2009-2010 UMDNJ-RWJMS Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Was anyone else placed on the alternate list? Whats the deal with this, do alot of people get in/ is it ranked?

Members don't see this ad.

I am a first-year student at RWJMS. I'd like to provide my personal insight into the school. I was a lurker on these forums for quite a while during my pre-med days – I still remember how nervous some of the really heavy posters made me- but I didn't sign up until now. One of my applying friends sent me a link to this forum, asking me if some things that people were saying was true. I think that 1) some things people are saying is false, and 2) it's nice to have a current student's opinion, regardless of the reason, so I am posting my thoughts. Now, naturally, I am a student here so one could say my opinion it warped. I'll try to be impartial, but ultimately everyone's opinion is his or her own. I will come right out and say that I like this school a lot, though, and I think applicants should understand why.

Let me start off with why I went to RWJMS. I hope you'll forgive my lack of posting before this one, but I assure you I remember the pain of trying to choose a school, and haunted the SDN forums like a ghost. I was accepted at Georgetown, BU, RWJMS, NJMS, NYMC (in Valhalla), when I started getting financial aid packages in. I quickly realized going to a private school would cost $300,000 – $400,000, and some even more. I simply could not fathom that – this is not the 50's, and doctors do not make the kind of money that makes that kind of debt reasonable. And for what? MD is spelled the same way wherever you go for your education. I went to RWJMS without much trepidation. I am not a rich person, and neither is my family. I can assure you I will not be in more debt that most private school graduates when I leave here. I will be in much less debt – I follow my budget pretty closely. I feel that by making this decision, I will have a chance to follow my heart regarding a specialty and be able to focus less on choosing one that makes a lot of money.

It is true that RWJMS is not well funded. This has certain implications, naturally, and the school has to make sacrifices in order to stay fiscally patent. The school hasn't much money to refurbish any of the lecture hall seats, and some of the clubs are underfunded; In general, though, I honestly don't think it's that bad, at least as far how much the students are affected

I feel that they don't skimp on the classes. We have all the materials we need to do well in class, the lecturers are generally very good. The labs are excellent – our anatomy lab was really well taught, and I found the student-cadaver ratio to be ideal. I had a lot of hands-on cutting time, and overall it was a great experience. It is true we have anatomy taught at the same time as biochemistry, but I wouldn't have even known that was a problem unless Scutbuster didn't mention it as such. Pass-Fail is amazing; everyone is really willing to work together. Other students send out their outlines to the listserv (the e-mail for the whole class), and I feel like we all work together. (Whatever you do, go to a pass-fail school! It makes you not hate the people around you! You have friends!) I'm in Physio now; it's a hard class, but the courses aren't poorly taught and it is really just a matter of working, whatever some other people may have said Importantly, the classes do a good job of getting across the material and as a result I imagine the boards will be our proving grounds, which is fine with me. The average board scores are typically extremely high.

Also, someone mentioned an 8 – 4 workday. This is not true, it is just not true. All classes are recorded and most are optional, anyway. Many days it's 10 – 1, and for others it's 9 – 3.

Recently, there has been all this hoopla about the "library closing down" which sounds serious in theory but is actually pretty benign. As far as I can figure it, they changed the "library" to a "media center" and got rid of the librarians, instead having the media center employs do double duty and saving on salary costs. I think people have an image of the school shutting down a multi-story building full of books, that one might find in a medical school attached to an undergraduate university. Books people need for school are easily obtained from the newly named "academic resource center;" I take them out all the time.

Many of us do research; there is no lack of that if students wish to put some extra time in and maybe get their names on a few papers. The administration here ranges from unremarkable to good. It's like any place – it's annoying to have to deal with the administration, but I certainly haven't found them any worse than any other experience I've had.

I don't feel pressured to go into a primary care field, regardless of what other have said. As another aside, our match is fantastic. Don't take my word for it, look at it if you get the chance. We get lots of kids into heavy residencies, in heavy specialties.

Last edited:
LCME (the accrediting body for medical schools in the US) had a site visit at RWJ today. Unfortunately, RWJMS's accreditation will be placed on probation, largely due to its financial problems (the governor just cut funding to all the UMDNJ schools) and ongoing student complaints. UMDNJ and its administration has been an anchor that has been sinking this school for years.

Students at the meeting today voiced their concerns to the Liaison Committee for Medical Education on issues such as poor physical infrastructure / study spaces, communication problems with the administration, and inconsistent grading among campuses.

