2 Weeks Before Exam Enough?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AshPreMed

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I really need your help.

I will be taking a Princeton Review MCAT Classroom course from June 11 until August 23. I plan on writing my MCAT early September (such as 1st or 7th) to apply to American and Canadian med schools. The MCAT course is 5 days per week. This is the first time I will be doing my MCAT, and I'm entering my 4th year. I plan on dedicating the rest of the summer to my MCAT.

My question is, since there are many practice MCAT exams, would 1 week (or a bit more) after the PR course is done be enough time to do them, review, and be ready for my MCAT exam? Although I plan to dedicate my time, would it be realistic and safe?

If not, I'm considering switching to a 6 days per week course. I cannot start the MCAT course earlier than May 30th due to another UofT course. Would 6 days per week be too quick?

Thank you so much for your time and help.

Ash

Members don't see this ad.

I plan on writing my MCAT early September (such as 1st or 7th) to apply to American and Canadian med schools. The MCAT course is 5 days per week. This is the first time I will be doing my MCAT, and I'm entering my 4th year. I plan on dedicating the rest of the summer to my MCAT.

My question is, since there are many practice MCAT exams, would 1 week (or a bit more) after the PR course is done be enough time to do them, review, and be ready for my MCAT exam? Although I plan to dedicate my time, would it be realistic and safe?

If not, I'm considering switching to a 6 days per week course. I cannot start the MCAT course earlier than May 30th due to another UofT course. Would 6 days per week be too quick?

Thank you so much for your time and help.

Ash
Are you planning to apply this year or next yr? Because if you're planning to apply next year, then you have the option to postpone it. If not then I think you're taking it late.
The max I think I would want to do would be 5 AAMC/week.
I was studying I was basically doing 6 days a week (~5 hrs/day) so it's possible.
It all depends on you and what you think you are capable of.

theres no problem with that. but be prepared to work like a donkey for real. make sure you read the chapters and take notes on them before class. then all you have to do after class is finish the questions and passages. stay on top of everything. dont take more than a couple days off. try to do all of the AAMC exams as well.

Since you only have limited time and you want to learn the most possible from each one I'd say do 3-4 of the latest ones instead of all of them. Spend more quality time with the most representative tests.