¡SALE on a great H&PM Textbook!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

brimcmike

brimcmike
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Palliative Medicine, Expert Consult, Online + Print, Walsh D, Ed.
2009, Hardcover, 1520 Pages
ISBN13: 9780323056748
ISBN10: 0323056741
Publisher's List Price: US$215.00, currently marked down 50% by the publisher to US$ 107.50, with free shipping, but with sales tax as applicable!

This is a steal!

Particularly, as I now think that overall this is the best H&PM textbook out of 3 I've seen (esp. for aspiring academics), plus it gets updated online (of course, only while this is the edition in print). So, it's probably worth sinking the 2 Benjamins+ for it. But, now I think you got make your move if this sale is still on.

Hopefully this sales last until this gets posted to everyone's inbox in time to be useful.

Cheers!

Members don't see this ad.

And by the by, there is another upgraded version of this product for a little more $
Palliative Medicine, Expert Consult Premium Edition: Enhanced Online Features and Print, list price $274.00, now half off $137.00 + applicable sales tax, but with free shipping

For some yes, especially if they're headed to H&PM fellowship.

Even if not, if I were going into rural family medicine or hospitalist practice in a smaller or more remote community hospital, I'd want one of these books. This one gives you online access to the content, so you can get info when you need it.

One could get it during residency, if one is tired of witnessing or participating all-or-nothing treatment practices of patients with life-limiting/life-threatening illness. I find most attendings and senior residents to be of the mind that there's nothing to do when taking care of patients with serious illness or at end-of-life, if one is not trying to definitively cure someone, or trying to save their set of vital signs until some sort of dispo, other than expiration on their service.

But, in the end, for us all, death always wins. I find there's plenty to do, if one's goal is to provide as soft a landing, on as many dimensions, as is possible for these very medically dynamic patients.

These HPM textbooks give one a few more arrows for the quiver, and some food for thought.

Last edited: