2010-2011 University of Cincinnati Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ksmi117

GEAUX TIGERS!!!
Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Prompts:

Were you ever the recipient of an institutional action (such as disciplined, probation, suspended, dismissed, or other action) by any college, university, or medical school for unacceptable academic performance or conduct violation, even
though such action may have not interrupted your enrollment or required you to withdraw?

Have you ever been convicted of, or pleaded guilty or no contest to, a felony, or criminal offense, participated in a pre-conviction program or currently have any civil or criminal charges pending? (Include information even if charges have been dropped.)

Have you been convicted of or pleaded guilty or no contest to, any moving traffic violations (moving violations includes speeding tickets) ?

Have you ever matriculated at or attended any medical school as a candidate for the M.D. degree? If yes, please explain.

Have you graduated from college, if yes please briefly describe your major activities since you received your college degree and your plans for this year. ((note -- You only answer this if you are currently NOT enrolled in any college program -- undergrad or graduate))

:luck: with your application!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I'm thinking about applying here, but do they accept a lot of OOS?

any word of secondaries from UC yet?

Members don't see this ad :)
in-state and still no secondary for me too

This is strange. I was looking at last year's thread and it looks like they started getting theirs July 1. Come on, UC!

:xf:

Got it! and submitted. easy as pie.

the only questions is if you are currently not in ANY college program, to explain what you will be up to next year.

Question: Have you graduated from college, if yes please briefly describe your major
activities since you received your college degree and your plans for this year

Hooray! Thanks, app buddy (we are in all the same threads - nbd).

I haven't received mine yet but I did find out yesterday that it was coming out today, so as long as I get it at some point I'll be happy. I work across the street, so if not I might pay admissions a visit (but probably not because I'm not that forward)... :cool:

I'm also in state and haven't gotten the secondary yet....hopefully today.

Hooray! Thanks, app buddy (we are in all the same threads - nbd).

I haven't received mine yet but I did find out yesterday that it was coming out today, so as long as I get it at some point I'll be happy. I work across the street, so if not I might pay admissions a visit (but probably not because I'm not that forward)... :cool:
I say be forward! Make sure they know you are interested!! haha.

They had a really weird page to determine residency. I know I am not an ohio resident for education purposes... even though I vote here and have paid state taxes 2006-09... but they made the figure out page very complicated for someone who lives in Ohio but has parents in another state.

Does anyone have a problem with changing the password? Apparently, when I press submit on the change page nothing happens.

Thanks

Does anyone have a problem with changing the password? Apparently, when I press submit on the change page nothing happens. Thanks
Didn't have a problem changing the password -- but keep in mind that want you to have a super secure password (with caps, numbers and symbols). I did find the whole weird ID and weird password thing annoying though.

Members don't see this ad :)
Didn't have a problem changing the password -- but keep in mind that want you to have a super secure password (with caps, numbers and symbols). I did find the whole weird ID and weird password thing annoying though.

I tried re-registering a new account and everything. When it comes to the password place and when I hit submit or continue nothing happens. I tried on firefox and chrome and the password is in the correct form. What's going on?

Anyone any ideas?

Is everyone who recieved a secondary today in-state? I am OOS and still haven't recieved one. Im starting to get nervous.

I just got/submitted my secondary (so easy!), but I was a little frustrated-- it never said how much the fee was (or maybe I missed it...). Does anyone know how much we are getting charged?

Is everyone who recieved a secondary today in-state? I am OOS and still haven't recieved one. Im starting to get nervous.
I'm OOS on my AMCAS and I received it... but I think alot of people are still waiting.
I tried re-registering a new account and everything. When it comes to the password place and when I hit submit or continue nothing happens. I tried on firefox and chrome and the password is in the correct form. What's going on? Anyone any ideas?
Did you try the whole "I forgot my password" approach and put in your SSN/security question? I did that and it allowed me to use the new password. right afterwards it made me what password I wanted to use. If you still have trouble with that, contact UC.
I just got/submitted my secondary (so easy!), but I was a little frustrated-- it never said how much the fee was (or maybe I missed it...). Does anyone know how much we are getting charged?
The email they send you saying you paid said they charged you $25! for the seconday. which was pretttyyyy cheap. made my morning

Am I the only one wondering about the speeding ticket question:
"Have you been convicted of or pleaded guilty or no contest to, any moving traffic violations (moving violations includes speeding tickets) ? If yes, please explain fully below."

