Finally, my turn. DAT Done

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

IsaacYankem

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
After lurking here for ~2 years, finally it's my turn:

PAT: 20 (73.8)
QR: 20 (88.3)
RC: 21 (77.1)
Bio: 27 (99.8)
GC: 22 (89.2)
OC: 21 (84.6)
TS: 22 (94.8)
AA: 22 (95.7)

Requested practice scores:
2007 DAT 28 bio/26 G Chem/26 O Chem way too easy
2009 DAT 22 Bio/22 G Chem/19 O Chem/ 21 TS/ 20 PAT/20 QR/20 RC

Achiever:

Bio: 18/19/18
GChem: 19/18/20
OChem: 20/17/19
TS: 19/18/19
PAT: 18/18/18
RC: 17/19/19
QR: 19/18/18

Non-Trad, 3.7 GPA, sGPA 3.6. Any suggestions on where to apply?

PAT: Similar to Achiever I'd say. If I were to redo this again, I'd start with Crack to get a good idea of everything and then do Achiever as the exam gets closer. I was ~22 in CDP, and ~18 in Achiever. I thought I bombed this section, so seeing a 20 was relieving. In sum, I think CDP is way too easy, Achiever is far more realistic.

QR: Math Destroyer is all you need. Math Destroyer is way harder than the real QR. If you can get through Math Destroyer and have an idea of what's going on, you're in good shape. I only spent ~2 weeks on Math, and it's a weak area of mine, so I trusted Destroyer would help me get to where I need to be.

Regarding this notion of the ADA trying 'word problems', I had a few on my exam. But nothing that was overly complicated. I wouldn't stress out about it if you're taking the exam soon. Just have an idea of how to do Math Destroyer.

Sciences: Bio: Read Cliff's, know Destroyer, and fill in the gaps with wiki and google.
Recommend this site for quick review on most core topics when something bogs you down: http://bcs.whfreeman.com/thelifewire/content/chp00/00020.html
Big ups to Free99 for recommending the Craig Savage videos on Youtube. I found them late when I was reviewing, but they're a great way to learn bio.

Chem and OChem: I'm a non-trad, so it's been years since I took chem. Chad is absolutely phenomenal in explaining everything. He also makes studying seem not tedious because he is so awesome. He and AJ have put together a great site, and I can't thank them enough. Their product is outstanding, and I can't envision any scenario where their DAT package wouldn't help you out. Destroyer tests how well you understand Chad's topics and is a great problem set. FWIW, I think Datbootcamp's chem section was by far the most representative of the real exam. The topics tested are very similar, and I think the wording is more similar to the ADA style. I'd definitely definitely take those before walking into the xam.

Big thanks to everyone on this board. SDN has been an invaluable resource throughout, and I'm thankful to everyone here who contributes and helps others. Special thanks to Ari (GatorD) and Tony (Dentony11235), you guys have been awesome and I appreciate all the help. I can't thank you enough for your time and generosity.

Hope this helps anyone out there, and again, I'm so thankful to this forum. If I can do anything to help you out, please do not hesitate to message me.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Very nice! Apply wherever you like.

Though I have to ask why the change in professions? wrestling's not lucrative enough for you haha

Amazing scores! How long did u study for ?

Started by taking a Kaplan course last Spring. But working full-time and studying was inefficient. Kaplan would be useful I suppose if you were still in Undergrad and retained a lot of coursework and needed to know what to focus on, but not so useful for non-trads.

I didn't really buckle down until mid-December when I figured I'd study hard for a few months. 4-5 hours a day M-F, 8-10 hours Saturdays, Sunday for relaxing

great scores! could you post up your practice test scores for reference?
Posted for you

Though I have to ask why the change in professions? wrestling's not lucrative enough for you haha

Yeah wrestling is overrated, the hours stink, the medical plan consists of some backwood doctor injecting a dirty needle into your spine every day.

Solid scores. Awesome job. Well done.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk