DO 2.8 cGPA -- 3.3 sGPA -- 28 MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted92121

29 y/o white male
2.8 cGPA
3.3 sGPA
28 MCAT

B.S. in Natural Science from Pitt

Multiple retakes, withdrawals, and a number of failing grades from years earlier (>5yrs). More than one university attended. Last 40 credits have been higher level science courses with a 4.0 gpa as I finally got my act together.

Overall academic history is inconsistent with fair share of highs and lows. Non-science research experience including presentation of research at international meeting in Singapore between freshman and sophomore year.

~ 10 years experience as a paramedic including 5 years in Level II trauma center. Significant experience in education, both in the hospital and in the field. Developed a few protocols in use by the ED where I work.

Strong LOR from multiple osteopathic physicians.

Top choice is LECOM due to location and having some inside contacts (not trying to sound arrogant or anything but my work as a paramedic, specifically in the hospital, has allowed me to make some great connections that may or may not help in the future).

Members don't see this ad.

The upward GPA trend will help but not as much as making up for your low cGPA. The best course of action is to retake courses with C/D/F grades to boost the cGPA to at least 3.0+ and ideally 3.3+.

Numbers will still hold you back. Gotta retake more classes to get over a 3.0.

Just a follow up:

Some courses are not available to retake (long story) so how should I proceed in this case?