2011-2012 Albert Einstein Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm 7/28 and haven't heard anything either. Maybe we are next? :luck:

Complete 8/1 and seconding that sentiment. :luck:

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Looks like lots of invites will be coming up this week

I was complete on 7/7 and did not receive an interview invite so I am wondering am I pretty much rejected since many of the interview invites have been for those completed afterwards?

Curious about this myself. Complete on 7/19 and silence since.

complete since july 8th and silence. should i just assume silent rejection? or are only super stars getting interviews now?

complete since july 8th and silence. should i just assume silent rejection? or are only super stars getting interviews now?

Yeah man. Get used to waiting...there will be a lot of it. It doesn't speak poorly of you, it's just testament to the ridiculous number of really qualified applicants.

Any MSTP applicants got interview invites yet?

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats to those who have already received interview invites. Now on to the next hurdle.

A bit of advice for the rest of you: try not to draw conclusions based on dates of other applicants' completion/interview invites. I know that it's tough not to, but no schools that I'm aware of adhere to a rigid "first in, first out" policy with applications. I think it's a far more complex process than that. Also, while I was complete considerably later than most of you posting, I didn't get my interview invite until well over 3 months after I submitted my secondary. Have patience.

A bit of advice for the rest of you: try not to draw conclusions based on dates of other applicants' completion/interview invites. I know that it's tough not to, but no schools that I'm aware of adhere to a rigid "first in, first out" policy with applications. I think it's a far more complex process than that. Also, while I was complete considerably later than most of you posting, I didn't get my interview invite until well over 3 months after I submitted my secondary. Have patience.

Thanks for your post! It's very reassuring. I actually started a pre-allo thread about this a few weeks ago because I was worried that being complete but not getting an interview invite on the same day would most likely lead to silent rejection. Guess it's not so straightforward.

Thanks for your post! It's very reassuring. I actually started a pre-allo thread about this a few weeks ago because I was worried that being complete but not getting an interview invite on the same day would most likely lead to silent rejection. Guess it's not so straightforward.

Not only is it not so straight forward, you might not hear back for months. This process is as much about patience as itbis about actually writing your applications and interviews.

So, as a Biology major, I currently have the following letters:

- 1 Professsor who taught me in a research course + biology course
- 1 professor who taught me in a research course
- 1 professor who taught me in History
- 1 Volunteer coordinator

With AECOM's following quote:
If the major subject is science, the second letter should be from a member of a science department other than the person writing the first letter.

Am I not eligible to apply then since my major is biology but both my science references are from the Biology department?

I was in a similar situation as a biochemistry major. I had two science letters in my major, but I couldn't (realistically) get another science letter from outside my major. I applied to AECOM with my two science letters, and they accepted those and completed my application. Now having said that, I obviously haven't received an interview invite, and it would be best to get an additional letter if possible. But if you really can't, you can still apply and be acceptable. I think the key phrase there is "should;" it's not "must." Most schools give some slight leeway with their letter requirements (like in this case), because they know that there's no way 100% of the most desired applicants can meet their requirements perfectly.

I was in a similar situation as a biochemistry major. I had two science letters in my major, but I couldn't (realistically) get another science letter from outside my major. I applied to AECOM with my two science letters, and they accepted those and completed my application. Now having said that, I obviously haven't received an interview invite, and it would be best to get an additional letter if possible. But if you really can't, you can still apply and be acceptable. I think the key phrase there is "should;" it's not "must." Most schools give some slight leeway with their letter requirements (like in this case), because they know that there's no way 100% of the most desired applicants can meet their requirements perfectly.

Thanks for the detailed reply :) I'll give them a call and find out tomorrow as well. Much appreciated!

So, as a Biology major, I currently have the following letters:

- 1 Professsor who taught me in a research course + biology course
- 1 professor who taught me in a research course
- 1 professor who taught me in History
- 1 Volunteer coordinator

With AECOM's following quote:

Am I not eligible to apply then since my major is biology but both my science references are from the Biology department?

hey! I just came across your post and I can tell you that at least in my case, it definitely didn't matter. I also majored in Biology, both my profs were in the bio department, and I got an interview yesterday. So I'm not sure how strict they really are, and I think you'll be fine :).

any idea when we can start finding student hosts? I have my flight booked!