On their Web site, LCME defines probation as "such a determination may be based on the LCME's judgment that areas of noncompliance have seriously compromised the quality of the medical education program, or that the program has failed to make satisfactory progress in achieving compliance after having been granted ample opportunity to do so." The accreditation organization also requires that medical schools meet all of their 130 standards.

Watch for the press release... The risk for future students is that the school could lose its accreditation in the future, and current students won't be able to complete the MD they started.

Members don't see this ad :)
Do any current students have any info about the LCME accreditation?

According to a current student, the review doesn't end until today. So it is not complete yet.

I am a student at RWJMS. For the record, I spoke to the admissions office at RWJMS and asked them if there was some sort of problem and we were getting our accreditation placed on probation. The person actually started physically laughing at me - it was very strange. She said that that was highly unlikely for anyone to know that, considering the fact that the review is still going on. (It ends today.)

Anyway, putting a school on probation is not something the LCME does on the fly. I believe there's an extensive review process after the fact. It's not like they just mention their decision matter-of-factly while walking out the door. I'm not a scholar on LCME bylaws, but I am pretty sure that they would approach the subject with a little more gravity. The LCME operating protocols are online and it seems like after the review, each reviewer prepares a report; these reports are then combined into a single report and the school's status is determined as a result of that. This does not happen overnight.

I was also unaware of a "meeting" yesterday where students voiced their concern, at least not one that was open to the general student body. All I saw was that the LCME was walking around asking students in private what we thought of the school. I hate to say anything like that because this is a really busy time (tests coming up) and I may have missed a memo or something, but it just seems really suspicious to me.

I have no idea what the status of our accreditation will be at the end of this review, but I think we can all agree that some random guy on the internet is not the source for our breaking news.

Anyway, what's your deal, Scutbuster? What's the source of all this vented anger? It seems like you have a real bone to pick with RWJMS, and while you are certainly entitled to express your opinion, I don't think it's in good form to unduly influence people who are really trying to make a tough decision about their future. This is especially true with information that is unverifiable at best and deceitful at worst.

Edit: Sounds like we did very well, and will be passing.

Last edited:
Here's the truth about the LCME site visit at RWJMS. The LCME site visit team provided an informal report this afternoon. All indications demonstrate the site visit went very well. While the final report will not be released until June, there is every reason to believe full accreditation will remain intact.

It is sad that rumors are spread without any basis of truth.

:thumbup: I'm glad to hear that the LCME site visit went well.

All NJ schools of higher education are underfunded; the state government is in large debt and this is one of the many sacrifices that the state has to make.

LCME (the accrediting body for medical schools in the US) had a site visit at RWJ today. Unfortunately, RWJMS's accreditation will be placed on probation, largely due to its financial problems (the governor just cut funding to all the UMDNJ schools) and ongoing student complaints. UMDNJ and its administration has been an anchor that has been sinking this school for years.

Students at the meeting today voiced their concerns to the Liaison Committee for Medical Education on issues such as poor physical infrastructure / study spaces, communication problems with the administration, and inconsistent grading among campuses.

On their Web site, LCME defines probation as "such a determination may be based on the LCME's judgment that areas of noncompliance have seriously compromised the quality of the medical education program, or that the program has failed to make satisfactory progress in achieving compliance after having been granted ample opportunity to do so." The accreditation organization also requires that medical schools meet all of their 130 standards.

Watch for the press release... The risk for future students is that the school could lose its accreditation in the future, and current students won't be able to complete the MD they started.

Can you cite your sources about LCME probation? The site visit was not over till yesterday, and it seems like that Scutbuster some how got the information even before the visit was over. Scutbuster's statements are categorically untrue. And I really hope that some punitive legal actoins are taken against this buffoon for spreading misinformation.

I am a current 1st year at RWJMS, and I talked with Dr. David Swee who is RWJMS's LCME liason and asked him straight up and said that the visit went very well and the report wont be coming out till June at the earliest. He also said that RWJMS WILL PASS THE LCME SITE VISIT (he is on LCME boards and goes to other schools for site visit so he knows what he is talking about).

I would urge incoming students ignore ignorant chatter and speak directly with the admissions office to get straight answers.

ScutBuster, there are so many things that are just flat out lies in your post, it definitely make me wonder about your motives. Are really a premed hiding, trying to get off of the waitlist?

I mean, if you are going to bash a school, I would at least not throw out there blatant lies.

