2009-2010 Albert Einstein College of Medicine (AECOM) Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interview invite this morning :D

Complete 8/24, so there's definitely still hope for those who submitted in August and are still waiting!

Members don't see this ad.

I got the COMPLETE email today.... after submitting everything in mid August.

:lame:

Members don't see this ad :)
I got the COMPLETE email today.... after submitting everything in mid August.

:lame:

Is it this email?

You have successfully completed the Secondary Application

Thank You for your interest in Albert Einstein College of Medicine.

Follow the link below to view a printable version of your application.

I've talked to the admissions office and they TOLD me I'm complete, but I never got an email after this one...

Just got the complete email too... after like two months. Yup, this is exactly why I paid them $120. So they can use my application as a coaster for 8 weeks after which they finally realize, "Hey, wait a minute, this is an acutal application."

The most expensive application fee, the slowest admissions office.

What I don't understand is, WHY DOES IT TAKE TWO MONTHS TO MARK A DAMN APPLICATION COMPLETE? SERIOUSLY? THIS IS NOT ROCKET SCIENCE. It takes like five minutes to check if an applicant has everything in: application, recommendation letters, money. THAT'S IT.

Just got the complete email too... after like two months. Yup, this is exactly why I paid them $120. So they can use my application as a coaster for 8 weeks after which they finally realize, "Hey, wait a minute, this is an acutal application."

The most expensive application fee, the slowest admissions office.

What I don't understand is, WHY DOES IT TAKE TWO MONTHS TO MARK A DAMN APPLICATION COMPLETE? SERIOUSLY? THIS IS NOT ROCKET SCIENCE. It takes like five minutes to check if an applicant has everything in: application, recommendation letters, money. THAT'S IT.

Same here. Submitted 9/01. Complete 11/02

Is it this email?

No... I received this:

We are happy to inform you that your application to the Albert Einstein College of Medicine is complete, and will be reviewed by the Admissions Committee.

If you have applied to the combined M.D./Ph.D. Program, you will be contacted directly by that Office.

If your application is favorably reviewed during a preliminary screening, you will be invited for an interview via email. We would appreciate your not calling the office to ascertain the disposition of your folder.

We thank you again for your interest in the Albert Einstein College of Medicine, and wish you much success.

I hope there is a quick turn around (whether it be an interview/hold/rejection)

No... I received this:

We are happy to inform you that your application to the Albert Einstein College of Medicine is complete, and will be reviewed by the Admissions Committee.

If you have applied to the combined M.D./Ph.D. Program, you will be contacted directly by that Office.

If your application is favorably reviewed during a preliminary screening, you will be invited for an interview via email. We would appreciate your not calling the office to ascertain the disposition of your folder.

We thank you again for your interest in the Albert Einstein College of Medicine, and wish you much success.

Nice username Zona

No... I received this:

When did you guys submit? I'm still waiting to hear back, and I submitted 9/10. I think I read a few pages ago that interviews are extended pretty quick (2 weeks) after the completion status. As for rejections/holds I have no idea.

When did you guys submit? I'm still waiting to hear back, and I submitted 9/10. I think I read a few pages ago that interviews are extended pretty quick (2 weeks) after the completion status. As for rejections/holds I have no idea.

I just got an interview today and I've been complete since the end of August...so no, they are not necessarily given out quickly at all...

No... I received this:

hmmm, i submitted after you and got this email within 10 days (sent in early sept, complete mid sept). haven't heard anything since. i'm not complaining at all about the quick complete date, but just remarking about how this whole process is so completely strange and random.

invite this morning as well. Submitted 8/11, complete 9/2, OOS
Good luck to everyone still waiting to hear back

Members don't see this ad :)
i meant for ppl that just got the invite

I requested a date in December and I got this email in response:

Dear Applicant:
All of our interview appointments are reserved through December. We have openings starting with January 11th.
Thank you.

I havent heard from them even though I was complete in August. With their interviews packed till mid Jan, can safely say that it would be hard to get a chance here anymore.

I havent heard from them even though I was complete in August. With their interviews packed till mid Jan, can safely say that it would be hard to get a chance here anymore.

I'm in the same boat. Been complete forever here (even sent an in the area e-mail when I was in NYC for other interviews), and no love.

i been complete since 9/15. not lookin good i guess. they seem so slow yet they're already booked til jan? weeird.:thumbdown:

I got an email today that they wanted letters submitted on official letterhead
seriously??

seriously??

You don't know that LORs need to be on letterhead for all schools? I thought everyone knew that...

