2009-2010 Albert Einstein College of Medicine (AECOM) Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

shemarty

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Prompts

No formal essay but mini essays for the following questions:

If you check "Yes" for any of the following, you will be provided a text box so that you may provide a detailed response.

I have taken time off between high school and college

I have taken time off during my undergraduate years

I have taken off at least a year since college graduation

I plan to take off this year, after just having graduated, while I make application to medical school

I have applied to medical school previously

I have submitted an AMCAS application to Einstein previously (Please keep in mind that if you completed two prior applications, you are ineligible for reapplication.)

I am presently enrolled in the Sue Golding Graduate Division

I am presently enrolled as an undergraduate student at Yeshiva University

I had been accepted to medical school previously but chose not to matriculate

I had been enrolled previously in a medical school

I have not completed the pre-medical requirements

I will not have a Baccalaureate Degree at the time I matriculate in medical school

I am presently holding a deferred enrollment to a medical / professional school

I have received a grade of "F" during my college / graduate school years

I have been subject to a disciplinary action while in school

I have disciplinary charges pending

I have been convicted of a crime other than a minor traffic violation

I expect that there will be criminal charges brought against me which are now pending

I have been prohibited or suspended from practicing in a professional capacity due to or as a result of alleged misconduct

LOR Reqs

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
yay bronx!

looks like the secondary will be up and running in july. btw, i like how they encourage applicants to look at and think about the average GPA and MCAT of previous classes. nice. :p

Members don't see this ad :)
Yours is scaring me DW2158 :(
lol i stopped checking mdapps on sdn its too damn depressing, its like only the best of the best applicants post on sdn, where all my average peeps at:smuggrin:. Guess its just me :(

lol i stopped checking mdapps on sdn its too damn depressing, its like only the best of the best applicants post on sdn, where all my average peeps at:smuggrin:. Guess its just me :(
me too! I'm average :(

lol yay for us :highfive:. SDN must attract only academic robots i swear, feel so out of place
hey at least you have a cool story/background... I'm literally average lol

but lots of luck to all of us average kids:luck:

oh, please. my stats aren't *that* much better than any of yours. we all have a decent shot! :luck:

hey at least you have a cool story/background... I'm literally average lol

but lots of luck to all of us average kids:luck:
haha yah but i doubt that will take me that far, id much rather be a boring white kid from a surburban neighborhood but with a 3.9 and 36 mcat.

Last edited:
So they require a letter from a prof. in your major?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey What's up everyone?

I was wondering--I went to several different universities to get my pre-reqs, and I'm not sure if Albert Einstein needs a committee letter from each one.

Does anyone know?

Thanks, and good luck!:xf:

Hey What's up everyone?

I was wondering--I went to several different universities to get my pre-reqs, and I'm not sure if Albert Einstein needs a committee letter from each one.

Does anyone know?

Thanks, and good luck!:xf:

no one has multiple committee letters, I dont understand what you are really saying.......your university will compile your lors and then write one committee letter....

So I couldn't find Einstein's pre-req's anywhere on their website, and I saw on the school selection spreadsheet that they require at least 4 credits of Biochem (lecture and lab). Is this for real? I have 3 credits of Biochem...I wonder if 1 credit will really keep me from applying there...

So I couldn't find Einstein's pre-req's anywhere on their website, and I saw on the school selection spreadsheet that they require at least 4 credits of Biochem (lecture and lab). Is this for real? I have 3 credits of Biochem...I wonder if 1 credit will really keep me from applying there...

I doubt it; I think they want you to take 1 course. At some uni 1 course in bio chem = 3 cred, at some = 4 credits. As long as you have a course in biochem you should be fine.

Disgusting. The secondary app fee is $120.

I thought average was ~$75?

was trying to be nice :(

but seriously, we all have stuff that makes us unique, and people like ksmi and me are praying for acceptances just like everyone else. because everyone has something to offer.

You haven't received an e-mail from them about their secondary right?

I think you can pay before hand. On the secondary, theres a place to write some sort of code they give you after payment. They wont look at the secondary unless it has that code confirming payment.

You haven't received an e-mail from them about their secondary right?

I haven't but like Elijah stated, you are allowed to make payment anytime. There is a payment code sent to you from GWU which you put on the application.

I haven't but like Elijah stated, you are allowed to make payment anytime. There is a payment code sent to you from GWU which you put on the application.

I think I'm going to wait until they send me an email. It feels weird making a payment when they haven't even acknowledged my app yet.:laugh:

I think I'm going to wait until they send me an email. It feels weird making a payment when they haven't even acknowledged my app yet.:laugh:

Hmm, my over-zealousness seems to have paid off - when I submitted the "$125", they just charged me $1 :D

...or maybe I'll find out I've wasted $1 when they disregard the payment...

(anyone else had this happen to them...??)

link and prompts for y'all (i'll PM the mods):

https://www.aecom.yu.edu/admissions/admissionApplication.asp

If you check "Yes" for any of the following, you will be provided a text box so that you may provide a detailed response.

I have taken time off between high school and college

I have taken time off during my undergraduate years

I have taken off at least a year since college graduation

I plan to take off this year, after just having graduated, while I make application to medical school

I have applied to medical school previously

I have submitted an AMCAS application to Einstein previously (Please keep in mind that if you completed two prior applications, you are ineligible for reapplication.)

