2010 MGMA Physician Compensation Survey

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
please PM me as well if still available!

Members don't see this ad.

You're a fool if you think physician salaries will be affected much. I could see a general slight decline on a yearly basis, but don't be expecting the sky to start falling. Doctors' salaries aren't the problem here and the AMA has been relatively effective at keeping salaries at non-ridiculous levels. Compare our situation to that of graduating lawyers, as I'm sure you already have.
not a fruitful comparison

Good discussion. The numbers I have seen for my subspecialty are dead on. And hospitals do make offers based off MGMA data. They like to offer the 50th% in my experience.

please PM me the full report if still available!
Thanks

Members don't see this ad :)
Does the full report include average hours worked/week for each specialty?? If so, I'd very much be interested in obtaining a copy. If you would be so kind, please e-mail it to me: [email protected]
I'd be interested in calculating $/hr for the various specialties.

Last edited:
i'd like it as well. Please PM. Thanks.

Interesting to see the Podiatry salaries. Just the other day I got an email from Ohio State asking me to apply to their Podiatry program. I believe they said all that was required (or maybe it was average applicant) was a 21+ MCAT and a 3.0+ sGPA. I then looked and saw Podiatrists make 150k+. Kinda makes me wonder why more people don't flock to that

Members don't see this ad :)
It's like trying to get a popsicle on a hot day. I'll take one!

Hi

If anyone has it, I would like the full report PM'ed to me as well.

Thanks.

if you don't mind, pm me too.

Can I get in on this PM action as well? It's very much appreciated! Thank you in advance!

[email protected]

- Ar2

Last edited:
Can anyone send a PM my way? Thanks

Would anyone be able to send me one too? Thanks :)

This has become the best thread on SDN.

can someone please send me a copy as well? thank you.

PM please! Thank you.

I have received the file from another SDN member, but it's only the 7pg document. Does anyone have the full report? Please PM.

Last edited:
Do these numbers include benefits?

The Medical Group Management Association publishes a comprehensive, yearly survey on physician compensation. I've attached a PDF with information on the average compensation of over 100 medical specialties and sub specialties in 10 different geographical regions.

As they say, you definitely should not go into medicine for the money. However, its important to be well informed.

The entire MGMA publication is over 300 pages (and too big to attach). Just PM me and I'll e-mail it to you.

Guys! Guys, why don't we just put it up online on Megaupl---- oh, wait.

Would love to see a full copy if still available. Knee deep in negotiations with hospital as we speak.

Please PM if still available.

Thanks ahead of time.

I would love a pm as well. Thanks!