2009-2010 UMDNJ-RWJMS Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
for anyone who has an interview coming up, just relax. very laid back, nice people. low stress experience overall. and i have to say my student interviewer was the most gorgeous 4th year med student i've ever seen in my life. she was HOT lol i had to let it be known ;)

Members don't see this ad.

Glad to see this school is still alive. Invite here too. Complete 8/6.

Members don't see this ad :)
anyone know how likely it is to get an invite for njms and not rwj. cuz i got an invite for umdnj on 9/4, but havent heard from rwj since i mailed them my check ...

How long did it take for most of you before you received a complete email from NJMS? I submitted the secondary 1.5 weeks ago? Any one has an answer?

hey guys i submitted my primary to amcas about a week ago and havent heard anything about secondaries from robert wood or njms. how long did it take you guys to get emails back about submitting a secondary? do they send secondaries to everyone? please let me know, thanks.

Have heard nothing from this school.. kinda worries me!

How long did it take for most of you before you received a complete email from NJMS? I submitted the secondary 1.5 weeks ago? Any one has an answer?

My recommendation got to AMCAS on sept. 14. I got a complete email from them the following day (sept 15). Not to worry though, you can always call them.

hey guys i submitted my primary to amcas about a week ago and havent heard anything about secondaries from robert wood or njms. how long did it take you guys to get emails back about submitting a secondary? do they send secondaries to everyone? please let me know, thanks.
everyone does get a secondary from both those schools. I think i got mine 2 weeks after primary apps. I sent my primary end of july and got secondaries mid august.

anyone know how likely it is to get an invite for njms and not rwj. cuz i got an invite for umdnj on 9/4, but havent heard from rwj since i mailed them my check ...

I got a NJMS invite 3 days after completion. RWJ took 4 weeks.

This probably means RWJ started a little late, not that they are slow processors.

Have any OOS gotten interview? I think I sent my application in late august?

Members don't see this ad :)
What's the latest interview date where an interviewee can be expected to hear by Oct. 15?

Anyone complete around September 1st hear back from RWJ? Interview invites, rejections, anything?

I haven't heard anything at all and it's been over a month.

What's the latest interview date where an interviewee can be expected to hear by Oct. 15?

If it's anything like NJMS, the date has already passed. I interviewed up there on Monday and they said I could hear anytime between Oct 15th and the end of the month...not too specific :/ My guess would be the last week in Sept?

Anyone complete around September 1st hear back from RWJ? Interview invites, rejections, anything?

I haven't heard anything at all and it's been over a month.

I hear RWJ is much slower than NJMS. I was complete at both as early as possible and just got and interview at NJMS. Therefore, I don't even expect to hear word from RWJ for a few more weeks. Plus, there are tons of applications they have to sort through and yours can be at the top, middle, or bottom of the pile - you just never know :/

I hear RWJ is much slower than NJMS. I was complete at both as early as possible and just got and interview at NJMS. Therefore, I don't even expect to hear word from RWJ for a few more weeks. Plus, there are tons of applications they have to sort through and yours can be at the top, middle, or bottom of the pile - you just never know :/

same.

my suggestion is to either stop working or send an update letter/call them.

do what makes you feel better and have less regrets. decisions will be made soon and i hope it all works out for you:luck:

Waiting makes me anxious

Last edited:
If it's anything like NJMS, the date has already passed. I interviewed up there on Monday and they said I could hear anytime between Oct 15th and the end of the month...not too specific :/ My guess would be the last week in Sept?

I interviewed last week in Sept, exactly a week before you did. So I guess I should be expecting some sort of decision soon.

Been complete since first week of August.. instate.. Assume silent rejection?

Been complete since first week of August.. instate.. Assume silent rejection?

I was complete around the last week of August and when I called them like a week ago they said they hadn't even begun reviewing my application yet. So yeah, they're slow. Like really, really, crazy slow. At least that's the feeling I get.

No essays for their secondary?

just got waitlisted by snail mail. 4.0/34mcat. geez didn't think the interview went that bad :confused:

just got waitlisted by snail mail. 4.0/34mcat. geez didn't think the interview went that bad :confused:

When was your application complete? About how long did they take to get back to you with an interview invite?

hmm let me think....complete around 8/2 or 8/3 invite about a month later on 9/8..decision today

accepted by email and phone call on 10/15....interviewed first week of september...good luck to everyone !!

I was complete 09/21, still waiting...:scared: Do they send interview invite by email or regular mail?:confused:

I was complete 09/21, still waiting...:scared: Do they send interview invite by email or regular mail?:confused:

E-mail. Everything is e-mail here, interview invitation via e-mail, acceptance via e-mail (+ phone i guess), acceptance PACKAGE via e-mail.

i was complete end of Aug and still hadn't heard anything as of last week so I called. I was told that my app was put on hold for re-review in November. No email updates about anything though.

I called on Friday - the answer was "no decision made", whatever it means :confused:

Accepted via phone call today! Apparently the admissions committee just met today. I interviewed about a month ago.

Any OOS people getting invites lately?

Just got an interview invite yesterday. I was complete ~2 months ago. I'm IS, and i've shown strong interest in wanting to attend RWJMS for over 2 years :) I was a little worried I hadn't heard back so I sent them an update email, and then a chaser email to make sure they got it. I got a reply back finally - looks like they are a little backed up, and my interview invite was on it's way. And it finally arrived a week and a half later :)

Moral of the story? Send updates if you have 'em and make sure they got them (looks like they don't automatically send out confirmation that they received the update).

Anyone else interviewing on nov 19th?

Just got an interview invite yesterday. I was complete ~2 months ago. I'm IS, and i've shown strong interest in wanting to attend RWJMS for over 2 years :) I was a little worried I hadn't heard back so I sent them an update email, and then a chaser email to make sure they got it. I got a reply back finally - looks like they are a little backed up, and my interview invite was on it's way. And it finally arrived a week and a half later :)

Moral of the story? Send updates if you have 'em and make sure they got them (looks like they don't automatically send out confirmation that they received the update).

Anyone else interviewing on nov 19th?
Do they send a "complete" email? How do you guys know when you are complete?

I called them to ask what was going on and they said that my application was on hold for re-review 'sometime later'. Could they be more vague?

They will probably look at it again in the spring. They could have at least let you know beforehand. Sorry, man.

They send you a complete email.
Okay, should I be concerned? They cashed my check on Sept 1? I don't want to call if they are just slow but that was a while ago and it clearly got to them on time?

Okay, should I be concerned? They cashed my check on Sept 1? I don't want to call if they are just slow but that was a while ago and it clearly got to them on time?

Yeah, you should call them.

yah i jsut called... and i have no desicion made yet... so not on hold but i been complete since august

FINALLY! an interview invite here! complete way back in 7/16. i was sure that they looked me over. have some hope, people.

FINALLY! an interview invite here! complete way back in 7/16. i was sure that they looked me over. have some hope, people.

Did u get an email from them?
Congrats!

yeah an e-mail right before 4PM today. they have interview dates available as early as november 11th, so i don't think that they've given out too many interviews so far.

I was complete really late, hope I can get an interview.

Status
Not open for further replies.