For everyone, I am a 2nd year medical student here at RWJMS, there are so many lies in ScutBusters post I cannot even respond to all of them:

1) For example, the final LCME report (as everyone has stated), won't be out till June (so, how do we expect you to believe that we are "placed on probation"), especially when all the administrators I know seemed to say it went very well. And we do not know for sure how it went? Does Scut Buster have some magical power that we do not know about?

2) There are no research opportunities? Are you out of your mind? Have you heard of CINJ? And the countless research going on in other departments here. I am a 2nd year medical student, and so far, I have 1 first author national poster presentation, and two other publications one in press (third author) and one submitted (fifth author). These are translational/basic science publications. We have so much research going on its insane. Another example, Dr. Millonig (Department of Neuro), just patented his test for Engrailed2, one of the first tests that will be commercialized for Autism testing (there are not any good reliable tests out there right now). The list goes on and on. Go look at our RWJMS Spring catalog that documents only SOME of the research going on here.

3) You are stuck coming to class all day 8-4 pm? WHAT are you talking about? There are weeks when I have to come to school 1-2 times for a small group. Otherwise, I wake up eat breakfast, read most of the day, listen to some lectures online. This is just so out of wack with reality, its hard to believe you know anything about the school.

4) WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT PHYSIOLOGY? No one failed the course last spring. How do I know? The course director, sent it out to the listserve that no one had to take the shelf exam. Physio is a hard course, and I definitely won't deny that that areas need improvement (I am also not a fan of Zachow, who only teaches the Renal Section). But, again, you are just making things up?!?!??!?! I am in bewilderment. The idea that taking anatomy and biochem together is somehow unfair? You do realize that many, many schools do this (for example, Cornell, which has anatomy go throughout the entire first year).

5) By the way, to address the "library situation" we were all upset because our head librarian (who had been here 20-25 years) was fired (without much student input), due to budgetary cuts. WE STILL HAVE A LIBRARY (they just call it a the ARC-Academic Resource Center). Guess what? All the books are still there (I can still check out books, suprise suprise), they are installing new computers. The main reason there was such a backlash from students from the seemingly lack of loyalty to staff that had served students well for quite some time. So, again, to say "RWJMS doesn't have a library", is another FALSEHOOD.

There is much to Scutbuster story than meets the eye.. Beware any of his/her advice. I would definitely admit that RWJMS is not perfect but I am very happy here. I chose it over many other "higher ranked schools" they can also offer you some amazing scholarships (there are many people that are here for free for all 4 years that are NOT MD/PhD).

If your curious schools I were accepted at include Albert Einstein, BU, Tufts, University of Rochester, NJMS etc. and was waitlisted at the some of the TOP schools (Columbia, Cornell etc), But, chose to withdraw due to attend RWJMS due to the affordability, P/F systrem, the RESEARCH here, and the overall environment.

Please sent me a message with any other questions

Last edited:
Agree with FutureDoc4. As an alum of RWJMS (c/o 2009), I can't really speak to anything that has happened this academic year, but I certainly enjoyed my time there, and I feel that it prepared me quite well for residency. Our class match list last year was quite impressive, and I expect that next week we will see that the Class of 2010 has continued in that tradition.

Also - my class was the last to have actual grades in MS 1/2. Starting with the class after me, it became pass/fail, and the USMLE Step 1 average has been well over 230 the last few years. This is quite remarkable for a state school, especially considering that our incoming students' MCAT average score is just about the national average (or maybe slightly higher) in the 30-32 range. That's gotta tell you that our profs are doing something right.

Hi, I've been a lurker for quite a while, but never posted. I feel pretty shocked by how vitriolic scutbuster is being about RWJ, and have to wonder if perhaps they are in fact a pre med on the waitlist for RWJ? Somebody in the Pre Allopathic thread reported getting several negative private messages following their first acceptance (The thread was called something like "are these the new gunners?) concerning the school they were accepted into, and later found out the messagers were fellow premeds trying to get off the wl. This could be an explanation. Or perhaps they are a fount of truth in a desert of (largely) unquestioned school pride. But I kind of doubt that. If my theory is correct I hope this person doesn't benefit from me recently declining my acceptance. I promise it was not because of anything they said, but a personal choice to remain in California. I also hope the mods examine whether Scutbuster is in fact a medical student and what their motives are. Good luck everybody.

Members don't see this ad :)
Was anyone else placed on the alternate list? Whats the deal with this, do alot of people get in/ is it ranked?

I'm on the alternate list too, and would also love to know the answer to this question... does anyone know?

Is RWJ a "true" pass/fail school for the first 2 years?

