christmas do you know when they will accept more again? Does anyone know if all ride positions are filled?

I feel like I'm in same boat as you. Hopefully we hear today and can surprise our families. If we don't hear before Christmas do you know when they will accept more again? Does anyone know if all ride positions are filled?

I got the call yesterday and they told me they haven't decided on the RIDE positions yet!

I got the call yesterday and they told me they haven't decided on the RIDE positions yet!

But I saw that you accepted the invite from Colorado? Does this mean that you are going there and hopefully leaving an extra seat for someone else? In the kindest and most respectful way... PLEASE PLEASE DON'T GO TO UW SO I CAN HAVE A BETTER CHANCE AT GETTING IN!!! PLEASSEEEE!! Haha I'm just kidding, congratulations on you acceptance. But seriously, choose Colorado... Hahahaha :smuggrin:

Has anyone who interviewed on December 17 gotten a call?

Did you by any chance interview on December 10th? I remember a fellow interviewee who'd interviewed at the same schools that you got into ;)

Does anyone know if UW will be accepting more students this week?

Hey, I was accepted last week (the week you were referring to) so they definitely met even though it's Christmas break. My interview was 12/17 and I got the call 12/20!