USMLE 170 NBME and feeling lost.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pitupua

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
edited for reasons....

i passed.... whatever....

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Personally, i don't like RX or Kaplan. I've done them
UFAP with annotations in FA should definitely atleast you get into the 200s

Ya Rx is great for learning FA, but not the best for preparing for the actual test. Uworld is everything for the boards in my opinion. Two months is enough time to go through the bank really well, although you may be rushed at times. Get uworld and do as many questions as you can, but make sure to read the answers. Uworld is a great learning tool if you use it right, even if you get their answers wrong, as long as you learn from your mistakes.

During my NBME I was literally thinking back to Uworld questions for some answers, and pathoma

Read first aid over and over, and over, and over again. & practice alongside with Uw. You'll get a passing grade in no time. Just gotta put the work & time in, & you'll be golden.

Good luck.

Members don't see this ad :)
your score says that you lack the basic fundamentals to pass. Id highly recommend either watching the first 3-4 chapters of pathoma or reading the first 8-10 chapters of goljian RR path to get the fundamental base you need. Doing this plus reviewing FA/UW, as other posters have mentioned, you should be able to get your score in to the 200's. Good luck.

seeing the above posts, I'm in the same boat as the OP, but I'm wondering what a score in the 200's you guys actually mean? I mean, 200's range from 200-270 lol...
uFAp (with emphasis on FA) what is a realistic score? 200? 210? 240?

btw, heres my history-

IMG, already graduated
born/raised in los angeles.
no steps taken
want residency in PM&R or Psych.
only doing UFAP. (especially FA)
uworld- 50-60%, 2nd pass, system wise,timed but non random. 50% done.
I study and understand like a snail- like 6-7 pages a day snail.
I have 3 months left to prepare.
I study 5-7 hours a day.

Last edited:
I started at a 135 and hit 220 on the real thing using UFAP/DIT and some Kaplan qbank. Good luck!