2006 Time Magazine Person of the Year

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dienepredent

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So my younger sibling put that he was 2006 Time Magazine's Person of the Year on his resume to try and be funny. He is also still in high school so it is not quite as serious as applying to graduate schools. Even though I think this is hilarious I would never put this on a dental school application. I wouldn't want the schools to reject me because they think I am not taking this seriously. I imagine some would find it funny as well but it's a risk I am not willing to take. Have you ever heard of people doing this before? If so, share stories.

If you don't know, 2006 Time Magazine's Person of the Year is "You."

Members don't see this ad.

Oh my goodness I think that is hilarious!!! No, I do not think I would put that on a dental school application but it would be funny in other contexts.

Reactions: 1 user
It is 2014. That's like eight (+/- 1) years worth of application cycles. It might be new to you, but I heard about this since like ages ago. I am sure it is the same for dental adcom who have been looking at applications for awhile. If you have to ask if it is too gimmicky to put on your application, it probably is.

If you google, "2006 Time Magazine's Person of the Year resume" you will get tons of hit results.

Members don't see this ad :)
It is 2014. That's like eight (+/- 1) years worth of application cycles. It might be new to you, but I heard about this since like ages ago. I am sure it is the same for dental adcom who have been looking at applications for awhile. If you have to ask if it is too gimmicky to put on your application, it probably is.

If you google, "2006 Time Magazine's Person of the Year resume" you will get tons of hit results.
I'm not asking if I should put it on my application, I just thought it was funny. :laugh:

lol gotcha. I thought it was pretty funny at first too, but I got sick of hearing it so much throughout the years : p

I have a fun bit of exploit mitigation code in my resume. I'd post it, but I don't want this place linked to my resume by the google machines. It's just a hint to anyone who's reading it that I actually know what I'm talking about.