1 week

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HookahLungs

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
It's come down to the final push.. Can't express how exhilarating this is. Who knows if I'll even get in but this is definitely an experience to remember. After the 1st, it all goes by so much quicker. Let's hope it goes by quickly with happiness and not sadness ha

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 11 users
Just realized that December first is a Tuesday. Will we find out on the Monday or on that Tuesday? Or the Monday of the week after..?

Members don't see this ad :)
Just realized that December first is a Tuesday. Will we find out on the Monday or on that Tuesday? Or the Monday of the week after..?
Tuesday starting at 12 am, so "Monday night". I think anyway...

Reactions: 2 users
Had my first nightmare about Dec 1 last night. Panic is fun!!!

Reactions: 7 users
This will be my early Christmas present!!! Hearing positive news in 7 days.

Reactions: 3 users
Me and my roommate (also predental) already have a plan to take a celebratory shot for each acceptance we get. I've gone to 7 interviews and she has gone to 8, so if we were both fortunate enough to impress the adcoms at our respective schools enough for an acceptance and the timing is as clustered as it seems... it could be an interesting morning haha

Me and my roommate (also predental) already have a plan to take a celebratory shot for each acceptance we get. I've gone to 7 interviews and she has gone to 8, so if we were both fortunate enough to impress the adcoms at our respective schools enough for an acceptance and the timing is as clustered as it seems... it could be an interesting morning haha

RIP

Reactions: 9 users
I would kill to have a pre-dental roommate. Although we would probably just lay awake in bed every night and talk about dental school like we're ten year olds sharing a tent on camping trip
But youre sounding like that's a bad thing! haha

Reactions: 1 users
So how do you guys plan on revealing acceptances to the family? This is my second year applying so I'll have to find a way to make it a big surprise IF I do get in. Let's hope I do

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I would kill to have a pre-dental roommate. Although we would probably just lay awake in bed every night and talk about dental school like we're ten year olds sharing a tent on camping trip

It can be cool sometimes (like when we were studying for the DAT together or when we were deciding on where to apply and debating the pros and cons of different schools) but we are eskimo sisters turned dance team friends turned sorority sisters turned roommates who just happen to be predent so the topic doesn't really come up that often haha.

Reactions: 6 users
So how do you guys plan on revealing acceptances to the family? This is my second year applying so I'll have to find a way to make it a big surprise IF I do get in. Let's hope I do
As a re-applicant too my plan (if accepted) is to not tell my parents and if they ask I'll say I didn't get in. And come Christmas time I will buy them apparel from the school and give it to them. This is all assuming I can keep it a secret which is really hard for me.

Reactions: 6 users

Im probably gonna trick my family into thinking i got rejected till they believe it, then tell them i got in!

I have no idea. Maybe just scream really loud (bc I have a tendency to do that) and my mom will run into my room bc that always happens lol. I think I'll be too excited to tell my family in a creative way.

However I'm still thinking of how I'm going to announce it on social media!

"Hey Mom!"
"Hey hellofuturedentists"
"I got into dental school!!"

That's probably how it'll go. Then maybe I'll get some congratulatory cookies in the mail a few days later :)

"Hey Mom!"
"Hey hellofuturedentists"
"I got into dental school!!"

That's probably how it'll go. Then maybe I'll get some congratulatory cookies in the mail a few days later :)
"Hey hellofuturedentists" lmfao. I'll probably keep it a secret as well.. Knowing ppl, they'll probably stop asking where we were accepted once they do come out.. Hah

"Hey hellofuturedentists" lmfao. I'll probably keep it a secret as well.. Knowing ppl, they'll probably stop asking where we were accepted once they do come out.. Hah
Lol thankfully my mom does actually know my real name. I've told everyone who's asked Dec 1 is the first acceptance day. Now I just have to see if they remember.

Reactions: 1 user
i'll probably scream and cry and my mom will think that something bad happened to someone

I'm not gonna say anything. The week of my white coat ceremony I'll just tell my parents "Oh yeah can you come to my white coat ceremony? Kthanksbye."

Reactions: 13 users
I'm not gonna say anything. The week of my white coat ceremony I'll just tell my parents "Oh yeah can you come to my white coat ceremony? Kthanksbye."
Lol imagine the expressions. Specifically if you're across the country and they don't know wtf you're doing with your life.

I don't want a lot for Christmas
There is just one thing I need
I don't care about the presents
Underneath the Christmas tree
I just want you for my own
More than you could ever know
Make my wish come true oh
All I want for Christmas is you (refer to an acceptance letter, call, or email)

Or better yet, in four years:
"Hey parents, my dental school graduation is coming up"
"You went to dental school?"
"Oh my gosh. Did I not tell you guys?? My b"

Reactions: 11 users
Or better yet, in four years:
"Hey parents, my dental school graduation is coming up"
"You went to dental school?"
"Oh my gosh. Did I not tell you guys?? My b"

My parents would just shake their heads, "Classic Weakfart!"

How many schools y'all interviewed at?

i'll probably scream and cry and my mom will think that something bad happened to someone
That is probably the most realistic response for a good pre-dent, because an anticipation of their child sitting on 200-550k dept in near future would terrify most of the parents! Just kidding :laugh:

Lmaoo you guys always have some funny responses to any post haha! What would I do without the SDN fam??

Oh man why do you have to remind me. I almost forgot about that date! Now back to feeling nervous.

For now I'm focused on the black Friday deals. After that ill get back to worrying lol

For now I'm focused on the black Friday deals. After that ill get back to worrying lol
I'm all about that AADSAS doorbusters. Three for one specials on applications.

Reactions: 18 users
honestly just LOL if you dont get acceptances to harvard, penn, and u-mich on dec 1. It's pretty much game over at that point.

what are you even doing with your life?

Last edited:
honestly just LOL if you dont get acceptances to harvard, penn, and u-mich on dec 1. It's pretty much game over at that point.

Wait for other school acceptance, cause aint nobody got time apply to harvard, penn, and umich..

Lol I was gonna make a "7 days" thread. With samara's picture from the ring, but I can't figure out how to upload a picture on mobile.

I'm thinking I will tell everyone next year that we don't hear about our acceptances until April....

Good luck everyone!!! At least you have all of the Thanksgiving stuff to keep you busy for a few days but I bet Monday is going to be a LONG day!!!

Lol I was gonna make a "7 days" thread. With samara's picture from the ring, but I can't figure out how to upload a picture on mobile.

technologically challenged minds think alike :thumbup:

it sucks going through this as a reapplicant but stay strong guys! we got this.

How do you know this about UMich, specifically?