2011-2012 Albert Einstein Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know the accepted/interviewed ratio for Einstein?

Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone know the accepted/interviewed ratio for Einstein?

Thanks in advance!

I'm doing total, IS, and OOS because of the heavy IS presence. These are the most recent USNews data.

Total:
7337 applicants
1435 interviews
467 accepted
183 enrolled

IS:
1538 applicants
442 interviews
148 accepted
85 enrolled

OOS:
5799 applicants
993 interviews
319 accepted
98 enrolled

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm doing total, IS, and OOS because of the heavy IS presence. These are the most recent USNews data.

Total:
7337 applicants
1435 interviews
467 accepted
183 enrolled

IS:
1538 applicants
442 interviews
148 accepted
85 enrolled

OOS:
5799 applicants
993 interviews
319 accepted
98 enrolled

Thanks for the helpful information Snuke! :)

How long did it take you guys to receive secondaries after verification?

has anyone sent an "in the area" email here (or anywhere for that matter)? I would love love love to interview here, and I will be in NYC in late September... and money is tight and I'm in sort of a catch 22 - I need my job to pay for these plane flights but I may lose my job if I take too much time off. Craziness. Anyway, I wouldn't want to be the annoying applicant who think she deserves an interview or anything... just the frugal one trying to manage her time and life. (like most of us, I'm sure!) Any thoughts?

has anyone sent an "in the area" email here (or anywhere for that matter)? I would love love love to interview here, and I will be in NYC in late September... and money is tight and I'm in sort of a catch 22 - I need my job to pay for these plane flights but I may lose my job if I take too much time off. Craziness. Anyway, I wouldn't want to be the annoying applicant who think she deserves an interview or anything... just the frugal one trying to manage her time and life. (like most of us, I'm sure!) Any thoughts?

I don't think it can hurt to send it but my interview invite said the earliest I can interview is in October which - I think - implies that all September interview dates are already taken.

I don't think it can hurt to send it but my interview invite said the earliest I can interview is in October which - I think - implies that all September interview dates are already taken.

Thank you so much for responding. Hmmm, I may just wait it out, then... I was complete late July, also, so my fingers are crossed for an invite soon. I should have started a savings account years ago just for this application/interview process, haha! Oh well, there's always a way.

Congrats on your interview, btw, and good luck! :)

Thank you so much for responding. Hmmm, I may just wait it out, then... I was complete late July, also, so my fingers are crossed for an invite soon. I should have started a savings account years ago just for this application/interview process, haha! Oh well, there's always a way.

Congrats on your interview, btw, and good luck! :)

Also quite possible that they don't start until October.

Also quite possible that they don't start until October.

I can confirm that interviews start in September

Edit: I'm a current Einstein student, so if anyone has any questions, let me know!

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Im hoping for an interview - NY resident and above the averages. Please pick me for the interviews!!

Been complete since 8/1...hopefully I will hear something soon....but based on the 32.41 ave mcat....I think I already know what its going to be...:(

Keep in mind that is simply an average--there will definitely be people interviewed and accepted with scores below that. :)

How long did it take you guys to receive secondaries after verification?

I'm quoting myself... lol.
Anyway, I thought this school didn't screen secondaries? I've been verified since Friday, but still no secondary for this school. Could the earthquake from other day delay me receiving it (although I did get secondary from another NY school...)?

I'm quoting myself... lol.
Anyway, I thought this school didn't screen secondaries? I've been verified since Friday, but still no secondary for this school. Could the earthquake from other day delay me receiving it (although I did get secondary from another NY school...)?

I wouldn't worry too much, took them 4 days for them to send me my acknowledgement email. Just make sure you don't submit before you received the okay.

I wouldn't worry too much, took them 4 days for them to send me my acknowledgement email. Just make sure you don't submit before you received the okay.

ETA: Got secondary later today. Shouldn't have worried in the first place!

Last edited:
Hi guys,

I am an Canadian applicant, and in the secondary application, it asks me for an US addresss...Obviously I don't have one, but the system wouldn't let me continue without filling in an US address...What do I do?:confused:

Hi guys,

I am an Canadian applicant, and in the secondary application, it asks me for an US addresss...Obviously I don't have one, but the system wouldn't let me continue without filling in an US address...What do I do?:confused:

Call them?:confused:

I finished the application tonight and saw on the initial instructions that you must click on the "success link" on your payment receipt in order for your application to be complete. I did not see a "success link". I just clicked on return to my application. Does anyone see this link or know what I'm talking about? Thanks in advance.

Hi guys,

Hey, if you continue onwards in the application you'll see at the end it says to write 'XXXXXXX' for the U.S. Mailing Address Information boxes and instead fill in the Foreign Address section

Thank you for your application to the Albert Einstein College of Medicine.

AMCAS has forwarded your materials to us and we would like to get you started on completing your application. Please keep in mind that you have until February 15, 2012 to get all of your documentation to us, but don't wait that long!

