2010 Ranking of DS Based on GPA/DAT Other

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

doc toothache

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
With start of the race approaching, it might help to look at some statistical information available from ADEA in deciding which schools to place on your wish list.

Members don't see this ad.

Attachments

• 2011-Ranking GPA, DAT, Other SDN.xls
    70 KB · Views: 7,632
On top of things as always. Thanks doc :)

With start of the race approaching, it might help to look at some statistical information available from ADEA in deciding which schools to place on your wish list.

Thank you so much Doc. I really appreciate it.

Do you have the stats for 2011 Dental schools rank based on Race (asian specifically)?

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks doc! Always helpful info.

i feel a bit dumb asking and maybe its just not working right for me but...

can you explain the chart a bit. it seems like theres a bunch of gpas and % in state and then schools listed way underneath those.

i feel a bit dumb asking and maybe its just not working right for me but...

can you explain the chart a bit. it seems like theres a bunch of gpas and % in state and then schools listed way underneath those.

haha!
+1

Figured it out! :eek: It's because the way it pulls up. You have to scroll all the way to the left first...

ah yes, thank you haha
I actually feel embarassed now for not noticing

Members don't see this ad :)
You never cease to amaze me doc...never

Good work

Is there any way to get this information for ndbe part 1 or part 2 boards scores??

this is great!

You always come through doc toothache. Wish you the best!

Just curious. do you buy the ADEA book every year to publish this? Thats very generous of you, thank you

Does science GPA stats = BCPM or just BCP classes?

Is there any way to get this information for ndbe part 1 or part 2 boards scores??

NBDE scores are about as closely guarded as Area 52.

Just curious. do you buy the ADEA book every year to publish this? Thats very generous of you, thank you

The other option would be to print ~70 pages that are available on line and still be left scrambling to find the info from the other 200 pages.

so this is the same info thats found in the 2011 ADEA Official Guide?

On the top it says the source is the 2011 guide, so yes.

dantemac what do all the columns mean for the out of state students im confused by things like?

-How many out of state applicants applied...
-What percentage of the entire application pool were OOS applicants
-Total # of OOS candidates interviewed
-The next two columns (I think!) are total applicants interviewed and then the number of OOS applicants interviewed.
-If you go over 3 more comlumns, I think it gives you the number of OOS students accepted.

Not sure.

If you want to see my discussion of Out of State advantages/disadvantages go HERE: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=791510&highlight=dantemac

It uses the 2009 data but is pretty clear as to which schools are OOS unfriendly

Sorry, this is kinda off topic... what Microsoft version are you all using? my computer always opens the excel sheet in compatibility mode. I think several columns get moved down to one column?? Not sure.

Thank you DocToothache for taking out time to help us pre-dents

Last edited:
Sorry, this is kinda off topic... what Microsoft version are you all using? my computer always opens the excel sheet in computability mode. I think several columns get moved down to one column?? Not sure.

Thank you DocToothache for taking out time to help us pre-dents

Do you mean compatibility mode? I don't think there's a computability mode...

Thank you so much for putting this together, doc toothache! :)

Thank you so much Doctor for helping out your fellow Pre-dents! :thumbup:

Hi would anyone know what school MID is in that chart? I tried googling MID dental and came up with an dental academy that treated horses.

Just curious, where did you get the stats for # Accepted? I have the 2010 ADEA book and it only list # applied, # interviewed and # enrolled. Did you contact each school individually or is this an estimation?
And I noticed for some of the schools, there aren't all of the calculations. Creighton, for instance, all of the numbers are provided to make the calculations (Total interviewed/accepted, for example), but they are blank at the bottom of the column. Just wondering where the info came from.
Thanks!

Just curious, where did you get the stats for # Accepted? I have the 2010 ADEA book and it only list # applied, # interviewed and # enrolled. Did you contact each school individually or is this an estimation? And I noticed for some of the schools, there aren't all of the calculations. Creighton, for instance, all of the numbers are provided to make the calculations (Total interviewed/accepted, for example), but they are blank at the bottom of the column. Just wondering where the info came from.
Thanks!

For some schools the information is fragmented. There are no estimates. Your 2010 ADEA guide has the same info in Table 3-2 (p 32). The schools that did not provide the info are listed at the bottom with no numbers.

For some schools the information is fragmented. There are no estimates. Your 2010 ADEA guide has the same info in Table 3-2 (p 32). The schools that did not provide the info are listed at the bottom with no numbers.
hey doc, what does total interview/accept mean? thanks.

hey doc, what does total interview/accept mean? thanks.

The number of applicants interviewed/number of applicants accepted. It is a way of getting a handle on the chances of acceptance with an interview.

Doc is Legen wait for it... Dary! Thanks for the great info.

For all the posters lurking on this forum waiting for the 2012 application cycle: Use this guide RELIGIOUSLY when applying. Buying the book also couldn't hurt.

Very handy chart. I noticed that WesternU's # have a discrepancy between whats in the excel doc and their web site.. interesting.

Number of AADSAS Applications Received 2,494
Number of Interviews Granted 351
Number of Students Enrolled 76
Number of Males Enrolled 45
Number of Females Enrolled 31
Number of California Residents 43
Average Overall GPA 3.43
Average Science GPA 3.58
Average AA DAT 19
Average PA DAT 19
Average TS DAT 19

http://prospective.westernu.edu/dentistry/competitive