2011-2012 Drexel Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't gotten mine yet. Do you think I should contact admissions?

I would wait until next Monday. A lot of schools, in an effort to minimize technical problems, have been sending out secondaries in batches to ease the stress on their servers. Most of them seem to be rolling them out over the course of a week.

Members don't see this ad.

I would wait a few days. They have thousands and thousands of applicants. That is what I am doing. It is no doubt on its way as long as you selected Drexel on the primary.

Ah yes, I forgot about that fact... errybody applies to Drexel. 8 bajillion people submitting at once would probably explode their servers so the drawn out secondary release doesn't surprise me at all.

Members don't see this ad :)
Once the app is finalized and submitted, is there anywhere that confirms the app is complete? I didn't get an email, except for confirmation of payment, and my "status" page doesn't show anything as being received...

Once the app is finalized and submitted, is there anywhere that confirms the app is complete? I didn't get an email, except for confirmation of payment, and my "status" page doesn't show anything as being received...

it might take a few days to show it being received and in your file

Does anyone have more information regarding LOR requirements for Drexel? I know we need the 2 science, 1 non-science, and an additional letter if time off was taken between college and medical school, but I heard from some people that we can submit as many optional letters as we want...has anyone else heard anything in regard to this?

Members don't see this ad :)
I opened a new credit card just for applications, 0% interest for the first 12 months. So hopefully by then I can pay it off.

dude, what card did you get? lol i need that

I didn't get mine yet, either, but I wasn't verified til last week and I know Steve and CB were both verified the first week of June. So I bet they're sending out secondaries in batches.

I didn't get mine yet, either, but I wasn't verified til last week and I know Steve and CB were both verified the first week of June. So I bet they're sending out secondaries in batches.

Yeah I agree. I was verified last week too. So just some patience for us..! Good luck!

I'm not sure it's that orderly. I was verified June 8th and I've still got nothing.

Should research be classified as a medically related volunteer activity or as an extracurricular?
My research dealt with antibiotic resistance of E. Coli so it has health implications but I'm not sure that's what they mean by medically-related.

u were verified the same day you submitted?

It happens.

I submitted at 9:31AM 6/1.
Was verified 3:40PM 6/1.

If you submit early, the verification process is fast.

I'm still waiting for Drexel's secondary too, so it's probably not based on AMCAS verification.

FWIW, last year there didn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to how the batches got released, or even with timelines for interview invite/interview day/decision. Drexel is one of those schools you just have to go with the flow of. You can always call the admissions office and ask about when you might expect to receive a secondary.

Relax gentleman, seems like we're all a little impatient, but... Submitted. :)

I just went to check my app status, does everyone else (who is applying for the fall 2012 cycle) also have "admission term: fall semester 12-13" in their application summary page?
I could be wrong but shouldn't it be "fall semester 11-12" :confused:

I just went to check my app status, does everyone else (who is applying for the fall 2012 cycle) also have "admission term: fall semester 12-13" in their application summary page?
I could be wrong but shouldn't it be "fall semester 11-12" :confused:

It should be fall 2012-13. fall 2011-12 will be in like a month! :D

Received secondary, paid, and submitted finally.

Last edited:
Received secondary, paid, and submitted. How soon will the status page reflect a "complete" status after submission of secondary?

just received mine today and submitted it.
asrikrishnan-most websites of med schools take a couple days to change the status so I wouldnt worry about it...yet lol

I received my secondary today as well. I was verified in early June though.

Received today - will submit tonight.

Can we get a secondary prompt please? :)

The prompt hasn't changed much this year:

1) What is your credit card number/expiration date? How has it influenced your..... never mind just type it in.

Can we get a secondary prompt please? :)

I dont know as I havent received, but if you look at earlier posts, it says that we have to write any lapse in grade and if you have already graduated, what are you doing right now?

I received mine yesterday and sent it out today. I was starting to wonder... AMCAS verified 07/01

I received mine yesterday and sent it out today. I was starting to wonder... AMCAS verified 07/01

I was verified 7/14..havent received it yet..i called them and they said they cant comment on it because they are sending them in "batches"..oh well!

Anyone applying md/phd? Haven't gotten the secondary and wondered about any additional essays. :)

Also applying Md/Phd and would appreciate the prompt if anyone has it.

Status
Not open for further replies.