I mean, if the ticket/points have been taken off of my record, do I still have to mention it?

Also, how much detail should I go into?

I'm OOS on my AMCAS and I received it... but I think alot of people are still waiting.

I was just asking because I submitted my AMCAS the first possible day, I am OOS, and I am still waiting. I am from Louisville, so Im not really that far away.

Did you try the whole "I forgot my password" approach and put in your SSN/security question? I did that and it allowed me to use the new password. right afterwards it made me what password I wanted to use. If you still have trouble with that, contact UC.

The email they send you saying you paid said they charged you $25! for the seconday. which was pretttyyyy cheap. made my morning

Yeah, I got mine today and I'm OOS. They never told you how much they were charging, but it only ended up being $25 like Avoidthetiger said, which I'm more than happy about. That's a fifth of what I paid for Tulane.

Would a ticket for failing to make a complete stop at a stop sign be considered moving violation?

Am I the only one wondering about the speeding ticket question:
"Have you been convicted of or pleaded guilty or no contest to, any moving traffic violations (moving violations includes speeding tickets) ? If yes, please explain fully below."

I mean, if the ticket/points have been taken off of my record, do I still have to mention it? Also, how much detail should I go into?
I can't really help you here (as I barely ever drive... so atleast tickets are one thing I never hard to worry about, haha). I would verify 100% that their is no record of your ticket. If there isn't, I do not see why you need to include the information. If you want to be on the safe side -- just say when you get the ticket, how much over the speed limit, and if you have a reason why speeding than explain.

Would a ticket for failing to make a complete stop at a stop sign be considered moving violation?
According to google, yes. It also includes illegal turns, tailgating, failure to stop at crosswalk to allow pedestrians to cross, ect.

Sorry for the lame question, but is getting a speeding ticket and paying for it considered pleading guilty? What about if it was dropped off your record after so many months?

I know I received something 8 years ago, but I can't remember what for.

Finally got this secondary. Pretty straightforward

Got my secondary!! And I'm OOS and not even verified yet.

Don't worry everyone else, I'm sure they send them out in batches!! It makes me nervous too when I see everyone else getting secondaries... but I have to remember my app isn't even verified yet so I haven't gotten too many secondaries.

Did or will your parent(s) provide the majority of your financial support in:

If "No", please select the state for each year.

wtf does this mean? I am trying to put "No" but what does it want for state?! I tried Ohio even though it doesn't make sense but it wants another state. so dumb.

I'm in state and I just got the secondary after obsessively checking my email all day. I'm guessing that since the secondary is so quick they are sending out a few at a time so their servers don't get jammed up with everyone trying to submit secondaries and payment.

Yea they spread the emails out over the entire day. I wonder if the large amount of usage is why it takes me forever to type into the fields. Also trying to sign in the first time was very frustrating with the weird password requirement. There seems to be several typos as well.

To the person that asked, at least a few states (and I wouldn't be surprised if all) consider paying the fine a guilty plea. Look up the state's laws.

BlameItOnTheOH I am having the same problem, I called them and they redirected me to I.T. I sent an email and waiting to hear back. I will let you know when I hear.

Did or will your parent(s) provide the majority of your financial support in:

If "No", please select the state for each year.

wtf does this mean? I am trying to put "No" but what does it want for state?! I tried Ohio even though it doesn't make sense but it wants another state. so dumb.

i'm ready to submit but i'm having the same problem with the first question on that page!! :mad:

Is it just me... or when you go to review your application (the PDF version it gives you), there are a BUNCH of fields blank (like marital status, school, etc) that was never asked when filling out the application??? Please let me know, I want to submit it ASAP.

This secondary was really straightforward... but it was weird that the application kept refreshing itself in the middle of me filling something out (so I'd have to re-select things), which was pretty annoying.

