2.4 GPA and 28 MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

doc luv

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
sorry if i sound ignorant in asking this question, but i'm not too familiar with post-bacs. from what i've seen u need to have about a 3.0 to get into any decent post-bac program. a friend of mine, however, really messed up undergrad (straight through his senior year) and ended up with 2.45 gpa. he recently got a 28 on the mcat, he's got some volunteer experience in the hospital, and good lors.

anyone know of any good programs which would be forgiving of a really low gpa?

Members don't see this ad.

I had 2.3 GPA and 32 MCAT and I begged my way into Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine's Post bac program last fall. They have a 2.5 GPA cutoff, but they do make exceptions. I was also able take pre-reqs at another college while in the program. I was accepted to a few DO schools, so it worked out. I'm unsure of how MD schools percieve the program as I didn't apply to any. Barry University in Miami would probably be another option (one that I considered) and they have a graduates in MD/DO schools. As I found out low GPA is a major problem for any school, but there are some ways around it.