2010 Withdrawl MM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

narcusprince

Rough Rider
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
This question is for all the attendings/residents. What is going to happen when we are back to peacetime status? What will happen when their are too many providers in Military Medicine? Early severance? What happened during the Clinton years when MM shrunk did they start pushing people with HPSP committments out?
Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I am not asking in an effort to twart my own commitment I for one am very happy about my relationship with the military. I am just wondering what happened in the scenario when military medicine contracted?? I have a family member who was in the army nursing corps and I was told that they PUSHED people out of military medicine.

Members don't see this ad :)
I am not asking in an effort to twart my own commitment I for one am very happy about my relationship with the military. I am just wondering what happened in the scenario when military medicine contracted?? I have a family member who was in the army nursing corps and I was told that they PUSHED people out of military medicine.

I don't think it will be an issue. Navy wise we are just under our needed end strength. Should operational needs abroad diminish it will just mean that we can eliminate some contract docs and have better manning of our hospitals. Add to that the holes in the pipeline, there will be no need to downsize individuals.

This question is for all the attendings/residents. What is going to happen when we are back to peacetime status? What will happen when their are too many providers in Military Medicine? Early severance? What happened during the Clinton years when MM shrunk did they start pushing people with HPSP committments out?
Thanks

What will happen? We will finally be adequately staffed. If there are too many people, they will let the civilian people go first. I would bet my car that early severance will never and has never been an option!