1 year Masters Programs, which ones have TAing options?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MaybeDr

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've been browsing 1 year master programs for the past couple of days and I've stumbled on to a couple of questions. Do these programs allow you to TA to pay tuition? If so can someone point me a few that allow you to TA to pay for tuition? How big of an advantage does having a masters give me on admissions?

I'm already in a enough debt I don't want to get into more at this point but I want to have something productive to do during my gap year that I'm interested in. I'm looking at the Stem Cell Biology Masters at USC right now but again I'm unsure if they allow their master's students to TA for tuition (already inquired). I know USCB does but their deadline has passed.

Members don't see this ad.

I did my masters at ucsd and didn't pay a dime due to TA positions all 3 quarters.

I actually made some money due to the stipend they gave me on top of the tuition waiver

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I should also mention. I'm only looking for programs that DO NOT require the GRE but accept the MCAT instead.

I did a master's in bio