For any Canadians that filled this secondary out...do we list ourselves as International Student? And what if we don't have a U.S. mailing address?

California, 3.84 GPA, 34 MCAT, complete 7/8, Interview invite 8/1:)

Idenitical stats almost and invited this week too! I just sent out the email for date requests today though.

Did anyone else accidentally submit the application without completing it fully? Didn't realize that paying the fee would cause it to be submitted. Wondering if there is anything that can be done...

Did anyone else accidentally submit the application without completing it fully? Didn't realize that paying the fee would cause it to be submitted. Wondering if there is anything that can be done...

Hmm...I'd email them immediately to let them know of the mistake and give them a call Monday morning as well to make sure they don't start processing it.

Yeah, that's what I will do.. Feel so stupid but most applications make you at least 'sign' before you submit...

Any other post-bacc's struggling to track down a "letter of good standing" from their undergrad in response the the item on the recommendation page?

I'm hoping this isn't a requirement to be complete. My sense is this will take awhile, as my registrar won't write them. I had to contact the Dean's office.

is there no way to check my status for Einstein? torture.

At least for last year's applicants, a status link was available. I'm not positive, but I think that it might have been found by logging back into your secondary app after you submitted (or maybe once you are considered complete?). I had a hard time finding it last year, but something eventually popped up.

Any other post-bacc's struggling to track down a "letter of good standing" from their undergrad in response the the item on the recommendation page?

I'm hoping this isn't a requirement to be complete. My sense is this will take awhile, as my registrar won't write them. I had to contact the Dean's office.

Yeah I had a rough time getting this done as well (I also had to go through the Dean's office) and your app won't be complete until the "letter of good standing" is received. It took me almost a full month to be complete after I originally submitted my app. My undergrad would only send the letter by mail though so that's what took so long.

Yeah I had a rough time getting this done as well (I also had to go through the Dean's office) and your app won't be complete until the "letter of good standing" is received. It took me almost a full month to be complete after I originally submitted my app. My undergrad would only send the letter by mail though so that's what took so long.

Thanks for the reply, though that news sucks. Did you have the letter sent directly from your undergrad? I was going to get it sent to me and scan it, in case I needed it for anyone else down the road.

The whole thing seems kind of redundant, I thought you had to be in "good standing" to graduate. . .so how would one fall out of good standing after getting a diploma.

Thanks for the reply, though that news sucks. Did you have the letter sent directly from your undergrad? I was going to get it sent to me and scan it, in case I needed it for anyone else down the road.

The whole thing seems kind of redundant, I thought you had to be in "good standing" to graduate. . .so how would one fall out of good standing after getting a diploma.

My thoughts exactly! Yeah I had the letter sent directly from my undergrad to AMCAS, because I believe that is the only way Einstein will accept it. My undergrad mailed it because they were unwilling to scan and upload it, which would have saved a LOT of time. So hopefully you will have better luck!

Does AE provide a request form, or do you just go to your school and ask. I went to the registrars office and all they could give me is a proof of enrollment. I assume this isn't the same thing.

Does AE provide a request form, or do you just go to your school and ask. I went to the registrars office and all they could give me is a proof of enrollment. I assume this isn't the same thing.

I got an email from admissions today confirming receipt of my secondary, and reminding me to get the letter of good standing in. It basically confirmed everything Chitown already said - the letter needs to be in to be "complete," and it needs to go through AMCAS. There wasn't any request form, but I guess you could use the form the AMCAS app generates for LORs.

I got an email from admissions today confirming receipt of my secondary, and reminding me to get the letter of good standing in. It basically confirmed everything Chitown already said - the letter needs to be in to be "complete," and it needs to go through AMCAS. There wasn't any request form, but I guess you could use the form the AMCAS app generates for LORs.

Good call Floyd. Thanks for the info. :)

Hey guys - trying to figure out if there is a "secondary received" email or not. It looks like there is just a "complete" email once everything is in. Can anyone confirm?

Hey guys - trying to figure out if there is a "secondary received" email or not. It looks like there is just a "complete" email once everything is in. Can anyone confirm?

Yep, I received a "complete" email a few hours after I submitted the secondary.

is there a status page of einstein? or do we just wait for an email for interview invites?

Just received an interview invite, complete end July. Can't wait! I was waiting for the first interview that would give me a chance to go back to NYC!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.