1 Month Until Test Day

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Regnarg10

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone. I am a retaker from last year and have the Kaplan On Demand Program... Ive gone through all of the AAMC tests at one point or another and have one left that I really dont remember the content of the passages and I wanted to save that for a little bit later. I took Kaplan FL 4 the other day and really thought that it was brutal. I am about to start going back through it now. It has been really frustrating and stressful to finish this out. I feel like I have seen all the material over and over again but it just hasn't translated into the points that I feel that it should. Took Kaplan FL 3 and was encouraged. Did decent on PS, Killed VR (My strong suit), and mistimed BS which brought my score down but I was ok because I still felt that I adequately knew the material for the most part. Any advice on pushing through this last point in the process. As I mentioned I am comfortable and confident with VR it is the other two that vary by a larger margin.

Members don't see this ad.

It is the home stretch for you right now. I am in your same boat and I have that last month left and I feel like I am just going over the same thing over and over, so it is difficult. But we have to power through, this exam is meant to bring us down by half of the game is just being confident and attacking it full force.

Since you have taken many practice exams, go back and review them. Figure out where you are making similar mistakes and fix them. Analyze the questions you get both wrong AND right, and make sure you understand each step taken to get to the correct answer. I would focus on doing this more for the AAMC tests since they are are most similar to the real one.

The struggle at the end is tough but study the hardest you have for the next four weeks and if all goes all you'll never have to worry about this exam ever. It helps me to vision myself in 4 weeks and realize this test will finally be behind me.

Is there any reason why you took all of the AAMC exams so early? Not criticizing, just curious. I would try and find more practice material and focus on your weak points for content review. I didn't use any practice exams other than AAMC, so I can't talk about any personal experiences with outside sources. TBR practice exams are supposed to be helpful, but you likely wouldn't get a hold of them for a while due to their ancient ordering system.

During my last month, other than practice exams, I went through passages in the content books I was using and redid any that I did poorly on or knew that I was week on. For example, I did poorly on some centripetal force stuff, so I redid passages on centripetal force. I made sure that I could understand why the answers were correct, not just that I could remember the correct response from doing the passage previously.

Also, I began making flashcards about half way through my MCAT prep on questions/concepts that I missed or could have missed and I made sure to review all of these cards every so often.