2009-2010 UMDNJ-RWJMS Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's legit stuff, not bull****.

Members don't see this ad.

I was complete on 9/22 and no word for over a month...

Decided to call them yesterday to see what was up and they said that they were backed up about a month +/- a few weeks...

After I called, I received and interview invitation the next day (Today) at 1pm.

So i guess the moral is...if its been less than 5-6 weeks, don't worry too much because that about how long they are behind.

If its been over 6 weeks, maybe a short and polite phone call could help your case...

WOOSAAAAAAHHH everyone WOOOOOSSSAAAAHHHH:luck:

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm OOS complete 9/21 as well, just called - they said they are working on IS applications right now and that my application will be under review shortly (means nobody looked at it yet:annoyed:)

complete 8/18 and was asked for a copy of my transcript for the fall! has anyone else had this happen? when i called to make sure they received it she said that this means they will be reviewing my app "very shortly" ahhhhh!

complete 8/18 and was asked for a copy of my transcript for the fall! has anyone else had this happen? when i called to make sure they received it she said that this means they will be reviewing my app "very shortly" ahhhhh!

I hope they don't for me, my fall grades are trash. Are you IS or OOS?

This happened to me.. but my fall semester isn't done yet...

wish they gave me SOMETHING... i called and jsut got the "review shortly" response

I hope they don't for me, my fall grades are trash. Are you IS or OOS?

IS

This happened to me.. but my fall semester isn't done yet...

right, no grades yet! maybe just to confirm that we're registered? but i won't get any grades for the ONE class i'm enrolled in until may anyways as it is research credit toward my thesis! i wrote a little note explaining this when i sent in the transcript.... let's hope we all get good news soon!

IS

right, no grades yet! maybe just to confirm that we're registered? but i won't get any grades for the ONE class i'm enrolled in until may anyways as it is research credit toward my thesis! i wrote a little note explaining this when i sent in the transcript.... let's hope we all get good news soon!

Oh.. This is exactly what the e-mail asked of me:

Dear Chiron3x,

The Admissions Committee at RWJMS requests a copy of your fall semester grades when
they become available. You may send us an unoffiical copy via email if that is more
convenient for you.

Admissions Officer

I guess transcript =/= semester grades...?

They haven't asked me for fall grades. Wonder what that means. I guess I'm rejected. They can at least let me know!

If they asking fall grade, isn' that to be too late for processing? Is it worth to send them as it will not be available until Dec!!! Did anyone called and verified !!!!!

They havn't ask me yet!!! Will see!!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
just interviewed here and felt iffy about the interview itself... i got some ethical questions, which i thought i answered pretty well, but then the interviewer kept on pushing for more out of me. hopefully the interviewer had a better impression of the whole thing.

i also really wish that the school did the tour and lunch on the same day as the interview. i probably won't be able to do the orientation until the end of december after i'm done with finals and when i get back home to jersey... i hope that doesn't look too bad =/

good luck to everyone!

Did anyone else get the acceptance call from Dr. Terregino last night?! By "got" I mean I missed it, but she left a really nice voicemail! :)

Booo. I so want an interview from them. I mean, they are "my" hospital and I do live literally up the street. I hate feeling neglected! lol

Hi guys!
Does anyone know the numbers for RWJ -- how many apply, how many get interviewed, etc.? Gracias!!!

Sunshining,
Fall 2007 Admissions Statistics Total admissions data 3551 applied, 515 interviewed, 354 were accepted, 166 enrolled In-state admissions data 1211 applied, 418 interviewed, 289 were accepted, 142 enrolled Out-state admissions data 2340 applied, 97 interviewed, 65 were accepted, 24 enrolled Women admissions data 1801 applied, 286 interviewed, 211 were accepted, 98 enrolled Minor admissions data 1621 applied, 237 interviewed, 163 were accepted, 70 enrolled

I've been complete since 8/13 and have heard absolutely nothing yet. Should I call or email them?

Woot-woo!!! Just got an interview invite here today. Perhaps they read my SDN cry?

Woot-woo!!! Just got an interview invite here today. Perhaps they read my SDN cry?

Congratulations! By the way, if it comes down to choosing between NJMS and RWJ which one would you be leaning towards? Just curious.

Congratulations! By the way, if it comes down to choosing between NJMS and RWJ which one would you be leaning towards? Just curious.

I have no idea. There are significant pros and cons for each school. Might come down to $$$. Idk yet. I'm trying to keep emotions out of the equation until finances are worked out.

I have no idea. There are significant pros and cons for each school. Might come down to $$$. Idk yet. I'm trying to keep emotions out of the equation until finances are worked out.

I'd love to know when you do end up choosing haha

Any out-of-stater get any interview? THey mentioned we may get interviews later (early winter). It is December~!? :(:scared:

DON'T THEY HAVE A HEART?

I was just reading thru old posts on this thread and I was wondering if anyone else with recent interview invites did not receive any information about a student interview. I see that at least one person previously posted about having one on this thread, but I was wondering if they cut that out? I don't understand the UMDNJs with this sometimes yes, sometimes no student interviews.

