2 signature IDs for the test center?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dental555

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
To take the DAT at a prometric test center, it says I need 2 ID's with signatures, and at least 1 photo ID. I was planning on using my driver's license as 1 ID, but I don't have a passport. It says state ID's work, do you think my University of Maryland undergrad ID would work? It has both photo and signature, but is a little faded, and I'm not sure if it qualifies. It's the only other signature ID I have. I've been meaning to get a passport for awhile now anyways, so I thought I might just do that, but I'm not sure.

Members don't see this ad.

I believe I used a drivers license and a credit card. I think it needs to have a signature on it, which my school ID doesn't. Just call your local center and double check so you don't have to worry about something trivial.

i think i saw some post saying that credit card with your name and signature is okay..
can anybody confirm this please?

Driver's license plus credit card absolutely works. You can even use the two IDs to help you on the angle ranking section of the PAT as long as you don't touch the screen! Just make sure you practice this technique before the real DAT to make sure it works for you.

Members don't see this ad :)
Bust out the library card!

When you arrive at the Prometric Test Center to take the test, two original, current forms of identification (ID), one primary and one secondary, will be requested and must be presented. The primary ID must be a government issued ID, bearing a photograph and a signature. Examples of acceptable primary IDs (bearing a photograph and signature) are a driver's license or a passport/passport card. At least one ID must have both a picture and a signature. Examples of secondary IDs (IDs that require only a signature) are a debit card, a library card, or credit card. Both forms of ID must be current (not expired).
The name on your IDs must match exactly with the name on your DAT application.

As for using your IDs to help with angle ranking, you better be darn sure to 100% verify it's okay with your testing center before you try it. I'm not at all questioning Rlow's experience, just don't risk getting the boot and destroying this whole cycle for yourself by whipping out your IDs during the test without permission. They're pretty explicit about 'measuring devices'. There's also a reason why they tell you that you can't bend or fold or use the laminated sheets as a measuring device...such a scenario would only be beneficial for PAT.

Bust out the library card!

As for using your IDs to help with angle ranking, you better be darn sure to 100% verify it's okay with your testing center before you try it. I'm not at all questioning Rlow's experience, just don't risk getting the boot and destroying this whole cycle for yourself by whipping out your IDs during the test without permission. They're pretty explicit about 'measuring devices'. There's also a reason why they tell you that you can't bend or fold or use the laminated sheets as a measuring device...such a scenario would only be beneficial for PAT.

Totally. Don't count on it or rely on it and ask them when you get there. In the end there were really only 2 or 3 questions it helped me with.