About the ads

2 signature IDs for the test center?

Discussion in 'DAT Discussions' started by dental555, May 29, 2012.

1. SDN is a nonprofit organization. Services are made possible through the generous support of SDN members and sponsors. Thank you.

Thanks to Crack the DAT

Thanks to DAT Destroyer
  1. dental555

dental555

Pre-Dental
    SDN 2+ Year Member

SDN Members don't see this ad. (About Ads)
    To take the DAT at a prometric test center, it says I need 2 ID's with signatures, and at least 1 photo ID. I was planning on using my driver's license as 1 ID, but I don't have a passport. It says state ID's work, do you think my University of Maryland undergrad ID would work? It has both photo and signature, but is a little faded, and I'm not sure if it qualifies. It's the only other signature ID I have. I've been meaning to get a passport for awhile now anyways, so I thought I might just do that, but I'm not sure.
  2. sacapuntas

sacapuntas Verified Account Gold Donor

Dental Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    I believe I used a drivers license and a credit card. I think it needs to have a signature on it, which my school ID doesn't. Just call your local center and double check so you don't have to worry about something trivial.
  3. kies89

kies89

Pre-Pharmacy
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    i think i saw some post saying that credit card with your name and signature is okay..
    can anybody confirm this please?
  4. Rlow04

Rlow04

Dental Student
    Army SDN 5+ Year Member
    Driver's license plus credit card absolutely works. You can even use the two IDs to help you on the angle ranking section of the PAT as long as you don't touch the screen! Just make sure you practice this technique before the real DAT to make sure it works for you.
  5. MuskieMan33

MuskieMan33

Pre-Dental
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    Are you being serious Rlow? Don't play with our heads like that! haha.
  6. Rlow04

Rlow04

Dental Student
    Army SDN 5+ Year Member
    Dead serious. I asked the prometric lady if it was ok before I did it on the DAT. She was fine with it.
  7. Rlow04

Rlow04

Dental Student
    Army SDN 5+ Year Member
    Thanks, but yes, they're real. I was more surprised than anyone when I got them!
  8. jeffity

jeffity

SDN 2+ Year Member
    Bust out the library card!

As for using your IDs to help with angle ranking, you better be darn sure to 100% verify it's okay with your testing center before you try it. I'm not at all questioning Rlow's experience, just don't risk getting the boot and destroying this whole cycle for yourself by whipping out your IDs during the test without permission. They're pretty explicit about 'measuring devices'. There's also a reason why they tell you that you can't bend or fold or use the laminated sheets as a measuring device...such a scenario would only be beneficial for PAT.
  9. Rlow04

Rlow04

Dental Student
    Army SDN 5+ Year Member
    Totally. Don't count on it or rely on it and ask them when you get there. In the end there were really only 2 or 3 questions it helped me with.