2008-2009 Morehouse Secondary Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackDr2b

JESUS DID IT, NOT ME!!!
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know there is a Georgia one but nobody in there is really talking about Morehouse so I decided to start one. Has anybody heard anything from them? God bless.

Members don't see this ad.

Hello, I am an Asian American, would I be really out of place in morehouse?

No, I don't think so. It is considered a Historical Black Medical school but if you have a desire to serve the underserved then I think you would fit in. Their class is majority African American but they welcome anybody who fits their mission statement. God bless.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm currently working on their secondary right now. Anyone have any questions about it?

I received it on July 25th after being verified July 14th.

I'm currently working on their secondary right now. Anyone have any questions about it?

I received it on July 25th after being verified July 14th.

I just wanted to start this thread so we can talk about anything dealing with Morehouse. I was verified on July 24th so maybe I will get it next week or so.

do you want the essay questions so you can start working on it?

There is one long one (typical why did you choose Morehouse and what else would you like the adcom to know about you) and another where it asks you to explain you answers to what type of specialty you wish to pursue, what type of environment you want to practice in, and what size city/location you would like to practice in.

good luck!

do you want the essay questions so you can start working on it?

There is one long one (typical why did you choose Morehouse and what else would you like the adcom to know about you) and another where it asks you to explain you answers to what type of specialty you wish to pursue, what type of environment you want to practice in, and what size city/location you would like to practice in.

good luck!

Thanks Rafa! God bless you!

Hi, just checking on the secondary. Do they send it to your only after you have been verified? Happen to know if they will send it before an MCAT score is released? Thanks and good luck everyone!

I didn't get mine until a couple of weeks after I was verified. Not sure about before the MCAT, but if they don't screen and you have your AMCAS verified, I dont see why they wouldn't send you the secondary.

Good Luck.

So you can get started on it, the one long essay is as follows:
Type a statement setting forth the key motivational factors in your decision to apply to Morehouse and any information about yourself you feel would be of interest to the Committee on Admission in the consideration of your application. Please keep the response to about one page. (You may want to type your answer in a Word Processor while you are off-line and paste your response here)

Just got secondary today. Morehouse seems like a great school. Got two secondaries ahead of this one before i can start to work on it.

Does Morehouse screen for the secondary? The MSAR says that they do, anybody know for sure? God bless.

I just got this secondary today. I think they did screen because it took me a few weeks to get this after I was verified by the AMCAS. Does any one know if this school prefers people interested in working with the inner city populations?

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I believe it's rolling admissions. MSAR says they screen primaries, but it may only be strict for out of staters. I know competition for out-of-state residents is more intense since almost half the seats are reserved for people from Georgia. Also, they tend to choose people who are willing to serve the underserved.

My application was complete August 20th and I received an interview invite Sept 2. It seems like they are reviewing applications pretty quickly, so I would suggest sending the secondary in ASAP!

I believe it's rolling admissions. MSAR says they screen primaries, but it may only be strict for out of staters. I know competition for out-of-state residents is more intense since almost half the seats are reserved for people from Georgia. Also, they tend to choose people who are willing to serve the underserved.

My application was complete August 20th and I received an interview invite Sept 2. It seems like they are reviewing applications pretty quickly, so I would suggest sending the secondary in ASAP!

how does morehouse notify you of an interview? thanks :)

I hope I get an interview. I have been complete for a lil bit so we shall see.How many people have interviews so far and are you in state?

Does Morehouse screen for the secondary? The MSAR says that they do, anybody know for sure? God bless.

Morehouse screens. I know from calling and asking. BlackDr, how did you know you were complete. The status page does not show receipt of LORs..

Morehouse screens. I know from calling and asking. BlackDr, how did you know you were complete. The status page does not show receipt of LORs..

I received an email from them telling that I was.

i just got an interview invite for morehouse! it is scheduled for oct 17th. good luck everyone!

i just got an interview invite for morehouse! it is scheduled for oct 17th. good luck everyone!

Congrats Dr. E!!! Can I ask when you were complete? I was complete on 8/25, maybe I will hear something soon.

Congrats Dr. E!!! Can I ask when you were complete? I was complete on 8/25, maybe I will hear something soon.
thanks! i submitted it on 8/23 so you should be right behind me!
they didnt give me an option on the date to interview-they just said be there on october 17th !
:laugh:

I hope I get an interview. I have been complete for a lil bit so we shall see.How many people have interviews so far and are you in state?

I am from Georgia. I received an email with a pre-scheduled date of Oct 10.

anyone interviewing on october 10th? holla at a schola :p

Congrats on your interview!!! If you don't mind me asking, when were you complete and wen did you receive your invite?

Interviewing on the 10th. God is good. I submitted sec 8/16, complete email yesterday. Don't worry BlackDr, keep praying and God will see you through!

hrmm....i got an email yesterday saying i was complete, and then received an invitation to interview this afternoon while i was at work. i almost screamed at my lab bench. mad quick, right?
and people are right...keep on praying. your time will come! :-D

Interviewing on the 10th. God is good. I submitted sec 8/16, complete email yesterday. Don't worry BlackDr, keep praying and God will see you through!

Thanks Bushytailed! God is good all the time! Im gonna keep on praying and giving Him thanks and praise! When did you get your invite and was it mail or email?

Thanks Bushytailed! God is good all the time! Im gonna keep on praying and giving Him thanks and praise! When did you get your invite and was it mail or email?

I got the interview email today afternoon giving the date/time. Also, the message said that I will get a formal letter in the mail. Maybe you should email the Dean soon...it's never too soon to tell them why you are enthusiastic about the school (in my opinion).

So I submitted my application online and have been told that they have received my letters and secondary. I was wondering if we have to mail in a picture? Or did they ask for one in the online application?? Thank you and best of luck!

I got the word that I'm on a pre-interview hold. Hope you guys fare better than me.

I got the word that I'm on a pre-interview hold. Hope you guys fare better than me.

That sucks!

Did they notify you via e-mail? When were you complete?

how should a hold at morehouse be evaluated? I know each school varies in how strict their "hold" is, so I was just wondering if anyone had a clue?

I also got the Hold email. I feel your pain. At least we weren't rejected! We just have to keep praying and believing. God bless!

I got the hold email two days ago. better than a rejection I suppose.

I just got my secondary today. I will start doing it tomorrow. By the way, do they have a word limit on the essay.
thank you

hey all, I just got an email saying i was on a PRE-INTERVIEW HOLD.

I was complete 9/25 (they were waiting on my new MCAT scores)
Received the HOLD 9/30 in my email.

I'm hoping this is a good thing??? Anybody see previous year's SDN'ers who got put on Hold, yet interviewed later on?

i got that HOLD email too.
Mr.MattOglesby how did you get your PS score to go up? I study and study and it doesnt go up...it actually went down!

hey coffee man,
nice to have a cool crowd of us in the hold group :)
about my PS score...i think i stopped "studying" and decided to start "practicing" more. I felt like I knew all the concepts but since most of my chemistry and physics classes were back in 2001-2003, I didn't have the problem-solving capacities that comes with practice.
Granted, the MCAT is more or less a conceptual test that makes you think, but the PS is STILL gonna make you crunch numbers. I finally found this out after two poor scores! I was just missing the practice questions. Got some PS topic tests and went to town on those for a month straight...and ignored BS/VR studies...hope that helps some.

I just received an interview invite for November 14th @ 10 AM.:)

you are truly Slick, Nick!
congratulations! Do you mind sharing your stats with us? or anything you believe was special about your application that made them want to interview you.

Status
Not open for further replies.