About the ads

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

$100 to reschedule step 2 ck?

Discussion in 'Step II' started by bulldog, Oct 18, 2006.

1. This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors and sponsors. Thank you.
  1. bulldog

bulldog Senior Member

SDN 10+ Year Member

SDN Members don't see this ad. (About Ads)
    so there's a $100 fee to reschedule step 2 ck before the 5 business day thing?

Exam Name: STEP 2 - United States Medical Licensing Exam -
    Step 2 - United States Medical Licensing Examination
    Reschedule Fee: 100.00 USD
    Tax: 0.00 USD
    Balance: 100.00 USD
  2. manning18

manning18 Guest

They want you to reschedule before 12 noon 5 Business days prior to your originally scheduled date so as to avoid the rescheduling fee. It wasn't clear how much the fee was but, apparently, it's $100. It's annoying, but it is mentioned!
  3. Adam_K

Adam_K Indentured

Resident [Any Field]
    SDN 5+ Year Member
    I tried to reschedule Step 2 CK on the prometric site and it wanted to charge me even though I was way ahead of the five business day deadline. So, I called prometric and had them reschedule for me. No charge.
  4. Thaitanium

Thaitanium Member

SDN 7+ Year Member
    Theres a glitch in the computer system. If you want to reschedule, you have to call prometric directly and reschedule with them on the phone (no charge).
  5. Ceez

Ceez Senior Member

Attending Physician
    SDN 10+ Year Member
    what about extending the elgibility period? i'd love to get out of that $50 damn fee. it's like the $470 i already paid wasn't enough for them
  6. manning18

manning18 Guest

I just extended eligibility and, as far as I can tell, there is no way to extend eligibility without the $50 fee, regardless of how much advance notice is given. Extending seemed like a fair deal, in the sense you have until 25 days AFTER your original period ends to get them the forms, the caveat being you still have to cancel your original appt 5 Business Days prior, or you'll be charged a rescheduling fee ($100).