Please visit our admissions website for specific instructions on getting started:

Is this the email that is required to submit a secondary or is there a second email I should wait to receive? Some tricky wording on the secondary instructions have led me to question it and I don't want my app thrown out. Thanks

Thank you for your application to the Albert Einstein College of Medicine.

AMCAS has forwarded your materials to us and we would like to get you started on completing your application. Please keep in mind that you have until February 15, 2012 to get all of your documentation to us, but don't wait that long!

Please visit our admissions website for specific instructions on getting started:

Is this the email that is required to submit a secondary or is there a second email I should wait to receive? Some tricky wording on the secondary instructions have led me to question it and I don't want my app thrown out. Thanks

If it has a link to the secondary website, this is the email you're looking for. You can go ahead and submit. :)

Thanks! Last one to submit, it will be nice to be finished. Now for the waiting

I actually just scheduled an interview for the end of September.

Interview Invite!!!! My first! :D:D:D

Complete 9-Aug.

Congrats on interview invites! :)

Does AECOM have a place to check your application status? I can't find one on the website but I might just be blind or something.

Thanks guys! Just booked for 3-Oct but they are still offering Sept dates.

Anyone else?

Thanks guys! Just booked for 3-Oct but they are still offering Sept dates.

Anyone else?

Same here! September would have been much better for me but for some reason I wasn't offered September dates :( Oh well

Congrats on interview invites! :)

Does AECOM have a place to check your application status? I can't find one on the website but I might just be blind or something.

i asked this question before and i think the answer was no, we'd just have to wait it out

I'm trying to figure out the travel stuff for my interview. Does anyone have any recommendations for what airport to travel to for the easiest/cheapest/most reliable transport to the campus? I just don't want to get lost!

Hi. So I just submitted my primary, and I know it is late, but do you guys think it is too late to realistically get a shot at an interview/acceptance later on?

I'm OOS, but I think I have a pretty strong application, besides possibly my MCAT score which I still have to wait another couple of weeks to receive. Thanks.

Interview Invite!

Complete 8/16
Invite 9/1

32 / 3.98 sGPA

Congrats the invites!

I have been complete since 8/1 and haven't heard anything...I hope that it is not a silent rejection :(

Congrats the invites!

I have been complete since 8/1 and haven't heard anything...I hope that it is not a silent rejection :(

I've been complete since 7/8, so :(x2.

OMG i just got my first interview invite from einstein today!!!! major love x1000000000. i was getting worried!

complete: aug 11
invite: sept 1

stats: OOS, cGPA 3.72, sGPA 3.69, 33S

Complete 7/27, II this morning!

I'm trying to figure out the travel stuff for my interview. Does anyone have any recommendations for what airport to travel to for the easiest/cheapest/most reliable transport to the campus? I just don't want to get lost!

bump (and congrats on the invites guys!)

http://www.einstein.yu.edu/studentlife/einsteinmap.aspx

I would fly into LaGuardia and take a cab. You can also spend some time navigating the bus/subway/shuttle system.

Ya so far that sounds like my plan, but I was hoping maybe someone would know a cheaper way to get from LGA to the campus via public transport with few transfer. Oh well...$30 to not get lost sounds like a good deal :rolleyes:

Take the M60 Bus from LaGuardia Airport station heading to Morningside Hts, Manhattan. Get off the bus at E 125 St and Lexington Av, get on a Bronx-bound 5 train and take it to East 180th Street, then get on a Westchester Square-bound Bx21 bus and get off at Morris Park Ave and Eastchester Road.

im pretty sure i will be the first applicant einstein loses :D i am very prone to getting lost. oh boy!

Interview invite here as well!!! I am from the Bx and even me myself I have to do quite a bit transferring....for those taking a cab just be aware of traffic and even though it may seem like the quickest route, sometimes you're better off with the MTA :)

btw complete 8/30, invite 9/2 whoa!!!!

Last edited:
Interview invite here as well!!! I am from the Bx and even me myself I have to do quite a bit transferring....for those taking a cab just be aware of traffic and even though it may seem like the quickest route, sometimes you're better off with the MTA :)

Congrats! I'm coming from Long Island for the interview. Any idea how reliable the express bus up Madison Avenue to Einstein is and/or how frequently it runs?

So excited! Interview invite :D
Complete 8/10, invite 9/2!

Congrats! I'm coming from Long Island for the interview. Any idea how reliable the express bus up Madison Avenue to Einstein is and/or how frequently it runs?

Hey congrats to you too!! Where on Madison Ave are you planning on taking the bus? I am not familiar with that bus but whenever I drive from Manhattan to the Bronx I normally drive up Madison Ave because it is pretty convenient and takes you straight into the South Bronx area. So from about 44th Mad. Ave to yankee stadium is about a 15-20 minute drive on a good day. AECOM is located more North so it depends on the route the bus takes in the Bronx as well. The route that I know of takes about 15 minutes from around yankee stadium to AECOM....Good luck :)

btw complete 8/30, invite 9/2 whoa!!!!

Congrats! Do you mind me asking when you sent in your secondary? Trying to see how long it takes from submission of 2ndary to being complete. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.