126 CARS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

davethewave2255

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is this score a problem for MD? 70% or 126 on CARS.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
what's the CARS test? is it like a foreign mcat?

SDN at its finest. This is somewhere between a 9-10.

10 is a very good score. And as gyngyn likes to say "9 is fine don't whine".

Non issue. Next.

Reactions: 1 user
CARS is the Critical Analysis and Reasoning Skills section on the "new" MCAT somewhat equivalent to VR, Verbal Reasoning in the "old" MCAT

Yeah I should have been a bit more clear I was converting MCAT verbal percentiles to the CARs score. There is no perfect correlation between the two tests and really until there's several years of data I'm guessing even ADCOMs probably will still have some questions as to how much the two correlate and how to interpret CARs but it seems to be the closest approximation to the old MCAT verbal.

You basically have a V 9 and Composite 31
Should be fine as long as you aren't Californian

I'm applying with a 124 CARS score and I already have an II. The fact that you're worried about applying with a 126 literally made me laugh out loud (sorry). You're in good shape!

I'm applying with a 124 CARS score and I already have an II. The fact that you're worried about applying with a 126 literally made me laugh out loud (sorry). You're in good shape!
Congrats!!

Congrats!!
Thank you! It was a huge shock. I squealed when I got the email at work and then had to walk around my building because I was so excited I couldn't sit still! Then I looked at travel costs haha the excitement leveled off

Reactions: 1 users