Menu Icon Search
Close Search

About the ads

1. If you prefer the SDN Blue style, go to the bottom left of the page and select "SDN Blue"

1999 matriculation

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical Osteopathic [ DO ]' started by rhillstr, 03.12.99.

1. rhillstr

rhillstr Senior Member

SDN 10+ Year Member

SDN Members don't see this ad. (About Ads)
    I was curious if anyone would be willing to post GPA and MCAT info as well school accepted/interviewed? I understand this information is VERY personal but any voluntary postings would be very great for those of use evaluating our own position {though it is widely known that each is evaluated on his/her own merits! [​IMG] }
    THANKS
  2. OldManDave

OldManDave Fossil Bouncer Emeritus Moderator Emeritus

Attending Physician
    SDN 10+ Year Member
    cumGPA 3.75, sciGPA~3.65, majGPA 4.0 [this incarnation--my old stuff, >10yrs, is way crappy] MCAT 8/11/Q/10...thus far, three interviews and no acceptances. I'm waiting on UHS, interviewed March 8, and waiting to interview @ KCOM, March 26.

Yes, stats are personal...but hey, it helps to know where you stand when you apply to these places. Just ALWAYS remember, esp with the DO schools, they look at FAR more than just your numbers!!!

Lastly, how do you make that little smiley face---the wife wants to know!!

------------------
    'Old Man Dave'

3. ReneeWB

ReneeWB Senior Member

SDN 10+ Year Member
    Yes, I agree with Dave that schools do look at a lot more than numbers. I am a definite case in point. My cumulative GPA is 3.7, science GPA is 3.4, MCAT is 25, 10,7,Q,8. I am an older applicant with kids and various life experience "stuff". Not a lot of medical experience, however. When your numbers are only average, you really have to work hard to SELL yourself. It took me two years, but I have been accepted to UNECOM this August.
  4. ReneeWB

ReneeWB Senior Member

SDN 10+ Year Member
    Oh yeah, the smiley face is made with a colon and a right parentheses. This site automatically converts it to the yellow smiley.
    [​IMG]
  5. Jason28

Jason28 Junior Member

Hey all,

My cGPA is 3.14. and I got a 24 on the MCAT. I was accepted at UOMHS. Plus I had a D in a course in my sophomore year. The biggest thing I was able to do to overcome that was show prgressive improvement. They really do look at the whole person. Good luck!

Jason
  6. rhillstr

rhillstr Senior Member

SDN 10+ Year Member
    Wow Jason, that's impressive. I think that you're situation proves anything's possible if you try hard enough!
    [​IMG]
  7. 8404

8404 Senior Member

SDN 10+ Year Member
    Damn proud to post my stats as:Science GPA 3.2, Overall GPA 3.3, MCAT V=6(yes thats right, a six)Bio=10, Phy=7, Writing=R. But, let me say that I have worked full time throughout college and have more medically related work experience than you could possibly imagine. Lesson learned: Dont rely on the statistics! But, if your grades and GPA suck you had better back it up with solid sweat and blood from somewhere else, dont rely on a pipe dream that you will get in. Even though they are looking at more than just stats, lets be realistic: YOU GOTTA MAKE THE INITIAL CUTOFFS AND GET TO THE INTERVIEW!!!! I have one acceptance and await the results of another past interview. GOOD LUCK!!!!!
  8. 8404

8404 Senior Member

SDN 10+ Year Member
    Damn proud to post my stats as:Science GPA 3.2, Overall GPA 3.3, MCAT V=6(yes thats right, a six)Bio=10, Phy=7, Writing=R. But, let me say that I have worked full time throughout college and have more medically related work experience than you could possibly imagine. Lesson learned: Dont rely on the statistics! But, if your grades and GPA suck you had better back it up with solid sweat and blood from somewhere else, dont rely on a pipe dream that you will get in. Even though they are looking at more than just stats, lets be realistic: YOU GOTTA MAKE THE INITIAL CUTOFFS AND GET TO THE INTERVIEW!!!! I have one acceptance and await the results of another past interview. GOOD LUCK!!!!!
  9. 8404

8404 Senior Member

SDN 10+ Year Member
  10. 8404

8404 Senior Member

SDN 10+ Year Member
  11. 8404

8404 Senior Member

SDN 10+ Year Member
  12. Hskermdic

Hskermdic Senior Member

SDN 10+ Year Member
    Overall GPA 3.6, SciGPA 3.7 MCAT V 10, P 11, B 11, O. First 3 years of bad grades with a big turn around in last three, (yes that means 6 years of undergrad spread out over 8.5 years. I worked as a paramedic for 3 years in the middle.)

I applied early decision at KCOM and will be attending there in the fall.

Carrie
  13. premed1

premed1 Member

SDN 10+ Year Member
    GPA
    Overall: 3.26
    Science: 3.30
    MCAT: 9/8/8/N
    I think what helped me was my graduate GPA (3.75) and my post bac. science GPA (3.82). I had a 2.9 when I graduated as an undergraduate.
    I have been accepted at WesternU and I am on the altenate list at Nova.

Premed1

[This message has been edited by premed1 (edited 03-15-99).]
  14. 8404

8404 Senior Member

SDN 10+ Year Member
    Sorry about the multiple posts folks! My computer acted like it had not sent the post so I kept hitting send after it gave me an error.
  15. danny

danny Member

SDN 10+ Year Member
    GPA 3.4
    Sci 3.4
    MCAT 7,12,11 Q
    I also got 2 A's as a non-matric last term
    I started out poorly (2.7 after 1st year) but steadily improved. Your trend is very important. Obviously it's best to always do well but it is looks better when you improve rather than digress. I'll be attending CCOM this fall.
    Danny [​IMG]
    (just wanted to see if the smiley face came out!!)
  16. OldManDave

OldManDave Fossil Bouncer Emeritus Moderator Emeritus

Attending Physician
    SDN 10+ Year Member
    Thanks to Renee...I'm making smiley faces!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Best of luck and success to you all...I hope to see some of you this fall...just waiting on a fat envelope!!

------------------
    'Old Man Dave'
    Senior, Neurosciences
    Univ of Texas at Dallas
    Class of 1999

// Share //

Style: SDN Universal