2009-2010 Jefferson Medical College Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

shemarty

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
PROMPT

If there is any additional information you would like to provide please include it in the box below. (500 character limit)

LOR REQUIREMENT

1 bio, 1 chem, 1 physics, and 1 humanities.

They are flexible on LOR reqs. In general, it's 3 science and one non science or a committee letter.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hello All,

Jefferson has such a great program and is definitely my number 1 so hopefully I get a shot. Good Luck everyone!!!!:luck:

Hello All,

Jefferson has such a great program and is definitely my number 1 so hopefully I get a shot. Good Luck everyone!!!!:luck:

I agree, Jeff is my #1 as well. Best of luck to everyone!

Members don't see this ad :)
seems like a great school but their website is lacking. anyone know what the deal with the secondary is?

EDIT: just kidding, here we go!

Last edited:
Woot jefferson ! :). Another school i know nothing about but just applied, i guess thats what interview days are for lol

They ask for SAT scores? They also only give space for Verbal and Math. When I took the SAT there were 3 sections..

Do you think it is bad if I don't fill out the optional section?

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah idk about the optional section either...it isn't asking anything specific so I wonder what they would possibly be looking for. Anyone have any thoughts?

the section is only 500 characters so they would only be looking for a really small statement so maybe they are looking for reasons for poor grades etc.

haha wow nearly the whole page is blank because I have no connection to the school and I don't really know what they are looking for in the optional section either. Anyone else feeling the same way?

this is only if you did an early acceptance program through your undergrad, right?

i took the SAT twice. first time, got a higher math score than the second, but got a higher verbal score the second time. do i put the highest of each section, or the most recent scores?

my "secondary" is also rather blank so same boat

They ask for SAT scores? They also only give space for Verbal and Math. When I took the SAT there were 3 sections..
ummm do you have to put sat scores...i dont know and i dont think its easy to find out...not to mention they are realllllllllly bad as i took the test blindly and i didnt even go to college after hs....

k.. how come i cant find the link to the secondary application to put in my id and pw.. can someone post it

it says in the secondary you have to go to the admissions tab to find the online link.

so no essays i guess?

Yeah, no idea what to put, and no connection to the school at all....

$80 and a nearly blank form.

Might fill in the 500 place with why I am interested in the school since I have no connection to the area and obviously that is important to them.

short and simple. nice!

SAT scores were completely random. then again... my college's pre-med committee also asked for them. i wonder why it matters.

Sad, where's mine??

Also I love your dachshund (and really all dachshunds)... I have a smooth red too!!

thanks! technically its a picture of another dachshund, but it looks just like mine except a little skinnier. i actually have two wiener dogs, the other is its sibling, a black and tan...ahem....yeah so anyway...how about that jefferson med school huh?

Any ideas on use of those 500 chars.??

i am having trouble with this secondary. where is this "apply online" button on the link given?!

top right of the page. So is everyone leaving the optional one out? I really don't know what they would want from it.

i feel so freakin challenged right now... on the top right of my page all i see is

blank_5x5.gif
Employment | Contact Us | Search | News

under that is the search bar

under that is the college of health science navi.

under that is nothing...

sigh where is this magic "apply online" button

My (new) stepfather went to Jefferson... do you think I should put this under the relative section?

submitted.

i didn't put anything under the optional essay.

there goes $80

i feel so freakin challenged right now... on the top right of my page all i see is

blank_5x5.gif

under that is nothing...

Right under where it says JMC Admissions. It's in a box with a picture of a mouse.

details on why?

or how (other than checking the status page)

blank_5x5.gif

under that is nothing...

It's right above the picture of the building.

I'm using the additional information box to explain why they won't be getting a Physics LOR from me.

Last edited:
I'm using the additional information box to explain why they won't be getting a Physics LOR from me.

Oops, I already submitted...my LOR are all bio or bio-related and humanities. Oh well. It did say get one from chem, physics, bio if possible...

wow that took <1 min to fill out....why cant all secondaries be so win :smuggrin:

wow that took <1 min to fill out....why cant all secondaries be so win :smuggrin:

i know...i am trying to do chicago's secondary right now and was so happy to be done with jefferson so quickly!

Chicago's secondary is so tough compared to this one.

details on why?

or how (other than checking the status page)
I agree with Bacchus. Last time I applied Jefferson was out of touch and did not mark me as complete for a month after every other school did. I finally called and told the guy my name, he put me on hold, came back on the line 10 min later and said everything's in my file and that he'll mark me as complete.

In this game when y'all are freaking out about days or weeks, a month obviously makes a difference.

Also if you look at last years thread, youll see a lot of people sent frequent update letters and such and often ended up off the waitlist/accepted. I think jeff is one of those schools that wants a lot of contact (but not too much to be annoying) to show interest. Though im sure bacchus will clarify :)

If you don't have anything to update, is there anything else you can send instead? Maybe a please accept me letter? lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.