199 on uworld assessment after doing amazing on uworld Qbank?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

yayforscrambling

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'll keep this nice and sweet.

My test day #1 is tomorrow, i.e. Friday the 24th.

Been scoring between 85-90% on uworld. It's not as amazing as you may think because it's my third go on it.

Just finished the uworld assessment... just as a last minute idea of how I will do tomorrow, and boom, i get a 199

I'm shocked. Been literally hauling a$$.

Yes, I've been awake for maybe 4 days straight, which I've never done before, but still, 199?

MY QUESTION: reschedule my test date or make sure I get enough sleep?

PLEASE be brutal. I did not match last cycle because I was stupid enough to apply late and I have one Step 1 failure (I'm a US M.D. if that matters at all).

In short, it will be the kiss of death if by some act of God I don't pass this piece of $hit exam.

Literally, just reply back with two words if you're that busy: just tell me: don't reschedule, or reschedule.

Would appreciate ANY insight at all because I am so lost right now.

thanks in advance for ANY replies

Members don't see this ad.

took test, in short:
- everything was the EXACT opposite from everyone's experience on day #1
- easy as $hit - was never between answers
- literally 2 ads on the WHOLE exam
- AT MOST 2-3 biostats q's on each section which were ridiculously easy... as in, if you knew how to calculate sensitivity and specificity, along with PPV and NPV (along with a 2 by 2 table literally given to you!), 80% of the biostats q's were given to you for free. Didn't even bother with the rest of the biostats Q's - chose answer A for all of them so I can come back at the end, but never came back because of time issues. Always finished on time though (minus the 20% or so of the biostats questions which were probably 7-10 total that I didn't answer on the whole exam)
- skipped every single ad question, which gave me a huge edge. Although I finished exactly on time at the end which meant i couldn't go back to them, I wasn't planning on going back to them if I did have extra time. I'm talking about 3 questions for each of the 2 ads. Couldn't care less.
- easier than CK
- if you recently graduated from medical school like I did, hell, if I knew it was this easy, I kid you not - I would not have studied for it
- Obviously we all get different exams, so my advice can actually screw you, but let's just say that my exam today was so easy that I would be VERY surprised if I got less than a 235.

Reactions: 1 user
I have my step 3 in 4 days and UWSA is literally kicking my ass!!!! Its so vague and hard, I'm scared to finish it and I'm tired of studying for this ******ed exam. Do you think I should just take the test without even taking a Self assessment?

Members don't see this ad :)
I have my step 3 in 4 days and UWSA is literally kicking my ass!!!! Its so vague and hard, I'm scared to finish it and I'm tired of studying for this ******ed exam. Do you think I should just take the test without even taking a Self assessment?
Honestly, with my experience, I wouldn't take it.

Screw their assessment. If anything, it'll just scare the crap out of you and take away whatever confidence you had.

At this point in the game we all know when we're ready to take the dam test. Take it and move on with your life. Good luck.

damn, that second post really shocked me. my exam is tomrw and if i took your advice i think i'd be screwed royally, but somehow it was comforting to read ( in an unsettling way). May I ask how you did?

BTW i like the idea of skipping potentially long questions like drug ads and come back to them later, i think i'll do just that tmrw, thx

ps. got 210 on UWSA and yes i panicked! Glad you found the actual exam much easier

just got my score today @ ~ 9:02 a.m.

COMPLETELY bombed CCS (actually it was so bad that I had a freakin' star on the left side)

but... i got 221... fukem - it's over and I can't care any less at this point.

NOBODY deserves the kind of stress we we go through... nobody

best of luck

Wow, you got your score fast! Also, congrats!!! How was the CCS? What do you mean by completely bombing it (how bad was the damage)?

I got a 215 on the UWSA and was like OH GOD NO until I read your reassuring posts, so thanks!

I'd take that second post with a grain of salt as I found day 1 extremely difficult (OP just being sarcastic?). Granted that I'm just an IMG and the poster's level is probably several above mine but there were definitely more than just 2-3 biostats questions per block and none of them asked me to calculate something as simple as sensitivity and specificity. There were at least 1 drug ad and sometimes even 1abstracts per block. I was constantly not between answers but that could speak to the fact that OP is just a better student or test-taker than i am. The bottom line is do not take this exam lightly. I was short on time even though time was never
Wow, you got your score fast! Also, congrats!!! How was the CCS? What do you mean by completely bombing it (how bad was the damage)?

I got a 215 on the UWSA and was like OH GOD NO until I read your reassuring posts, so thanks!
an issue for me in step 1 and CK. Good luck!

took test, in short:
- everything was the EXACT opposite from everyone's experience on day #1
- easy as $hit - was never between answers
- literally 2 ads on the WHOLE exam
- AT MOST 2-3 biostats q's on each section which were ridiculously easy... as in, if you knew how to calculate sensitivity and specificity, along with PPV and NPV (along with a 2 by 2 table literally given to you!), 80% of the biostats q's were given to you for free. Didn't even bother with the rest of the biostats Q's - chose answer A for all of them so I can come back at the end, but never came back because of time issues. Always finished on time though (minus the 20% or so of the biostats questions which were probably 7-10 total that I didn't answer on the whole exam)
- skipped every single ad question, which gave me a huge edge. Although I finished exactly on time at the end which meant i couldn't go back to them, I wasn't planning on going back to them if I did have extra time. I'm talking about 3 questions for each of the 2 ads. Couldn't care less.
- easier than CK
- if you recently graduated from medical school like I did, hell, if I knew it was this easy, I kid you not - I would not have studied for it
- Obviously we all get different exams, so my advice can actually screw you, but let's just say that my exam today was so easy that I would be VERY surprised if I got less than a 235.
I'd take that second post with a grain of salt as I found day 1 extremely difficult (OP just being sarcastic?). Granted that I'm just an IMG and the poster's level is probably several above mine but there were definitely more than just 2-3 biostats questions per block and none of them asked me to calculate something as simple as sensitivity and specificity. There were at least 1 drug ad and sometimes even 1abstracts per block. I was constantly not between answers but that could speak to the fact that OP is just a better student or test-taker than i am. The bottom line is do not take this exam lightly. I was short on time even though time was never

an issue for me in step 1 and CK. Good luck!

There is a huge difference between of the quote guys’ experiences with step 3. It could be that NBME scales the exams depending on if the examinee is a resident or not. I assume that would be fair. Perhaps non-residents get an easier exam than residents.