0-6 Pharmacy Programs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

skechie121

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm an upcoming high school senior from California and I've been wondering if I have any chance to get into one of the 0+6 pharmacy programs. I've been searching online for a while and I haven't been able to find any specific information about average gpa, sats,...

GPA:
Cummulative: 3.65 UW, 4.1 Weighted

I've been on the honors and AP track for the last 3 years of high school. So far I've taken 4 AP classes, 3 honors classes, and 3 accelerated classes (honors was not available).

Freshman Year:
1st Semester: 4.0
2nd Semester: 3.94

Sophomore Year:
1st Semester/2nd Semester: 3.78

Junior Year:
1st Semester:3.5
2nd Semester: 2.89

This previous year, I took 5 weighted classes out of 6 and that's why my gpa is lower. I had a bunch of personal problems during my 2nd semester of 11th grade, and thus my gpa dropped a lot. Next year, I'm planning on taking 4-5 AP classes to boost my gpa back up which should show the colleges that the 2.89 was just a phase.

I've just retaken my SATs and the scores aren't here yet. but I believe I got a 2200+.
Last time I got: 710 Math, 660 Verbal, 680 Writing. (2050)

As far the pharmacy goes, I'm still very confused between Medicine, Pharmacy, and Dental. I know I want to do something related to biology and chemistry, and either of those career paths would suit me. So, if you believe that it would be easier to get into a 6/7 year med or dental program, please refer me to them as well.

Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.