2008-2009 Rosalind Franklin Secondary Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
does anyone know how long is the turn around time to an interview invite after knowing that they passed initial screening and I guess placed in the interview pool.

I got that message on 10/14 but I e-mailed them. So, I probably was placed in the pool like beginning of october.

Members don't see this ad.

Just received an acceptance email! I interviewed October 6th. The school seemed great and I am very excited. Great match rates and above national average board scores.

Congrats!

That makes me sad though because I interviewed before you and haven't heard anything...I really wanted to go there too:(

Members don't see this ad :)
Holy moly!

I checked my e-mail right after I posted that and I got accepted too!!!!!

YAY!!!!!

So do we have to matriculate to CMS if we accept the offer? That is kind of not good.

:) I interviewed on Oct. 7th, and I got the acceptance email today also.

So do we have to matriculate to CMS if we accept the offer? That is kind of not good.

no you dont have to matriculate here if you accept, you just lose the $100 deposit (placeholder fee). Well worth $100 in my opinion even if you choose to go elsewhere. congrats to all though!

I e-mailed CMS to inquire about my status. (I was complete on 9/25.)

After a month, I am still in the review phase. Is this normal??

Thank you.

Even though I'm fighting down my personal feelings of inadequacy since I've yet to hear anything, I'll take this opportunity to congratulate all who got in. :thumbup:

If things work out right, I might be joining you later.

It really depends on when you interview though. If you interviewed before Oct 24 (which, according to a poster on this thread, is the review date) and you didn't hear anything, then you're probably being considered in the next meeting. If you interviewed after Oct 24 (ie. Oct 27 onwards, etc) then you're with the next group as well.

But, what happens if you interviewed ON Oct 24? Were you reviewed in the first meeting or shifted towards the second??

Members don't see this ad :)
When you pay the $100 to save your spot, you are not absolutely agreeing to go there. In fact, if you look at the small asterisk at the bottom of the form, if you withdraw before May 15th, you are refunded the money. Also, if you do matriculate, the money goes towards your tuition. It's really a no lose as long as you decide where you are going before May 15th.

for those of you accepted, was there a note or anything written at the bottom of your letter? i'm curious cause i had a short one and was wondering if it was standard:rolleyes:

What do you mean was there a note??

Oh like a handwritten note??

Yeah, there was. I thought that was a nice touch:)

Yeah, they did that at the bottom of mine too. It's nice. Very personal.

It really depends on when you interview though. If you interviewed before Oct 24 (which, according to a poster on this thread, is the review date) and you didn't hear anything, then you're probably being considered in the next meeting. If you interviewed after Oct 24 (ie. Oct 27 onwards, etc) then you're with the next group as well.

But, what happens if you interviewed ON Oct 24? Were you reviewed in the first meeting or shifted towards the second??

I'm not really sure about this ... I think if you interviewed on Oct 24, then you will be considered during the next meeting because the admissions committee meets at noon on that date, and I don't think they will consider the interviewees on that day (not sure).

The next 2 meetings will be on Nov. 14 and Dec. 12. I haven't had the dates for 2009 meetings yet.

Congrats to everyone who got accepted to CMS ... hopefully you will decide to come here ....

Students don't really have anything to do with the admissions process, other than playing tour guide and fielding questions about being a student here. So, sorry, none of us can probably help you with any information about application evaluations.

My one piece of advice: stop worrying about it, relax and chill out. Once your application is complete, it's pretty much out of your hands until the interview. Why stress yourself out over something you have no control/influence over?

I agree with Aewochinski ... even as M4 representatives in the committee, we can only interview applicants and make recommendations, but we cannot vote during the admissions meeting ...

I don't think I fully understand the admissions process but I have some idea about it (just from 1 training session that I had) ... if I know something, I will post it [if I have time] .....

best wishes to all the applicants ... I hope you will choose CMS if you are accepted ....

I e-mailed CMS to inquire about my status. (I was complete on 9/25.)

After a month, I am still in the review phase. Is this normal??

Thank you.

BUMP

I still have not moved into the smaller pool.

Thank you very much faradayampere. That was very helpful. I have a few questions about the admissions process and I was wondering if you can answer them for me faradayampere..

1) I was wondering if you know the breakdown for how much the interview, GPA/MCAT, activities, etc. are worth post-interview?

