2009ers - What are you doing before school starts?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

abraxas20

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ack, four weeks...it is beginning to freak me out...

what are you doing in your last few weeks?

Members don't see this ad.

After I quit my job, I'm going to Philly and the DC before school starts.

My last few weeks of freedom...

Members don't see this ad :)
Nothing productive. Just having fun.

Code Brown said:
Nothing productive. Just having fun.

sounds terrific. me too. :D

I have three more weeks of work, then a beach vacation with my sisters, then a week to move. It has gotten to the point where I realize that I'm doing things for the last time, and I'm not going to be able to fit everything in before I leave. Which is sad, but I'm really looking forward to starting school.

I'm coming back to America exactly 6 days before the start of school after living abroad for a year. Planning on sleeping continuously through those 6 days.

Nothing!! I'm working very infrequently and its driving me insane!!!! SDN fills up most of my days... and that is just fricken sad! :thumbdown:

I am doing cancer research at the moment. One week before orientation I am going to Chicago to a Cubs game and to chill on Lake Michigan.:cool:

Tennessee Health Science Center COM '09

I quit my job at the end of May. Visited California for the first time ever for two weeks in June. Have been in Brazil since end of June and will be here for a month. I sleep until noon, eat tons of meat ) they are huge on roasted meats) and hit on hot Brasileiros.

I will have NO money to my name after all this. Oh, well.

Nothing. Absolutely nothing. It will be glorious.

Kazema said:
After I quit my job, I'm going to Philly and the DC before school starts.

My last few weeks of freedom...

hope you have fun!! :love:

Ambs said:
sounds terrific. me too. :D

hey girl! how was your looking for housing trip?

Members don't see this ad :)
doing nothing is absolutely glorious! i just went to the lib and flipped through vogue. so relaxing.

abraxas20 said:
Ack, four weeks...it is beginning to freak me out...

what are you doing in your last few weeks?

Working...UGH.

Working full-time. I'll have a couple of weeks between when I leave the job and when classes start, but I'll probably have to spend most of that time shopping for furniture for the new apartment and moving. :(

Vegas next week. and i found out the other day that the world series of poker main event will be the same week. should be fun

Really, it's World Series time already?

Man this year has gone by quick. Sure didn't seem that way back in March though :laugh:.

guys chill out lol... enjoy your summer before freshman year... go drink go party go do whatever... have fun :thumbup:

Work a few days....play a few days(golf). Had a great off shore deep sea fishing trip planned for tonight and tomorrow....but stupid TS Cindy is going to make landfall right where we were leaving from.......damn.

Working. I cant abandon my investigators or they would cry . . .and hunt me down.

But after work Im apartment-hunting. Still dont have a place but that will change by next week.

rugirlie said:
Nothing!! I'm working very infrequently and its driving me insane!!!! SDN fills up most of my days... and that is just fricken sad! :thumbdown:

Sounds like me. I keep telling myself that I'm wasting away the last summer of my life... :-(

problem is, i'm stuck at home with no friends, no car... ha.

Pinkertinkle said:
Playing Battlefield 2.
Only thing worth doing this summer :thumbup:

tiamoth said:

me too! but i have my sdn friends :love: (*dont laugh!)

tiamoth said:
Sounds like me. I keep telling myself that I'm wasting away the last summer of my life... :-(

Me too!! My car decided to break on me and my parents won't fix it if it costs a lot cuz the car only cost 3000... the mechanic called today but we gotta call him back.. i really hope its cheap! I can't survive the next month without a car when this is supposed to be my last month of freedom!! :scared:

rugirlie said:
Me too!! My car decided to break on me and my parents won't fix it if it costs a lot cuz the car only cost 3000... the mechanic called today but we gotta call him back.. i really hope its cheap! I can't survive the next month without a car when this is supposed to be my last month of freedom!! :scared:

Get a rental car. I had to do that one month and it was only $350 for the month. Cheap price to pay for freedom!

Code Brown said:
Get a rental car. I had to do that one month and it was only $350 for the month. Cheap price to pay for freedom!
You gotta be 25... I don't think my parents would be willing to rent one for me :(

wends said:
hey girl! how was your looking for housing trip?

Hey you! How's it going?

Yeah... about the looking for housing trip. Hasn't happened yet. (!!!) It will soon though. I plan on going up to Portland in a couple of weeks. Hope I find something nice. :luck:

Hot Hot Hot!!! I'm so jealous. I am going through man withdrawl lately. Hot Brasileiros would absolutely do the trick. I took a capoeira class in college with a brazilian instructor named Tiberio Viera. That was by far one of the most sexy "non-sexual" experiences of my life. :) In the meantime, I'm taking physics and teaching bio/orgo MCAT classes for Kaplan. How fun!!!

PMinty44 said:
I quit my job at the end of May. Visited California for the first time ever for two weeks in June. Have been in Brazil since end of June and will be here for a month. I sleep until noon, eat tons of meat ) they are huge on roasted meats) and hit on hot Brasileiros.

I will have NO money to my name after all this. Oh, well.

I went to cedar point (the BEST rollar coaster park in the world) yesterday and will work from now until the week before orientation. But the last days of freedom will be in Vegas. Not my normal idea of a vacation but what is normal about the last few days before med school?