10 days left...but im like so over it!!!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dentdavis

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I have 10 days left and I'm just like soooooooo sick and tired of studying!!! I feel liek its just the same thing over and over and overrrrrrrrr again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm losing my mind litereally. I'm just over it seriously! How did you guys keep yourself motivated at my point?? I literally study everyday from 9-8 PM with like 2 hours of break during the day. I have a set schedule everyday but I feel like its just the same things over and over and overrr...I think its impossible to ever be 100% ready for this test...but I think I'm at a good solid place where I'll get the scores I want. ( I hope.) Just looking for some advice and motivation.

Members don't see this ad.

About 2 weeks before my exam I felt like I was ready. I was thinking about moving my exam to an earlier date. I was in the same boat as you, just getting sick of reviewing the same stuff again and again. But try to keep your mind straight. I told myself, the more I review, quicker I will know it on the exam and the better I will perform. And it worked on the exam. Trust me it will pay off. Just keep doing what your doing. Take a day break and relax. Also in the last 2 days I would start winding it down. People often recommend not studying the day before the exam. I studied for 2 hours just to keep my mind straight.

Dont worry, it will all be over soon.

Remember, Practice makes perfect!

Maybe take a day off or something, i know the week of my test I was busy and had to do some things early that week and that really made me feel like i need to get on it! just keep going though your so close! trust me when you hit done and see those awesome scores its one of the best feelings you'll have, good luck

dude check my thread Burnt. Out. I had the same problem before my test. I went out with friends and got wasted. It was such a stress reliever- after that I was able to get back in the zone for the next few days. Def take a break if need be!

Members don't see this ad :)
hahaha I went through the exact same feeling. My last week before my DAT I spent it watching tv with my sister down stairs procrastinating from studying. I realized that I get that feeling when I know I'm ready even though there's no way to know your ready for this kind of test. You've just exhausted the room in your head and can't fit anything else. It's up to you if its worth it moving it up for 25$ or just chill till the time comes. Trust me, If you studied right you wont forget what you learned.

Yo davis you can do it, just chill. Sounds like you've worked hard, the information isn't just going to leave your brain. Take it easy the week before and just refresh a bit each day, you'll still have it come test time. A little encouragement, just took mine today and though some of the scores I am going to rip my hair out over, there is no retake in sight because I'm applying. Ended up with a 23/24/21....I'll post a breakdown later.

I also had the same experience. My last ten days or so I just took some practice tests, woke up early so that my body would be used to it and maybe did some math practice. I didn't really even go over my tests I was so lazy, but I just couldn't bring myself to look at the same stuff I had been looking at for months. The day before my test my mother called me and said "honey, if you don't know it by now, you probably never will," so I took the day off. I ate some yogurt for the butterflies in my stomach and caught up on all of my trashy TV programs. I think it really helped to clear my head. I guess you should maybe do some light reviewing just so that it stays fresh in your mind, but if you have put in the time and feel like you're going to go insane from seeing the same stuff over and over again, odds are you'll be just fine. :thumbup: