2008 ExamKrackers 101 Verbal Passages

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JPSmyth

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am not taking the MCAT until April 2016, but I bought this book to get a head start on verbal reasoning because I figured I would be weak. Is this book still going to be good practice even for the new CARS section?

On my first practice test that I took I got a 31/40, which equates to about a 10 according to the book's conversion chart. This book has 14 full length verbal tests (60 minutes each), so I'm hoping as I go through them my scores slowly increase. I am aiming for a 12-13, or whatever the new equivalent to that is, on the actual exam.

Did the EK books help any of you guys increase your scores?

Members don't see this ad.

EK is a great resource for verbal. Have you read their CARS practice book?

I would like to emphasize that while they are great, they exams aren't representative because they're only 40 questions at 1 hour... you need to make sure you practice by other means for CARS as well.

I'm a big fan of TPR CARS. Next Step who I also have is exceedingly difficult and I'm not too much a fan (very nit picky questions that I don't feel are reflective of the real thing).

Be sure to buy the AAMC question pack for more CARS practice.

I am taking the Kaplan prep course in December and studying from December to April. Should I be good with the Kaplan CARS practice?