2) Also, do you know how many internationals were interviewed and accepted last year ?

3) And I'm assuming Canadians are considered internationals, or do they have their own categories like some other schools ?

Thank you!!!

send me a PM if you have any questions ... won't be able to check on this thread frequently

BUMP

I still have not moved into the smaller pool.

i would say email them, they didn't email me to tell me i was in the small pool either ... but they did email me to tell me about the interview so it doesn't really matter about the small pool i guess

i would say email them, they didn't email me to tell me i was in the small pool either ... but they did email me to tell me about the interview so it doesn't really matter about the small pool i guess

i got this email from RFU:
Your file is complete and has passed the initial screening process. This means you are in the pool of applicants who may be invited to interview with CMS. However, this does not guarantee an invitation and you may be invited to interview or declined an interview at anytime during the admissions process.

is this considered the "smaller pool"? also, any advice on how to possibly increase my chances for an interview after this message ? sweet thanks !

i got this email from RFU:
Your file is complete and has passed the initial screening process. This means you are in the pool of applicants who may be invited to interview with CMS. However, this does not guarantee an invitation and you may be invited to interview or declined an interview at anytime during the admissions process.

is this considered the "smaller pool"? also, any advice on how to possibly increase my chances for an interview after this message ? sweet thanks !

yeah this is small pool!

ok thanks ! i am guessing that's kind of a good thing? has anyone been interviewed from the small pool ? should i be updating them or anything? or just waiting..

ok thanks ! i am guessing that's kind of a good thing? has anyone been interviewed from the small pool ? should i be updating them or anything? or just waiting..

i didn't update them or anything and got an interview invite ... but if you have something special i guess you could update them?

I just got an e-mail this morning saying that my application was put on hold. I'm not quite sure what this means, but I suspect I should be pissed off.

Is this basically the same thing as a waitlist?:confused:

I think it means you'll be reviewed again at the next meeting this month.

For the ppl who were accepted, do you feel it was the interview that was your main strength or your GPA/MCAT?

Congrats to those who have been accepted and good luck to the rest of us...I hope we all go where we want to go

I just got an e-mail this morning saying that my application was put on hold. I'm not quite sure what this means, but I suspect I should be pissed off.

Is this basically the same thing as a waitlist?:confused:

what does your email say exactly, and have you interviewed already?

And are you out-of-state or in-state? Because I think that plays a pretty big factor too....

what does your email say exactly, and have you interviewed already?

Yes, I interviewed late september.

The gist of it is that my application has been placed on hold, a hold means that my application has been neither accepted nor rejected, and they will notify me when things change.

But did they really need to send an e-mail for me to figure this out? I had been assuming all along that I was neither accepted nor rejected. The fact that they're sending an e-mail leads me to conclude that my application has shifted to the bottom of the stack, a lot like being on a waitlist, hence my original question.

I think it means you'll be reviewed again at the next meeting this month.

For the ppl who were accepted, do you feel it was the interview that was your main strength or your GPA/MCAT?

Congrats to those who have been accepted and good luck to the rest of us...I hope we all go where we want to go

My numbers where a little above average for Rosalind, but I was OOS so I would say they are average. I really felt like I nailed this interview, while others I did mediocre at. So yes I think it had an influence. But who can say really?

Yes, I interviewed late september.

The gist of it is that my application has been placed on hold, a hold means that my application has been neither accepted nor rejected, and they will notify me when things change.

But did they really need to send an e-mail for me to figure this out? I had been assuming all along that I was neither accepted nor rejected. The fact that they're sending an e-mail leads me to conclude that my application has shifted to the bottom of the stack, a lot like being on a waitlist, hence my original question.

hmm, hopefully you will get a good decision soon!

Talk about insult to injury:

Mere hours after my application is put on hold, they then send me a spam e-mail talking about the exciting developments at the RFU campus community.:mad:

F U, RFU

Talk about insult to injury:

Mere hours after my application is put on hold, they then send me a spam e-mail talking about the exciting developments at the RFU campus community.:mad:

F U, RFU

oh what email? when did you get it? can you paste it here, if ya dont mind

that does kinda suck tho :( i'm sorry

So, I just got done doing something that would be hilarious if it weren't so infuriating.