PinkIvy, I just interviewed on the 25th of Nov. and they didn't offer me a student interview either, but I don't know if that was because it was the day before Thanksgiving. Good luck!

So any OOS people gotten recent invites lately?

RWJ seems like it's been kinda slow with admissions decisions so far, but is anyone most likely going to go here next year?

Called today, the lady said that I wasn't selected for an interview, but no final decision was maid. Sounds like pre-interview hold to me.

OOS, was complete 09/21. I have no hope that I'll get into this school :(

Yeah, especially for OOS people. I wonder if they started on us yet.
I interviewed at RWJ as an OOS applicant in last August. Got an acceptance in October. I know OOS state kids from my alma mater who have interviewed. Just saying....

I interviewed at RWJ as an OOS applicant in last August. Got an acceptance in October. I know OOS state kids from my alma mater who have interviewed. Just saying....

This is not typical. And, since you know OOS kids from your school who have interviewed there, perhaps your school is a "feeder" school for them...

While RWJ might interview a few OOSers early in the app process, they (and NJMS) attend to ISers first. The waiting must bite for OOSers, but hope is not lost. I call late January invites for yall (just a guess). RWJ has even been slower for IS than NJMS, so your guess is as good as mine. Keep the faith!

This is not typical. And, since you know OOS kids from your school who have interviewed there, perhaps your school is a "feeder" school for them...

While RWJ might interview a few OOSers early in the app process, they (and NJMS) attend to ISers first. The waiting must bite for OOSers, but hope is not lost. I call late January invites for yall (just a guess). RWJ has even been slower for IS than NJMS, so your guess is as good as mine. Keep the faith!

.....pls...give me some love RWJ. I will give it back in ten folds :biglove:

Got accepted last night after interviewing on 10/16. Definitely worth the long wait since RWJ is my first choice.

So...maybe I'm the last person to learn this news, but I thought I'd share this tidbit of info they shared for us at the orientation session today. Due to the new med school by Rowan Univ. set to open in Camden, they are canceling their clinical rotations down there and cutting the class size down to ~100-105 students starting with this application cycle. Just thought yall might want to know that. Apparently, they've significantly cut back the number of interviews they conduct as well (might explain the seemingly "slower" response of Admissions this cycle).

Personally, I didn't want to go to crappy, crime-ridden Camden anyway, so it doesn't much affect me, but thought I'd share.

Ah dang. Even less chance for us, more competition. Lame.

NOooOO. now it's going to be even harder for an OOSer like myself to get in. mannnnn i'm such a big fan of robert wood johnson too! the man and the school.

NOooOO. now it's going to be even harder for an OOSer like myself to get in. mannnnn i'm such a big fan of robert wood johnson too! the man and the school.

I know, how about the Jets.

So...maybe I'm the last person to learn this news, but I thought I'd share this tidbit of info they shared for us at the orientation session today. Due to the new med school by Rowan Univ. set to open in Camden, they are canceling their clinical rotations down there and cutting the class size down to ~100-105 students starting with this application cycle. Just thought yall might want to know that. Apparently, they've significantly cut back the number of interviews they conduct as well (might explain the seemingly "slower" response of Admissions this cycle).

Personally, I didn't want to go to crappy, crime-ridden Camden anyway, so it doesn't much affect me, but thought I'd share.

camden is pretty nice now. i would totally live there but i'm in the ghetto currently :oops:

camden is pretty nice now. i would totally live there but i'm in the ghetto currently :oops:

Whoa there...that's quite a statement! I'll revise my comment. The area around the Rutgers campus in Camden is nice. The rest is a cesspool of crime. Omg, don't even get me started on the two shadiest liquor stores I've ever been to in life...both in Camden, smh. I would not even live on that nice two-block radius. However, the commute from Philly or surrounding Jersey towns is simple enough

Whoa there...that's quite a statement! I'll revise my comment. The area around the Rutgers campus in Camden is nice. The rest is a cesspool of crime. Omg, don't even get me started on the two shadiest liquor stores I've ever been to in life...both in Camden, smh. I would not even live on that nice two-block radius. However, the commute from Philly or surrounding Jersey towns is simple enough

are you talking about that/those liquor store(s) on 38 or have you ventures inside.

what I really hate about Camden is the Susquehanna Bank Center. the concerts there are terrible

are you talking about that/those liquor store(s) on 38 or have you ventures inside.

what I really hate about Camden is the Susquehanna Bank Center. the concerts there are terrible

lol, not to derail this thread, but YES! lol - I have been inside! That one and this one of the left side of the Ben Franklin Bridge (if exiting from Philly) in the sketchiest part of the city. Only went out of desperation! You know PA's alcohol rules are like in the South - narrow windows of time :thumbdown:

kk, now, back to our regularly scheduled program

I'm an IS applicant and was complete around the beginning of September. They still haven't sent me anything..should I call them? I sent an update letter and they just said thanks we're reviewing it....

I'm an IS applicant and was complete around the beginning of September. They still haven't sent me anything..should I call them? I sent an update letter and they just said thanks we're reviewing it....

Yeah I would call them. They just told me they will let me know very soon, and that's it. Very frustrating.

Status
Not open for further replies.