I am presently enrolled in the Sue Golding Graduate Division

I am presently enrolled as an undergraduate student at Yeshiva University

I had been accepted to medical school previously but chose not to matriculate

I had been enrolled previously in a medical school

I have not completed the pre-medical requirements

I will not have a Baccalaureate Degree at the time I matriculate in medical school

I am presently holding a deferred enrollment to a medical / professional school

I have received a grade of "F" during my college / graduate school years

I have been subject to a disciplinary action while in school

I have disciplinary charges pending

I have been convicted of a crime other than a minor traffic violation

I expect that there will be criminal charges brought against me which are now pending

I have been prohibited or suspended from practicing in a professional capacity due to or as a result of alleged misconduct

holy buckets, that was a lot of copying and pasting. love me, or else. :p

Reactions: 1 user
sweet no essays! again. Are you sure thats this years? At the bottom it says "THIS FORM AND ALL SUPPORTING DOCUMENTATION MUST BE POSTMARKED NOT LATER THAN MARCH 15, 2009"

that would imply to me at least it was last years...granted that the questions are probably the same but im just curious. Did they send you an email?

Last edited:
sweet no essays! again. Are you sure thats this years? At the bottom it says "THIS FORM AND ALL SUPPORTING DOCUMENTATION MUST BE POSTMARKED NOT LATER THAN MARCH 15, 2009"

that would imply to me at least it was last years...granted that the questions are probably the same but im just curious. Did they send you an email?

hahahahaha i'm an idiot. i even checked for that! and i was like, yeah 2009, that's this year. :smack:

hahahahaha i'm an idiot. i even checked for that! and i was like, yeah 2009, that's this year. :smack:
LOL...its ok. There is probably a 100% chance it will be the same. The past 2 years its been these questions...though i did fill it out...wasted like an hr :(.

Lets just say you are sick thats why you didnt notice :p

LOL...its ok. There is probably a 100% chance it will be the same. The past 2 years its been these questions...though i did fill it out...wasted like an hr :(.

Lets just say you are sick thats why you didnt notice :p
It is for this cycle; the first option is "Deferred Admissions from 2009 class". Probably, the date at the end was not updated or overlooked.

It is for this cycle; the first option is "Deferred Admissions from 2009 class". Probably, the date at the end was not updated or overlooked.
I saw that too...im just going to wait until I get the actual email from aecom to fill it out.

Just in case some of you were planning to turn this in soon, I would recommend waiting. They 'request' students to not submit the secondary until they get an official email from Einstein. Did anyone here get one already?

Just in case some of you were planning to turn this in soon, I would recommend waiting. They 'request' students to not submit the secondary until they get an official email from Einstein. Did anyone here get one already?
Doh! I'm soo stupid!
I didn't see any of the 2009 thing and I already filled it out and paid!:smack:

Eesh, have to call them tomorrow and hope they didn't completely just disregard that... and can't wait to call bc their office is oh so friendly :rolleyes:(note the sarcasm)

3.4 gpa
29 mcat
C in orgo and C in physics I (I took too many credits that semester and summer)

all who think I should save my money - say Aye.

???

are some of you honestly sending this in BEFORE you get an official email/invite??

are some of you honestly sending this in BEFORE you get an official email/invite??

no, i don't think that's such a good idea... website says specifically not to.

anyone wanna help me out with this decision?

to possibly lose 31 dollars... or around 150.... :confused:

depends on your stats i guess haha, but as a bonus to losing 150, no essays!

and i would strongly advise people who are sending in secondaries before receiving official invites to NOT do it, not just to Einstein but any school

No one can tell you with out litearlly looking at your entire amcas primary application. On paper a 3.4 and a 29 mcat isnt going to help and it would seem its going to be hard to get in this cycle as your gpa is far below average and your mcat is slightly below average. That being said there are hundreds each year like you who are accepted. Dont listen to much to what random pre meds who do not know your situation. GPA and MCAT wise things dont look good...but you may have other things going for you such as upward trends, adversity you have had to overcome, URM status, ECs, good essays, or an overall interesting story and path you have had in your life. You never know who will get in and wont, so if you are interested in aecom go for it. Its not like they dont accept people with 29 mcats.

3.4 gpa
29 mcat
C in orgo and C in physics I (I took too many credits that semester and summer)

all who think I should save my money - say Aye.

???

my GPA sucks too man... we'll see. im still gonna apply because the median range reported in MSAR for accepted students is ok.

DO NOT SUBMIT UNTIL INVITED

Like I mentioned earlier (although no one seemed to notice :( lol )
I was stupid enough to submit payment and all before I noticed the application said 2009 and I just got a call from the admissions people that "you are so stupid" (well not verbatim).

Good news for you: the fee is actually going down bc the lady said I will be getting a refund.

Bad news for me: we have an outgoing mail thing at my house and I got the call from the admissions office while at work and didn't have a chance to tell my mom to not send it out. Now they are going to get a paper secondary from me too after they told me SEVERAL times to not submit.... I would be insanely surprised if i got an interview now as if my chances weren't slim enough... F.M.L.

DO NOT SUBMIT UNTIL INVITED

Like I mentioned earlier (although no one seemed to notice :( lol )
I was stupid enough to submit payment and all before I noticed the application said 2009 and I just got a call from the admissions people that "you are so stupid" (well not verbatim).

Good news for you: the fee is actually going down bc the lady said I will be getting a refund.

Bad news for me: we have an outgoing mail thing at my house and I got the call from the admissions office while at work and didn't have a chance to tell my mom to not send it out. Now they are going to get a paper secondary from me too after they told me SEVERAL times to not submit.... I would be insanely surprised if i got an interview now as if my chances weren't slim enough... F.M.L.

oh man that sucks...well i guess on the bright side...we applied to so many there are multiple other chances:)...though i know its probably hard to think that right now. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.