would you fill this script? in NYS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

benjee

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
I am from nys and have lost my benzo meds in the middle of the month and when I presents the new script of benzo to pharmacy 8 days earlier , the pharmacist keep asking me questions... would you fill it by nys law ? to fill the controlled script in nys more than a week earlier . Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Hi all,
I am from nys and have lost my benzo meds in the middle of the month and when I presents the new script of benzo to pharmacy 8 days earlier , the pharmacist keep asking me questions... would you fill it by nys law ? to fill the controlled script in nys more than a week earlier . Thanks

No. It's against NY state law. Also, this forum is not really intended for patients. Speak to your pharmacist about appropriate options for your medical treatment. They will not be swayed by something you heard someone say on the Internet anyway.

Members don't see this ad :)
No. It's against NY state law. Also, this forum is not really intended for patients. Speak to your pharmacist about appropriate options for your medical treatment. They will not be swayed by something you heard someone say on the Internet anyway.
Thank you. If it is against nys law , where can I find out the regulation on dispensing eg any link ? Or should I call nys board on regulation directly?since I cannot quote anything from internet.

Nice move pal, I doubt anyone here will give you any head way. I personally wont help you get what you want ILLEGALLY. :naughty:
don't get me wrong here, I am not trying to get medicine illegally( I was given a real prescription ) and actually just opposite. I only don't want to go against the law. Maybe , I should just ask the pharmacist directly and obtain information on this matter from state board.

How do people manage to lose meds so often? And I'm not just talking CS. Where could you have lost your #180 metformin 500? It's the size of a can of Pringles!

u think a pharmacist here is going to tell you how to get your benzo's when you clearly just got a prescription filled...you do know that each state board of pharmacy and the DEA are very close with each other...they go after pharmacists on a regular basis...you think they're going to help you out?!?!?

lol.....they are going to submit your question to the local DEA office...then the DEA will nail you for obtaining controlled substances by fraud/deceit which is a federal offense....i think the administrators here should delete this guy or ban him....

LOL

The crackheads have infiltrated www.studentdoctor.net

It seems eveybody already jump into conclusion that I am a drug seeker. Just because I am not, and this is the first time I lost my controlled meds, and this never happened before . I would not mind if they submit my question to DEA or FBI or any department like this as long as they can give me an answer or provide me document on the regulation . I understand when dealing with controlled meds, everybody will raise their attention like a reflex which is fine with me, I have no problem with it and I don't feel offended at all. I only want to clarify what the regulation exactly is. that's all.

Nobody on here is going to touch this with a 40 foot pole. I suggest consulting your pharmacist and prescriber, then have them consult each other.

I doubt any pharmacist would fill this prescription as it is illegal. If you are only 8 days early just wait a few more days and you should be fine. You aren't going to die from not having your benzo for a few days. I really don't understand how so many people "lose" their medication.

I doubt any pharmacist would fill this prescription as it is illegal. If you are only 8 days early just wait a few more days and you should be fine. You aren't going to die from not having your benzo for a few days. I really don't understand how so many people "lose" their medication.

I would change that to "you PROBABLY aren't going to die from not having your benzos for a few days." Depending on his circumstances such as how long he's been on it and whether it is short-acting, 8 days may be enough time to withdraw, and could be life threatening.

That being said, I don't know any pharmacist who would fill it early, and if he starts to withdraw he should go to an ER.

I would change that to "you PROBABLY aren't going to die from not having your benzos for a few days." Depending on his circumstances such as how long he's been on it and whether it is short-acting, 8 days may be enough time to withdraw, and could be life threatening.

You are correct, I should have said "probably"

It seems eveybody already jump into conclusion that I am a drug seeker. Just because I am not, and this is the first time I lost my controlled meds, and this never happened before . I would not mind if they submit my question to DEA or FBI or any department like this as long as they can give me an answer or provide me document on the regulation . I understand when dealing with controlled meds, everybody will raise their attention like a reflex which is fine with me, I have no problem with it and I don't feel offended at all. I only want to clarify what the regulation exactly is. that's all.

Dude, the DEA, FBI, your doctor, your pharmacist, and pretty much everyone else has more important things to do than research this and give you an answer. You lost your meds. You were irresponsible. They all said no to the early refill. You now must wait because losing controlled substances is suspicious. Poor decisions on your part does not equal a problem on your pharmacists part.

"No additional prescriptions for a controlled substance may be issued by a practitioner to an ultimate user within 30 days of the date of any prescription previously issued unless and until the ultimate user has exhausted all but a seven days' supply of that controlled substance provided by any previously issued prescription."

That being said, decisions to fill controlled substances early at all are at the pharmacist's discretion. Just because it's technically legal, doesn't mean they MUST dispense it. Thus, I reiterate my recommendation that you talk to them about appropriate options.

How do people manage to lose meds so often? And I'm not just talking CS. Where could you have lost your #180 metformin 500? It's the size of a can of Pringles!

And why is it always benzos, oxycodone, hydros, alprazolam, valium, and soma?

I've worked in retail for two years and dealt with many of the "I lost my x prescription, can I get my refill 20 days early" and variations of that message. Never once have I gotten a call because someone lost their lisinopril, metformin, or other such drugs.

I can't believe this post is still getting responses....:mad:

Last edited:
Hi everybody,
Thanks for all the response especially zelman . The link is really helpful and serve as my base to show to others my reason. Of course, I will not take this meds anymore since I only use it as as needed and I dont' think i need it anymore.

Hi everybody,
Thanks for all the response especially zelman . The link is really helpful and serve as my base to show to others my reason. Of course, I will not take this meds anymore since I only use it as as needed and I dont' think i need it anymore.

Of course. :laugh:

just goto your local drug dealer and ask for "bars" or "footballs"

that way u dont have to worry about the mean old pharmacist denying your legit rx