I think it's kinda weird they ask about moving traffic violations... why would they care if you got a speeding ticket?

Some schools care about traffic violations if it is a recurring thing or sheer recklessness. For example, if you got 6 or 7 speeding tickets within the last year/6 months or getting a ticket for going 100 mph in a 35 mph. Basically just looking for consistent reckless behavior. One or two isn't a big deal, everyone gets a ticket once if their life.

Is anyone else having problems filling out their secondary? I log in and it is a page with a bunch of different tabs like directory, my course/class, reports etc. I select the Applicants tab and there is one thing there, Online Application Manager. When I select that I get a MedOneStop Error Page message. Is this happening for anyone else or am I doing something wrong? Thanks.

Does anyone have a problem with changing the password? Apparently, when I press submit on the change page nothing happens.

Thanks

I had trouble registering at first with an underscore in my password. I changed it to a ! and it worked. Not sure if you're having the same problem

Is it just me... or when you go to review your application (the PDF version it gives you), there are a BUNCH of fields blank (like marital status, school, etc) that was never asked when filling out the application??? Please let me know, I want to submit it ASAP.

Anyone? I really want to submit this... I'm just really nervous I missed something...

i'm ready to submit but i'm having the same problem with the first question on that page!! :mad:

I managed to get it be in "Yes" and "Ohio"
I had a hard time trying to explain that I wasn't paying taxes in 2010/2011 (since it wanted a state other than Ohio but I am still in Ohio) so I finally just changed it to YES and said OHio. Who knows maybe I will get a job soon... I technically have one (just i never see the money)... so maybe I will get a tax return form this year?

I thought the entire page was weirddddd

bpost137 said:
Yes -- I saw that. I submitted anyways. Probably old questions for the application that don't matter anymore to them but they were too lazy to update the pdf.

I was just wondering if I didn't provide a social security number on my AMCAS. What number do I use for University of Cincinnati? The number that AMCAS assigned me?

Yea there are a lot of inconsistencies in the app. Whatever, it's not worth worrying about.

I also found it odd that it asked for credit card information without even telling us how much we're paying. But I'm really happy with their small fee :D

Last edited:
Yea there are a lot of inconsistencies in the app. Whatever, it's not worth worrying about.

I also found it odd that it asked for credit card information without even telling us how much we're paying. But I'm really happy with their small fee :D

Yeah I know!!! Probably the cheapest secondary fee there is :).

Submitted it 2 minutes ago, thanks everyone for confirming the weird pdf.

So how much does it actually cost?

nevermind-$25 ---just read the entire thread : )

Loved this secondary lol. I wonder how many extra applications they receive because of the lack of essays and how cheap their fee is.

Loved this secondary lol. I wonder how many extra applications they receive because of the lack of essays and how cheap their fee is.

Why can't all secondaries be this easy???

Why can't all secondaries be this easy???

Hah I know right. This one literally took me fifteen minutes. Loyola's on the other hand has seven essay questions (about 300 words each), plus it's snail-mail based so you have to print everything off of their cryptic website and actually mail it in. It's taken me like a day and a half to do it.

Is anyone else having problems filling out their secondary? I log in and it is a page with a bunch of different tabs like directory, my course/class, reports etc. I select the Applicants tab and there is one thing there, Online Application Manager. When I select that I get a MedOneStop Error Page message. Is this happening for anyone else or am I doing something wrong? Thanks.

I am having this same problem! I just want to finish it and send it in! I wonder if maybe too many applicants are trying to access the same thing?:confused:

I ended up just putting "YES" to the financial support questions and then in the comments i basically just put that i have financially supported myself. I just wanted to submit haha. I figure since people are calling about it they will cut me some slack and understand what I am trying to say...good enough!

Ended up getting mine late last night. Had some fun explaining my moving violations (3) - :laugh: SUBMITTED!

Ended up getting mine late last night. Had some fun explaining my moving violations (3) - :laugh: SUBMITTED!

Just so you know, if you got your speeding tickets in Ohio, they're considered to be misdemeanors and so they'll show up on your CBC.

Status
Not open for further replies.