By "true" I mean there is no internal/confidential ranking system AT ALL à la Columbia?

yes rwj is pass fail for the first two years and 0 to 4 for the clinical years

Anyone know when we get our financial aid packets from RWJ? How about scholarship notifications- when are those generally made? Thanks!

Anyone know when we get our financial aid packets from RWJ? How about scholarship notifications- when are those generally made? Thanks!

Financial aid packets should be in March/April (if I remember correctly)

Academic Scholarships can be offered at any time starting in March through the summer (I know one student who was offered a full tuition academic scholarship in mid June).

If anyone needed any further prove what a liar ScutBuster was (This is from the Dean of RWJMS sent to the students):

[FONT='PrimaSans BT,Verdana,sans-serif']TO: Faculty, Staff, and Students
RE: Conclusion of the LCME Site Visit
DATE: March 11, 2010

I am very pleased to inform you of the very positive preliminary results from our recent LCME accreditation survey visit. The site visit team praised our faculty and students and found that we are essentially meeting all of the LCME standards. While two standards were identified by the survey team as requiring additional attention, this number is well below the average number of standards generally cited at surveys as needing improvement.

This excellent outcome could not have been achieved without the hard work and full participation of our faculty, staff and students in this very intense and rigorous process. Your commitment to our school is invaluable and your contributions are greatly appreciated.

We now await the final recommendations from the LCME which we expect to receive in July. Given the very positive information from the site visit team, we believe that the final set of recommendations will be reasonably consistent with this preliminary report and help us improve our educational offerings even further.

While we could not have achieved these results without the support of each and every member of the Robert Wood Johnson Medical School community, I would like to especially thank Stephen Lowry, MD, Senior Associate Dean for Education for his leadership throughout this process; Carol Terregino, MD, Interim Senior Associate Dean on the Camden Campus, for her excellent work; David Seiden, PhD, Associate Dean for Student Affairs and Siobhan Corbett, MD, Chair of the Curriculum Committee for their work. Lastly, I want to thank David Swee, Associate Dean for Education, for his coordination of this entire process.

Thank you and congratulations to all.

This message has been approved by: Peter S Amenta
This message has been sent by: Lucy Mashas

yes rwj is pass fail for the first two years and 0 to 4 for the clinical years

So the internal ranks sent out along with the Dean's Letter during residency apps do not include first and second year grades?

If anyone needed any further prove what a liar ScutBuster was (This is from the Dean of RWJMS sent to the students):

[FONT=PrimaSans BT,Verdana,sans-serif]TO: Faculty, Staff, and Students
RE: Conclusion of the LCME Site Visit
DATE: March 11, 2010

I am very pleased to inform you of the very positive preliminary results from our recent LCME accreditation survey visit. The site visit team praised our faculty and students and found that we are essentially meeting all of the LCME standards. While two standards were identified by the survey team as requiring additional attention, this number is well below the average number of standards generally cited at surveys as needing improvement.

This excellent outcome could not have been achieved without the hard work and full participation of our faculty, staff and students in this very intense and rigorous process. Your commitment to our school is invaluable and your contributions are greatly appreciated.

We now await the final recommendations from the LCME which we expect to receive in July. Given the very positive information from the site visit team, we believe that the final set of recommendations will be reasonably consistent with this preliminary report and help us improve our educational offerings even further.

While we could not have achieved these results without the support of each and every member of the Robert Wood Johnson Medical School community, I would like to especially thank Stephen Lowry, MD, Senior Associate Dean for Education for his leadership throughout this process; Carol Terregino, MD, Interim Senior Associate Dean on the Camden Campus, for her excellent work; David Seiden, PhD, Associate Dean for Student Affairs and Siobhan Corbett, MD, Chair of the Curriculum Committee for their work. Lastly, I want to thank David Swee, Associate Dean for Education, for his coordination of this entire process.

Thank you and congratulations to all.

