2 weeks to accept/reject offers

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

liquidsodium

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
N

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I've noticed this rule posted for most schools. Unfortunately, it looks like they start sending out offers at varying times (e.g at least one of mine says the earliest notification of acceptance is Oct 17 while another says Jan 31). Are they really going to make us gamble and accept/reject before receiving all our offers? I can see why they would, but grr..

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Accept an offer. If you get a better one later on, withdraw from the first and accept the new one. Simple as that.

Reactions: 1 user
The traffic rules for MD schools is that you can hold more than one offer until mid-spring (April 30??).
The problem is with DO schools because they give a short window and require a sizable deposit.

Members don't see this ad :)
@Goro has posted many times that DO schools have a much later application cycle. Applying in October is not late for DO whereas a late October app for MDs may be lethal if you're not a high-stat, no-blemishes applicant.

If I were to apply to both MD and DO schools and be hoping for MD, I'd apply really early to MD and later to DO. That way by the time you might get DO interviews you might already have an MD acceptance and won't have to put the DO deposit in. But if your MD cycle isn't fruitful, the DO cycle would be there as a back-up.