What Goes Best with Chocolate?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

What Goes Best with Chocolate?

• Nuts

Votes: 9 11.8%
  • Peanut Butter

Votes: 18 23.7%
  • Mint

Votes: 4 5.3%
  • Fruit

Votes: 8 10.5%
  • Pretzels

Votes: 4 5.3%
  • Coconut

Votes: 3 3.9%
  • Nougat

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Caramel

Votes: 9 11.8%
  • Nothing, I like it plain

Votes: 10 13.2%
  • Other (post below)

Votes: 11 14.5%

• Total voters

QofQuimica

Seriously, dude, I think you're overreacting....
Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I love peanut butter or pretzels, but adding nuts (or even worse, coconut) is a perfect way to ruin a perfectly good piece of chocolate. But mint is definitely the best. :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad.

I'm going to have to go with Peanut butter, but in a close second, I love caramel, fruit, and coconut. Honestly if you have French, Belgian, or Swiss chocolate, you don't need anything with it. Chocolate alone!

Members don't see this ad :)
oatmeal, pb, and chocolate = delicious.

Broccoli. Mmm cranberries too.

Strawberries, because you can eat a bunch and still convince yourself it's healthy. :laugh:

But, honestly, it's mostly cuz I'm a completely hopeless romantic.
:oops:

Although I did have these two amazing treats over Christmas. One was like a turtle, but was made with chocolate, caramel, a huge macadamia nuts. The other really surprised me because it was dark chocolate covered caramel topped with sea salt which seemed weird to me but it was quite good. The hazelnut choc bars from trader joes are amazing too. So yeah, I pretty much just:love: chocolate way too much. But with strawberries best by far.

8453735945_e007c61634_m.jpg

CHICKEN!
p17et7kfi616al1qu3p1g1tcardv5.jpg

lol I broke SDN with my giant chicken mole... EDIT: it was even too obnoxious for me...made it smaller.

I'm on the lock-down pysch ward tonight at a remote pysch hospital...did I mention there is no food here?
no food here, but about a half dozen authentic Mexican restaurants down the street...
I DEMAND chicken be added to the poll...
and that's not just because I tried and can't actually edit Q's poll. 'Cause I would never try to do that... :whistle:

Last edited:
Coconut! Or hazelnuts like in Milka chocolate bars like I ate as a child in Europe :)

Members don't see this ad :)
CHICKEN!
p17et7kfi616al1qu3p1g1tcardv5.jpg

lol I broke SDN with my giant chicken mole... EDIT: it was even too obnoxious for me...made it smaller.

I'm on the lock-down pysch ward tonight at a remote pysch hospital...did I mention there is no food here?
no food here, but about a half dozen authentic Mexican restaurants down the street...
I DEMAND chicken be added to the poll...
and that's not just because I tried and can't actually edit Q's poll. 'Cause I would never try to do that... :whistle:

At first I thought those were Nutella crepes! Oh well.

I love peanut butter or pretzels, but adding nuts (or even worse, coconut) is a perfect way to ruin a perfectly good piece of chocolate. But mint is definitely the best. :thumbup:

Pretty much agree completely, except I do like peanuts or macadamia nuts. Coconut is horrible though. I think mint and peanut butter are tied for my favorite, though.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using SDN Mobile

I'm partial to caramel. I agree with Q that nuts ruin it. Mostly because I have nut allergy, though. I also like chocolate to go with my stouts and porters, and with certain whiskeys and rums.

Plain dark chocolate all the way :)

What about all of the above? I know that's kind of cheating, right?

Seriously, this is truly an unfair question. ;)

I would have a tough time, however, with brocolli and chocolate combo suggested above.

I did have this hot and spicy chocolate and nuts combo that was incredible. I'm a spice freak, so. . .

If we're talking chocolate fondue... pound cake to dip in it :love:

Otherwise, a square or two of dark, dark chocolate all by itself is what I go for.

Scotch.

Has to be a good chocolate, no Nestle. I generally prefer a nice dark chocolate, 75% cacao or above, goes great with a scotch with some salt like Bowmore.

Purist here. Plain dark chocolate > all.

And a hot toddy after, because I have a cold right now.

A med school acceptance letter...or peanut butter lol.

Interesting poll :)

Chocolate is best in Nutella form.

I like it plain

99% cocoa chocolate bars ftw! :D

ACjjoBu.jpg