This message has been approved by: Peter S Amenta
This message has been sent by: Lucy Mashas
Y'all can drink the Koolaid if you want... (Taking David Swee's word for ANYTHING? Inquire about why he got fired as Chair of the Family Medicine Dept. a few years ago... lol... and for the record, Scutbuster = current medical student @ RWJ, regrettably) Keep in mind that passing the LCME site visit is necessary, but NOT sufficient for accreditation w/o probationary or warning status. The problems RWJ will face will come primarily from their funding issues, which are a direct result of being affiliated with UMDNJ (and, again, the primary reason for Camden essentially seceding from UMDNJ before it was too late). It is this affiliation with UMDNJ that will cause RWJMS to have an accreditation problem. Stay tuned for the press release. Hoping you'll be at another school when you read about it and you'll be thankful you dodged a bullet.
Caveat emptor. At least you can't say you weren't warned. Read recent post regarding UMDNJ's financial problems here... If you have a chance to go to a school with a better name, better opportunities, and better funding, why on earth would you risk coming here?
http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2010/02/umdnj_seeks_to_generate_100m_t.html

Let's not even get into diversity. Do you really want to be stuck for four years with just jersey kids, who are often boring and uncultured and think they're better than everyone else (which is patently unfounded), yet have NEVER left the garden state? Provincial to put it kindly, and they're the last ones to ever find out.

Last edited:
Is RWJ a "true" pass/fail school for the first 2 years?

By "true" I mean there is no internal/confidential ranking system AT ALL à la Columbia?

There certainly is an internal ranking system... How else do you think they determine whether you're AOA during third year? It isn't looks / personal style (too many joizey guidos/guidettes to choose from)

"Joizey guidos/guidettes" SERIOUSLY? I highly doubt you are a medical student.

lol everybody leave that scutbuster kid alone, he's just venting his frustration he is having at medical school, it happens to everyone, stop trying to be a tough guy and scaring people away from RWJ with all that you'll be sorry bullsh*t, get a life bro

Wow Scut Buster, I am surprised you had the gall to come back here and post. Considering multiple current medical students showed how you are lying... however, you continue to talk about UMDNJ financials.. over and over again (like you have some "insider" info)... as a reason for "some possible" probation--which I showed everyone, with an email from the DEAN that you are making things up.. however, you seem to think you have some magical power (though, you got that e-mail from the Dean cause you are onthe listserve, right? and not some premed ?) Yes, the state is having monetary trouble (so is every state and state school--nj public high schools are going to take a beating with our new Governor), so that means ALL OF UMDNJ is going to be affected including NJMS, SOM, School of Health Professionals are going to have cuts made (unfortunately, likely increased tuition from a recent town hall meeting) and in fact, if you followed anything about med education--most state schools are suffering huge budget crunches and are having to either decrease resources or raise tuition. Have you seen what the Cali schools are going through?

What was your response to all the criticism? Something about "too many joizey guidos/guidettes to choose from"...wow, so elegant, you seem like a really cultured person.

I would ask the mods to just finally come around and BAN this inflammatory person.

cac5108, I would love to not respond to Scut Buster, but I am afraid he/she will urge people to make decisions not based on reality.

I am not even "Mr. School Spirit", but Scut Buster is doing a great disservice to others by putting out false information.

Scut Buster, please feel free to send me a private message, I would love to meet you face to face at school (that's most likely when you are roaming the halls at RWJMS praying someone drops off of the waistlist)

Finally, I didn't take "Dr. Swee's word for anything" because that e-mail didn't come from him. It came from the Dean. Dean Amenta. But you knew that right?

Last edited:
Let's back to real discussion as this thread should be about discussion of status of secondary and application. I think both UMDNJ school is good and will not have any issue as far as credential. We shouldn't worry about someone own interpretation and personal issue.

with this, any one has idea how admission process going? are they still interviewing ? Are they full? will there be waiting list movement soon?

Haha, I wonder how many posts its going to take before Scutbuster calls someone a Nazi. Don't feed him and maybe he will go away; let's give the forum back to people with legitimate questions.

I think that the grades for the first two years are not calculated except for the purposes of establishing AOA status. For those who don't know, AOA is an honor medical society; I believe the top 1/6th of every medical school is inducted, or something along those lines. Anyway, AOA status is much more weighted to grades of the clinical years; Step 1 scores are a much more uniform way of demonstrating academic knowledge across schools. We never see our final grades for any class; we simply get a P or an F.

has anyone heard anything about scholarships yet? when do people usually find out about them?

i'm a student here, PM me if you have any questions.. i really like it here but i do wonder how my life would of been if i picked a different school, i probably wonder about that too much haha.

a few of my good friends go to njms. i still hang with them a lot so i got to know about the other umdnj school pretty well. from what i remember, most people came down to the wire trying to pick between those two schools. i know a lot about both although i am biased but i can tell you the pros and cons from my perspective (and it has nothing to do with academics & research)

i'm a student here, PM me if you have any questions.. i really like it here but i do wonder how my life would of been if i picked a different school, i probably wonder about that too much haha.

a few of my good friends go to njms. i still hang with them a lot so i got to know about the other umdnj school pretty well. from what i remember, most people came down to the wire trying to pick between those two schools. i know a lot about both although i am biased but i can tell you the pros and cons from my perspective (and it has nothing to do with academics & research)

I am interested to hear the pros and cons of both.