Not all schools have this specific requirement. I sent out a letter of rec not on letterhead from an instructor to basically every school on my list (I think it was her first recommendation). To my knowledge, only two of the approximately 30 schools require letters on official letterhead - AE and Boston. I am currently in the process of fixing this issue.

Not all schools have this specific requirement. I sent out a letter of rec not on letterhead from an instructor to basically every school on my list (I think it was her first recommendation). To my knowledge, only two of the approximately 30 schools require letters on official letterhead - AE and Boston. I am currently in the process of fixing this issue.

If it makes you feel better, I didn't know about the requirement either. Luckily my premed committee required this so it was taken care ahead of time.

I think Cornell also requires letterhead...

I had to fix the problem.

you guys think you've been waiting long...I've been complete since July 16th without a peep from them.

I just got my complete email, submitted 9/10. Now hopefully they give me an interview!

anyone know if there are decent hotels near AECOM to stay at?

By 'near' do you mean walking distance? No. There is nothing around the school.

But if you mean maybe 10 or so minutes by car, then I recommend the Econo Lodge Bronx, a few miles north in a perfectly safe neighborhood. If you have your own car, there is parking at the motel, and there is convenient parking at AECOM in the garage next to the student dorms.

I would avoid going to the west of AECOM along the Cross Bronx Expwy - there is a HoJo near Yankee Stadium, and a few others, but that traffic is wicked.

Last edited:

ah, so you decided to go to the interview! good luck :luck:

as far as hotels, there's nothing immediately near the school. but you can easily stay in other part of the bronx and be just a cheap cab ride (or bus/subway if you're brave) away from campus. i second flip's idea about the econo lodge.

ah, so you decided to go to the interview! good luck :luck:

as far as hotels, there's nothing immediately near the school. but you can easily stay in other part of the bronx and be just a cheap cab ride (or bus/subway if you're brave) away from campus. i second flip's idea about the econo lodge.

Try and arrange student hosting if you can. It's on-campus and just a jump, skip, hop away from the admissions office.

Will the majority of people who interviewed before January 15th hear of a decision on this date? For example, I interviewed in mid-September, so will I most likely hear of a decision on January 15th?

Will the majority of people who interviewed before January 15th hear of a decision on this date? For example, I interviewed in mid-September, so will I most likely hear of a decision on January 15th?

Yeah, I think anyone who interviews in fall 09 hears back ~Jan 15th and anyone who interviews spring 10 hears some time in April. I interviewed in Oct and it just seems like a really long time until Jan 15th :p

seriously??
I got the same email and they are claiming that they have not received one of my letters... Every other school has received it and it is marked received by AMCAS. Not sure what to do at this point. I feel bad asking my professor to resend the letter.

I got the same email and they are claiming that they have not received one of my letters... Every other school has received it and it is marked received by AMCAS. Not sure what to do at this point. I feel bad asking my professor to resend the letter.

Why would you need to ask the prof to resend?

Did AMCAS confirm that it had been delivered to AECOM? Get that time stamp and call AECOM.

Or ask AMCAS to resend it to AECOM, and then follow up with a phone call to see if they got it.

Why would you need to ask the prof to resend?

Did AMCAS confirm that it had been delivered to AECOM? Get that time stamp and call AECOM.

Or ask AMCAS to resend it to AECOM, and then follow up with a phone call to see if they got it.
I need to ask my professor to resend the letter on official letterhead. As for the other letter (which was optional to begin with), I will definitely take your advice and see what's going on with AMCAS. Thanks!

Wow, finally got my complete e-mail after two months.

Hah yeah, I got the complete email just now. I thought I'd been complete this whole time...

Figured my first post ever on SDN should be a positive one. Good news for people with stats like mine, who typically see 3.9s and 38s and freak out for the entire interview season.

GPA 3.54
MCAT 30Q (10 10 10)

Maybe I'll make an mdapps someday. Maybe. Don't push me. Or do. Actually, that sounds fun. Push me.

Figured my first post ever on SDN should be a positive one. Good news for people with stats like mine, who typically see 3.9s and 38s and freak out for the entire interview season.

GPA 3.54
MCAT 30Q (10 10 10)

Maybe I'll make an mdapps someday. Maybe. Don't push me. Or do. Actually, that sounds fun. Push me.
I dare you...

Hah yeah, I got the complete email just now. I thought I'd been complete this whole time...
I wonder if the entire school is this slow/backward. Still waiting on my complete email.

so is einstein still shuffeling back form july or are we early apps pretty much done here?! i reaaaaally wanna visit NY and would love an interview to be the reason for my visit :xf::xf:

I completed 2' back in Sept and didn't wait-I asked for a complete email and they sent me the same one Zona got.

Why won't you call? :(

Status
Not open for further replies.