2 weeks till test day (8/30)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

beadlin2

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have 2 weeks till my test, and I'm starting to get that familiar feeling like I'm not ready. I have gone through chad's videos and am using his notes as a lot of my studying as I like the way he explains things that will matter for the DAT rather than a textbook. I also have been using Cliffs AP bio book for most of my biology studying, with the Kaplan Blue book as a supplement. Also have been trying to take as many DAT and Math Destroyer tests as I can, as I want to get through destroyer twice.

I plan on going through the answers and making sure I know why they are wrong/right like people have suggested on here. I also have both DAT Achiever and Topscore and will have taken all those tests before my date in 2 weeks. I guess I am just coming here for reassurance/advice on how I should be spending these next 2 weeks. I basically have nothing to do until the test (work is done for now and will have 12+ hours a day to study if need be). I plan on taking the rest of my practice tests, going through my Chad notes, AP bio book, destroyer tests and the roadmaps trying to get everything together in my head for the test.

I did well on all the other sections of the DAT last time I took it besides the science, and I feel like a 2 week load of information and studying will be able to push me over the hump but I just wanted others opinions and reassurance as, like I said, that feeling of "Oh crap I'm not ready" is setting in. Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

well I'm taking the DAT on the same day as you hahaha. Well for me, I'm going to take Top score and 3 Kaplan tests. I just went through Achiever tests, and I got to say they are pretty demoralizing. A few dental students told me not to take a full length test on the day before the test and go easy on that day!

Well good luck to you

I'm taking mine on the 22nd, and I have to agree...Achiever is very demoralizing. My first Achiever I got a 15 on the PAT, but then I did CDP test #9 this morning and got a 23. That kind of boosted my morale.

My test is on Aug. 26 and same "I am not ready" setting in. I have been getting up at around 6:30 a.m. and study til like 12:00 p.m., about 15 hours a day. Been doing all I can. I would probably reschedule the test if not for the upcoming intern in D.C., so let's study hard and hope for the best. :love:

Members don't see this ad :)
One of my very good friends took the DAT last summer and she told me that she never felt ready, but that's okay because everyone goes through it. I guess the best advice I can give is what she told me: Study until you can safely say you have done everything you possibly could. Now I'm not saying go buy every product out there, but just be thorough. I know for biology it's impossible to feel 100% ready, but my friend said that if you can get through Destroyer twice, then you will do fine on the DATs.

at this point, u just need exposure to problems, as many as possible. you can do it!!!!

I have 2 weeks till my test, and I'm starting to get that familiar feeling like I'm not ready. I have gone through chad's videos and am using his notes as a lot of my studying as I like the way he explains things that will matter for the DAT rather than a textbook. I also have been using Cliffs AP bio book for most of my biology studying, with the Kaplan Blue book as a supplement. Also have been trying to take as many DAT and Math Destroyer tests as I can, as I want to get through destroyer twice.

I plan on going through the answers and making sure I know why they are wrong/right like people have suggested on here. I also have both DAT Achiever and Topscore and will have taken all those tests before my date in 2 weeks. I guess I am just coming here for reassurance/advice on how I should be spending these next 2 weeks. I basically have nothing to do until the test (work is done for now and will have 12+ hours a day to study if need be). I plan on taking the rest of my practice tests, going through my Chad notes, AP bio book, destroyer tests and the roadmaps trying to get everything together in my head for the test.

I did well on all the other sections of the DAT last time I took it besides the science, and I feel like a 2 week load of information and studying will be able to push me over the hump but I just wanted others opinions and reassurance as, like I said, that feeling of "Oh crap I'm not ready" is setting in. Thanks

thanks for all the suggestions and whatnot! but ya I feel like I can just go through the AP book, and Chad's notes as much as I can before now and the test in terms of studying and feel pretty good about it.

But I also am starting to feel like the best way for me, (or whoever) to be the best prepared for the test is to, like someone already suggested, do as many problems as you can. I have both Achiever and Topscore as I stated and will have gone through all of those tests by my test date. Even if I do not score as great as I want on those tests, I feel like going through the problems and the answers will be the best possible study tool, because as we all know, this is the format we are going to be seeing the topics in, rather then a text book. That is also why I feel getting through Destroyer twice, and trying to go through each question and answer before the test will do wonders for me when August 30th rolls around as I will not only be learning the material I need, but also recognizing how I might be seeing it on test day. Thanks again for your responses and good luck!