Can't you post here so every one can be benifit on this forum.

has anyone heard anything about scholarships yet? when do people usually find out about them?

It seems we're overdue to find out by now. Of course, it could also be that they've already sent out scholarship offers, but no one has yet posted them on SDN.

It seems we're overdue to find out by now. Of course, it could also be that they've already sent out scholarship offers, but no one has yet posted them on SDN.

I think I remember seeing somewhere that scholarship offers would be made in the acceptance letters (mine had none)...I could be wrong though...

I think I remember seeing somewhere that scholarship offers would be made in the acceptance letters (mine had none)...I could be wrong though...

Hmm. That's interesting. I know that NJMS places scholarship offers in acceptance letters, but didn't know the procedure was similar at RWJ.

Anyone else care to chime in?

Hmm. That's interesting. I know that NJMS places scholarship offers in acceptance letters, but didn't know the procedure was similar at RWJ.

Anyone else care to chime in?

If you were offered the approximate $10k per year from NJMS, you will get offered about the same here. RWJ notifies people after May 15th. The full ride scholarships at both schools usually don't overlap with recipients but there are only a handful of those students.

I'll prepare my write up to be sent via PM to those who are interested in what I have to say about RWJ vs NJ vs Private school. I just don't want to turn this thread into a RWJMS vs NJMS cheerleader competition. There really isn't a better school between the two, some advantages are just easier to access in one school than the other. I'm busy these next few days so I'll post later this week.

If you were offered the approximate $10k per year from NJMS, you will get offered about the same here. RWJ notifies people after May 15th. The full ride scholarships at both schools usually don't overlap with recipients but there are only a handful of those students.

I'll prepare my write up to be sent via PM to those who are interested in what I have to say about RWJ vs NJ vs Private school. I just don't want to turn this thread into a RWJMS vs NJMS cheerleader competition. There really isn't a better school between the two, some advantages are just easier to access in one school than the other. I'm busy these next few days so I'll post later this week.

if its not a big deal could you send me your opinion of the pros/cons when you get the chance? thanks

RWJMS has not begun to award scholarships. They will be awarded as soon as the school receives final notification regarding the number and amount of available awards. Applicants who receive a scholarship are notified by phone and mail.

RWJMS has not begun to award scholarships. They will be awarded as soon as the school receives final notification regarding the number and amount of available awards. Applicants who receive a scholarship are notified by phone and mail.

Do you know, by any chance, if the date of "final notification" could be after May 15?

Do you know, by any chance, if the date of "final notification" could be after May 15?

Word. It's rather unfair for them to make us reject all other acceptances if they don't provide us fin.aid info.

I've heard RWJMS will do their best to make the awards prior to May 15

Hi Folks,

Does the May 15th date for scholarship awards apply to UMDNJ students as well? Thanks!:D

Hi Folks,

Does the May 15th date for scholarship awards apply to UMDNJ students as well? Thanks!:D

Did you mean NJMS students? If so, I know for a fact they've already been sending out scholarship offers along with acceptance letters, dating all the way back to October.

There is a large $$ deposit required to "accept" the scholarship, however, and that deposit is due May 15.

That is a rather misleading title...it makes it sound almost as if the entire UMDNJ will just close down. That is NOT what the linked article says. It says that instead of existing as its own separate entity, called UMDNJ, the different schools and facilities would be divied up amongs three already existing university systems. But the med schools and hospitals would, by no means, be closing down!

just clarifying, for those who don't feel like reading the article....

Now that the May 15 deadline has passed, has anyone moved off of the hp alternate list yet?

Let's rekindle this thread...

I got an email about some offers that were made off the hp alternate list, but it is still early..there may be more offers depending on how many people withdraw!

anyone hear anything else?

http://www.umdnj.edu/thisweek/

Check it out--6 RWJMS students got some of the most prestigious fellowships in the country (1/2 way down the page)

2 HHMI(Howard Hughes)-Fellows
1 HHMI (Howard Hughes)-Cloisters
3 Doris Duke Fellows

If you do not realize how competitive these fellowships are, take a look at some of their websites. They are some of the most difficult research fellowships to attain in the country.

Status
Not open for further replies.