Yesterday morning, I receive an e-mail saying my application is put on hold. Per my postings above, I have no idea what this means. (Am I on hold until your next meeting or until May 15?) Their e-mail says, "If you have any further questions about the University or about your application status, please do not hesitate to contact our office." That's a direct quote.

So yes, I have some buring questions as my career goals are kind of on the line right now. I go to my original invitation invite and the numbers are both straight to voicemail. I guess I'll check the admissions site for another number. There is one.

"Thank you for calling RFUMS at CMS. Our phone hours are MWF from 10 to 3 central time..." says the recording.

Crap, it's Tuesday. Flash forward 24 hours, and I call again.

"Thank you for calling RFUMS at CMS. Our phone hours are MWF from 10 to 3 central time," says the same recording.

Good, I'm within the right time window on the right day.

"If you have any questions about the university please check our website, blah blah blah..." the recording continues.

I got this number off of your website. If I wanted to browse your web site I'd be doing that now. Oh well. Just connect me to a real person.

"If you have any questions about your application status, please submit your question via e-mail to blah blah blah"

Again, I want a real person, not an e-mail which will be easily ignored.

"Goodbye."

:confused:

I recieve an e-mail that directs me to their website that gives me a number to a recording which tells me to either check their website again or send another e-mail???

I can't believe I actually want to get into this school!:mad:

Well, I tried calling again, and I was actually able to get through to someone instead of the recording.

The hold just means I get to wait another few months before they make a decision.

So you can ignore my angry rant before, but I hope you enjoyed it!:D

Well, I tried calling again, and I was actually able to get through to someone instead of the recording.

The hold just means I get to wait another few months before they make a decision.

So you can ignore my angry rant before, but I hope you enjoyed it!:D

haha it was good. i was wondering so the hold is like a waitlist right? what number did you call, do you think i could get it i need to try get hold of them too. thanks!

Blues,

I hate to seem like a jerk, but I'm not going to post any e-mails or phone numbers on SDN. I'm not going to PM anyone this info either. It just seems like a breach of privacy. I realize it's info that the school publicizes, but I still feel weird doing it.

Anyway all I did was go to their site, click on prospective students, then "contact us" and the number is yours for the dialing.

Good luck!

Blues,

I hate to seem like a jerk, but I'm not going to post any e-mails or phone numbers on SDN. I'm not going to PM anyone this info either. It just seems like a breach of privacy. I realize it's info that the school publicizes, but I still feel weird doing it.

Anyway all I did was go to their site, click on prospective students, then "contact us" and the number is yours for the dialing.

Good luck!

oh no, i totally get it thanks for the info :) good luck to you

i just called the admissions office and they said that they interview up until MAY. what the heck? that must be a mistake or something. And by the way, after you have been placed in that interview pool, your file gets reviewed continuously on a monthly basis for a decision on an interview.

I received an email on Friday that said my file was incomplete, though I sent in the secondary and LORs in July (and my fee was processed at that time).

Then, I tried emailing the admissions office (using the email address that they post everywhere), but there was a delivery problem with the message.

Anyone else having similar troubles?

I also tried to e-mail them today and got a delivery failure. Maybe just try calling them tomorrow.

I received an email on Friday that said my file was incomplete, though I sent in the secondary and LORs in July (and my fee was processed at that time).

Then, I tried emailing the admissions office (using the email address that they post everywhere), but there was a delivery problem with the message.

Anyone else having similar troubles?

I got that email on Thursday, even though I should have been complete several weeks ago. I replied to them asking exactly what was missing from my app, but no response yet.

What a frustrating school to deal with.

to anyone out there who was accepted....

i got an email from AMCAS on oct 31st saying to be on the lookout for an email about getting a background check. haven't received that email yet. anyone know how long it takes for that email to comE? thanks

I'm pretty sure mine came with an hour or two or getting the AMCAS e-mail. did it go to your junk folder or something?

to anyone out there who was accepted....

i got an email from AMCAS on oct 31st saying to be on the lookout for an email about getting a background check. haven't received that email yet. anyone know how long it takes for that email to comE? thanks

I'm pretty sure mine came with an hour or two or getting the AMCAS e-mail. did it go to your junk folder or something?
nope, not in my spam folder...guess i will have to call the admissions office to see what's up. thanks for the response, podie

I didn't get the email from the screening service yet either, and it definitely didn't go to my junk mail.

Status
Not open for further replies.