0-6 pharmacy program stats

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jenny710

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, so I have been thinking about going into pharmacy after learning more about it! The thing is I don't know if I can get in :( my gpa is 3.52 and I got a 1960 on the Sat (I'm taking it again though). The thing is sophomore year of high school I got very depressed and only ended up getting a C in honors chemistry (bad I know) but I am planning on taking Ap Chem 2 next year (I'm a junior) and I'm planning on studying a lot in advanced during the summer. I volunteer at a hospital every summer and this summer I will try to volunteer at the pharmacy section. I am reporter of Spanish club, secretary in my church group, historian of health occupation students of america(hosa) and a member of interact (a volunteer club), national honors society, and quill and scroll honors society. I also go to a really competitive school so my ranking is only top 26% :(. Do you think iI have any chance of getting into a 0-6 program? What are your statsand which programs were you accepted to?

Members don't see this ad.

Yes you will be fine!

Reactions: 1 user
What is the point of getting accepted when there is no job for you when you graduate 6 years from now?

Members don't see this ad :)
So you took your SAT and received a score of 1960? That's pretty good. Especially since the highest score possible is 1600.
May I suggest the Catfish College of Pharmacy, MTV Campus.

So you took your SAT and received a score of 1960? That's pretty good. Especially since the highest score possible is 1600.
May I suggest the Catfish College of Pharmacy, MTV Campus.

Highest score possible is 2400. Changed almost 10 years ago ...

Reactions: 3 users
Hey stark3, thanks for the info. I didn't know they changed the scoring schedule for the SAT. I can be a dick, but have no problem being corrected and admitting when I'm wrong. Believe it or not, I checked before I wrote the testing limit was 1600. It was the limit, back in 2005. I missed that part. Opps.
I still stand by my assertion that this person is fishing for interaction.

Hey stark3, thanks for the info. I didn't know they changed the scoring schedule for the SAT. I can be a dick, but have no problem being corrected and admitting when I'm wrong. Believe it or not, I checked before I wrote the testing limit was 1600. It was the limit, back in 2005. I missed that part. Opps.
I still stand by my assertion that this person is fishing for interaction.

These are my real scores and yah it was 1960 out of 2400, I was just wondering if I even had a chance because I am planning on applying to colleges next year

These are my real scores and yah it was 1960 out of 2400, I was just wondering if I even had a chance because I am planning on applying to colleges next year

you should post your questions in the pre-pharmacy section. There are more students that are in your situation or just in recent admission cycles who could give the most up-to-date info / answers.

what schools are you considering ??

you should post your questions in the pre-pharmacy section. There are more students that are in your situation or just in recent admission cycles who could give the most up-to-date info / answers.

what schools are you considering ??

Okay! I was thinking about US and St. Johns

Honestly, I would have a back-up plan. If you can pull off an A in your honors AP chemistry, and keep your other grades up, then you would be showing a positive upward trend that will be helpful in admissions. Honestly though, pharmacy is VERY chemistry heavy, getting a C in high school chemistry does not bode well for your future as a pharmacist. Getting accepted into a pharmacy school is a lot easier than actually graduating from a pharmacy school. If chemistry isn't your thing, you really should do yourself a favor and look at other non-chemistry job options.

Looking at your stats, they're not too great. However, stats doesn't tell everything about you! Do you have good connections with your professors or maybe a pharmacist who knows you really well and knows how motivated you are about pharmacy? Are they willing to write you a strong recommendation letter? Building strong connections as well as knowing that you really want to be a pharmacist will eventually get you in. Don't give up! As for chemistry, it's only important if you want to pursue a pharmd/phd where you will do research, work with molecular structures and develop new meds. Honestly, I wasn't that great of a student back in undergrad, had B's and C's in general chemistry but did really well and made A's in Organic Chem and Bio chem, which matters alot more. In your first year of the professional program you will take Biochem and Pharm Chem, two hardest classes for most students. If you can survive that then you won't have to worry about chem anymore, if it shows up then it will be simple stuff. Your later years will lean more towards understanding how the human body works and how the drugs work to treat different diseases (this is the bulk of pharmacy), so if this is more of your interest then I would recommend pharmacy. Just remember that it is very competitive once you're in so be prepare.

I would go get a Bachelor's first, since those grades in high school would be eclipsed by your college grades, and you could really strengthen your attempts to get into pharmacy school.

Don't waste your time on pharmacy school, it's one big con. Do something better.

Honestly yall I got in to the two 0-6 programs I applied to, so if your stats are like me don't trip.
ALSO, I decided not to go, and have a near 4.0 in a university. So you can always improve in college! Don't give up!