2011-2012 Albert Einstein Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
hey guys!

i sent in all my stuff on 7/15 but i still haven't received that app complete email..those of you who have received it: how long did it take you to get the email after you submitted all your materials? thank you!!

Me too. I hope it comes soon!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Can you guys help me out?

Does a copyright infringement warning count as warning notice for a non-academic issue that did not result in a disciplinary action?

I accidentally clicked on a link that ended up being a torrent and didn't really pay attention to it and then received an email from my school a few days later that told me to remove the file. I'm not even sure they have a record of it.

Should I report it? How bad would it reflect on me?

Can you guys help me out?

Does a copyright infringement warning count as warning notice for a non-academic issue that did not result in a disciplinary action?

I accidentally clicked on a link that ended up being a torrent and didn't really pay attention to it and then received an email from my school a few days later that told me to remove the file. I'm not even sure they have a record of it.

Should I report it? How bad would it reflect on me?
I really wouldn't worry about it. Invoking your Buckley Amendment rights will let you know for sure if this is on your record. Don't let the school adminstrators @#%$ you.

Complete today, submitted 7/6, LORs received by AMCAS today (7/22)

probably a really dumb question, but I was sent an e-mail asking to complete the secondary..

AMCAS has forwarded your materials to us and we would like to get you started on completing your application. Please keep in mind that you have until February 15, 2012 to get all of your documentation to us, but don't wait that long!

Please visit our admissions website for specific instructions on getting started:
http://www.einstein.yu.edu/admissions/page.aspx?id=21126

But I don't know where the actual secondary is! Haha, I looked all around the website, too..

probably a really dumb question, but I was sent an e-mail asking to complete the secondary..

But I don't know where the actual secondary is! Haha, I looked all around the website, too..

Read that page.

AMCAS has just forwarded your materials to us and we would like to get you started on completing your application. Please keep in mind that you have until February 15, 2012 (December 1 if you are an MSTP applicant) to get all of your documentation to us, but please don't wait that long!

Let's start with the Secondary Application; click here: SECONDARY APPLICATION.

Anyone know the MAX amount of letters we can send in?

is the "you have completed the secondary" the same email as you are complete email ...or no?

Members don't see this ad :)
Is getting my masters considered "taking time off?"

and it "after having just graduated" referencing graduating undergrad or my masters?

Anyone know the MAX amount of letters we can send in?

Make sure they are signed and on official letterhead. My letter writer didn't listen to me, and I have to get him to resend it to amcas again. Frustrating.

Make sure they are signed and on official letterhead. My letter writer didn't listen to me, and I have to get him to resend it to amcas again. Frustrating.

I feel your pain...the exact same thing happened to me

When do interviews start?

They'll email you requesting you choose a date that falls after a specific date in the email. Mine was after 20 Sept. My guess is interviews start some time early to mid Sept.

They'll email you requesting you choose a date that falls after a specific date in the email. Mine was after 20 Sept. My guess is interviews start some time early to mid Sept.
Thanks - when do invites go out?

submitted 7/13, complete 7/26. good luck everyone!

Adding to the data: secondary sent 7/22, complete 7/25

-Received secondary 7/5.
-Secondary submitted 7/19 (a bit late due to trying to figure out some rec letter requirement issues).
-Letter I needed arrived at AMCAS 7/26.
-Complete 7/28.

Guess we will see what happens next... :xf:

Tip for MSTP applicants: When you enter in pubs, posters, etc., every new line you create makes a numbered list after submission. So I entered city, institution, etc., and it lined it up as a poster itself. Hopefully they won't care because I didn't see any instructions for this.

Can you tell me how the essay prompt is for MSTP? Are there actual additional essays to answer or is it just restating AMCAS MSTP essay in secondary? As much as I didn't think I was going to say this, simple click that causes rejection and $153 fee is not too exciting/appealing...

Did anyone else copy and paste the essay questions from word? My apostrophes on the printable, after submission, appear for example as: not I've, but I’ve. I sent an email yesterday to admissions asking if I may be able to re access the secondary and correct it, waiting on a response...

is there anywhere to check our statuses for that website? i feel like i just paid them and they left me with nothing...

Hey Guys,

Long time lurker, but I wanted to let everyone know that Einstein has started giving interviews.

Good Luck Everyone!

Hey Guys,

Long time lurker, but I wanted to let everyone know that Einstein has started giving interviews.

Good Luck Everyone!

How do you know? Did you get one? Or are they sending it out today

THanks

Interview invite as well. Will be there 9/16. Good luck to those hoping to hear back!

For those that got invites, when were you complete?

Anyone know how many get interviews and howmany are accepted?

This is one of my top choice schools

For those that got invites, when were you complete?

I got an invite, and I was completed Jul. 12.

Does anybody know the protocol for letting your other NY med schools know that you have an interview in their area, aka you would like to hear from them about interviews/potentially group them together in one visit?

Complete 7/29 and no invite here. Man, I'm really sad and anxious right now. I don't know how I'm going to hold up through this app cycle... hopefully I won't crumble to pieces before the end of August. Maybe it'll come later? Hopefully... anyone completed on or after 7/29 who got an invite already? Contrats to those invited :)

Congrats to those of you getting invites!

I submitted my secondary last week and the homepage that links you to the secondary application states applicants will receive an email when the secondary application has been received, and then a second email later saying the file is complete.

i'm not worried that i haven't received a 'Complete' email yet because i know it takes schools a few weeks to compile all the materials, but did people receive a 'secondary received' email confirmation? i only got an email confirming my fee payment...

Interview invite here. I am actually debating whether I should go or not since their interview dates will cause a conflict with my other ones.

If I end up passing this invitation, I hope one of you guys gets it. Good luck to everyone!!!

Complete 7/29 and no invite here. Man, I'm really sad and anxious right now. I don't know how I'm going to hold up through this app cycle... hopefully I won't crumble to pieces before the end of August. Maybe it'll come later? Hopefully... anyone completed on or after 7/29 who got an invite already? Contrats to those invited :)

I'm 7/28 and haven't heard anything either. Maybe we are next? :luck:
Interview invite here. I am actually debating whether I should go or not since their interview dates will cause a conflict with my other ones.

If I end up passing this invitation, I hope one of you guys gets it. Good luck to everyone!!!

Wow - you have so many interviews.

Status
Not open for further replies.