2 Month SAT Plan?

Paintist

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone have suggestions where to start? I plan on taking the SAT in June.

Some background on me:

I have no high school education and I've taken some community college courses. My math should be up to speed by now. But I heard I need to know some Geometry. I'm really overwhelmed with the amount of resources there are and simply do not know where to start. I do know that there's a lot of vocabulary to remember. Anyone have tips and can give suggestions to what books/videos that I should probably get started on?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Knowing word structure and basic latin is more important than memorizing a bunch of vocabulary words. For instance, knowing that "pre-" generally means before is the kind of knowledge that will aid you on the SAT. They change the vocabulary every year so memorizing the ones that all of the textbooks want you to will only help a little.

Thanks for your reply. Is there any Latin workbooks or online lectures you could recommend? My problem is also not knowing where to start as far as materials and resources go.

Members don't see this ad :)
Take lots of practice tests, and make sure you understand the questions you miss. You can take practice tests in SAT prep books; they usually have explanations for their answers.

The official college board SAT book, the big blue one, is a must. I would recommend buying this book, reading it, and taking the practice tests. After that, borrow SAT books from the library just to use their practice tests.

Alrights so first of all 2 months for SAT prep is a ton of time. Most important thing is to stay steadfast and keep doing it. Here's what I did to get a pretty good score. I bought the Official SAT prep book. Then did like a couple of practice sections in a week. Concentrate on Math and Reading really, cause that's really what colleges look at. Just keep doing a little every other day and keep believing that you'll do well. Practice and belief that you'll do well=great score.