2011-2012 Drexel Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just got a call a couple of hours ago as well, and I am officially off the wait-list.

I am still in shock right now. It is hard to believe this is real after how long the wait has been. This is my first post, and I just want to say to those who are still trying, keep doing what you are doing, and you will get your chance to be physician.

Members don't see this ad.

Congrats to DJDT and Stoneleigh! Can you both share your GPA and MCAT scores with the rest of the less fortunate waitlisters?

cGPA 3.16, sGPA 3.55, MCAT 34 (initially got a 32 with an 8 in Verbal and re-took it)

I think my circumstance may be a little different from most people. I developed a pretty severe autoimmune disease during my junior year, and my grades before and after the illness was pretty stark (3.7s to 2.5s). I think the admissions committee probably took that into account somewhat.

As a non-traditional applicant, to prove myself academically, after I had recovered, I took 14 post-bac classes (8 in biology) while working full-time. I made sure I did well in them (3.65s). Work wise, I have 7 years of basic research (briefly) and clinical research experience (mostly). I volunteered in both clinical and non-clinical settings on top of that too. After I was wait-listed in late April, I had 2 additional reference letters and 2 update letters sent. It's been a long haul for me to say the least.

For a long time, I thought with my low cGPA, I didn't have a chance--but I was going to try anyway. My case proves that this is not true. If you are willing to show your commitment and keep fighting for your dream, the admissions committee will decide that it is worth it to give you a shot.

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats to DJDT and Stoneleigh! Can you both share your GPA and MCAT scores with the rest of the less fortunate waitlisters?

Thanks!!! :) .... I had a 3.15 Science (couple freshman courses), 3.3 CUM, and a 28O MCAT. I had extensive work experience (clinical), 2 years of original research, and volunteer experience. Also been working nearly full-time since high school.

Congrats on the acceptances you two. If either of you choose PIL, I'll see you there.

Congrats on the acceptances you two. If either of you choose PIL, I'll see you there.

Thank you! Not sure which program I'm choosing, although I'm slightly inclined toward PIL. Either way, I would be up for grabbing a drink prior to orientation and meet some people. Let me know!

Thank you! Not sure which program I'm choosing, although I'm slightly inclined toward PIL. Either way, I would be up for grabbing a drink prior to orientation and meet some people. Let me know!

I'll be making the move to center city on August 1st.

Welcome to Philly, Jojokarade. This is a city that will grow on you. Let me know if I can be helpful in any way after you arrive. I hope to meet you soon. :)

In the meantime, I am looking to move to East Falls ASAP. Anyone who is interested in finding a two or three bedroom apartment together that is close to campus, please contact me. Thanks.

Good luck to those on the wait list waiting for a spot to open. I hope a few more of you get in. For those already accepted, less than a week to go before orientation.

I heard from people at my orientation today that there was some movement of the wait list late last week. I do not know how much more it will move, but there is still hope for those waiting.

do you know when the last day would be? i'm still waiting :(

I'm guessing that "if" they are still accepting, Friday would be the last day. Our actual classes start on Monday.

Status
Not open for further replies.