10+ score increase?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tmcdona11

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do you think it is possible to score 10+ points higher on MCAT second time around? First MCAT taken in August & second will be taken in January. Ideally I would like to see at least a 10 point increase, but my goal is 13+ points higher. Any advice to be successful the second time around?

Members don't see this ad.

Is it possible? Sure. But usually under circumstances where the individual didn't study AT ALL the first time, and committed to a proven program the second time (such as SN2ed).

MCAT studying absolutely reaches a point of diminishing returns, and very rarely do you see 10 point turn-arounds unless there is a glaring gap in material knowledge.

Two friends took it this cycle and increased 5 points from their practice test averages, both didn't change anything. It's possible, I'm hoping the same for me lol.

Members don't see this ad :)
I rewrote a 31 (12/9/10) that I did last year and am currently awaiting my scores for my rewrite. Bumping 10 points when you have a 31 is damn near impossible but bumping 10 points if you have 25 is definitely possible. I was averaging 36 on my FL before my rewrite and am expecting either that or above.

The main thing I did was change the WAY I study. DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT go about it the same way as you originally did because that clearly did not work for you. Change it up, give yourself the proper time and you will see the increase you want and deserve.

Keep your head up

I have a 20 first time and 31 second time so yes it is possible. I studied both time tho. I used kaplan first time and berkeley second time. I really like berkeley better