2010-2011 PhD/PsyD Interview Invite thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hi,

I would also really appreciate a PM with the POI from the person who received an invitation from the University of Utah. Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

I too would love to hear from the person with an interview with Utah and Southern Methodist.

Thank you so much for this thread!!

I have a question. What can I expect from a "brief" pre-selection interview? I have never been in this situation before.

Thanks for your help!

Members don't see this ad :)
Would it be possible for the individual receiving an interview at Southern Methodist University to message me their POI and how they were contacted? Thanks so much!

Is anyone else applying to John Jay's Forensic Clinical program? They sent out their interviews last year on the 6th, and I'm going crazy waiting to hear something!

Will whoever received the SMU invite please message me with their POI as well? Thank you! and congratulations to all who have received invites thus far!

Hi,

I would also really appreciate a PM with the POI from the person who received an invitation from the University of Utah. Thank you!

Would also love to hear from this person as well. Thanks a lot!

I would also be grateful if those who have received invites for University of Oregon could PM me and let me know which POIs they've heard from. This is my top school... Thanks so much!

I would also be grateful if those who have received invites for University of Oregon could PM me and let me know which POIs they've heard from. This is my top school... Thanks so much!

Is there a thread in which people discuss their actual interview experiences? Anything and everything from what questions were asked to how to dress? I think that it would be useful for people to share their experiences. If there is a thread from last year, I would be interested in seeing it. Perhaps we could start one for this year?

Members don't see this ad :)
Can the people who heard from UVM and Stony Brook PM me your POI? Thanks so so much!

SIU will be having informal phone interviews end of January/beginning of February and will then have an optional open-house interview day on February 21st. They are reviewing applications right now.

SIU will be having informal phone interviews end of January/beginning of February and will then have an optional open-house interview day on February 21st. They are reviewing applications right now.

I got that email as well. It was really nice to know their procedure and timeline. I wish all schools would send out an email like that. I don't know about you, but it certainly put my mind a little at ease... as much as it can be during this stressful time!

If whoever got the Arizona State invite could PM me, I'd really appreciate it!!

same! can you please PM me with the POI you applied to work with. thanks so much and congrats!

This is my second time applying and I was recently looking around SDN and found that last year someone was running a "rejection thread" similar to the interview thread.

You can find it here:
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=687076

Maybe this would be beneficial again this year?

Also, sorry to hear about your rejection, bluesky. Remember it only takes one!

Can the person/people who received a University of Utah invite also PM me their POI and how/who from they received their invite? Thanks, and congrats to everyone who's received an invitation. For everyone else, keep hanging in there!

bluebluesky, did you receive written rejection emails/letters from programs or are you assuming you're rejected because you haven't been invited to interview and others have? I'm just wondering if some programs have already sent out rejections. If so, would you mind sharing which programs you've been rejected from?

Yeah...I got 2 rejections already.

This is my second time applying and I was recently looking around SDN and found that last year someone was running a "rejection thread" similar to the interview thread.

You can find it here:

Sorry. I just figured if 2+ invites are out and I got none = rejections? No?

You can find it here:

That rejection thread is from last year, yes? Rejections don't start for clinical psych until March, I believe.

Can the person that heard back from University of Northern Colorado PM me? Just curious of a couple of things. i.e. did you hear through email, phone, snail mail, when you heard from them etc. Thanks.

For the person(s) that received an invite from UNCG let me know how they received their invite... via phone, email, snail mail, etc? Also, do you know if they are only having phone interviews, but in-person as well?

Thanks!

Would the person with the UNCG invite PM me too.

Also, has anybody heard from U of Arkansas? It looks like last year their interviews were Jan 25 but no invite date was posted.

Anybody hear from non-applied psychological PhD? I've been so panic and anxious for nearly a month....

Would the person with the UNCG invite PM me too.

Also, has anybody heard from U of Arkansas? It looks like last year their interviews were Jan 25 but no invite date was posted.
I'm also waiting to hear form U of Ark

Can the person who received the UNCG invited please PM me their POI as well? I'm really disappointed that I didn't receive an invite from them :(

Would the person who heard from UNCG please PM me your POI? It would be greatly appreciated. I realize a lot of people have asked the UNCG person to do the same, so if you're comfortable posting your POI as thread post, that may be more efficient for you.

bluebluesky, I agree on how you'assuming about rejections. I've gotten 3 so far using your same criteria. Bummer.

That rejection thread is from last year, yes? Rejections don't start for clinical psych until March, I believe.

Yes, that thread is from last year. I remember getting a rejection in December last year too. Just merely a suggestion of starting a rejection thread similar to this one for this year.

And bluesky, I wouldn't count yourself out until you get a formal rejection. I ended up being waitlisted for a program last year and thought I was out because I didn't get an interview.

Well, I suppose I already have 1 rejection since I haven't heard from UVM :/ Oh well...8 more to go!! Let's all remember that it only takes 1...

Has anyone else heard from Penn State? I'm not too worried yet as my POI is male and the interview invite was sent out a little earlier according to the thread... but I'm still anxious.

ASU was one of my top choices and I am so bummed I didn't get an invite. I thought it was such a great match!

I've only heard from 1 program and for all the others, I can't tell if no news is good or bad... I can't wait until April, which feels really far away right now :eek:

Congrats to everyone who got invites this week :)

Thanks so much for this! I need to start preparing and this definitely makes that somewhat less stressful...

This is the thread from last year- a bit heavy on the clothing talk, don't know about you, but that's not the thing I'm most concerned about:
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=693832&highlight=interview

This is another one about questions people have been asked in interviews:
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=703134

Have you checked this out?
http://www.studentdoctor.net/interview-feedback/

Also the insider's guide has a section on interviewing, I believe, if you have that.

The person who PMed me this UNCG info made it sound like she was offered no formal invites have gone out yet for the in person interviews. I think his/her POI just invited his/her for a phone interview before all the faculty meet to decide who to invite.

If I am wrong, feel free to PM me again and I will edit this post...

Hey, could the person who heard from UNCG also PM me as well? Also, do you know if they sent out all their invites yesterday, or if they will still be sending them out next week? I have found some universities don't send out their invites all at once...which is kind of nervewracking when you seen them show up on this site! Good luck to everyone waiting for invites....

Can the latest person who heard from Penn State let me know how they were contacted? Thanks ! :)