2011-2012 Duke-NUS Graduate Medical School

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
So..... it's safe to assume that if we don't hear back by email this week, there's probably a rejection letter coming via snail mail? ...

hey, it may not be this week. i mean we all have a hunch that it would be this week, but past year forums... i think i remember seeing someone posting his acceptance on 19th April. so, don't be disappointed yet if you don't receive anything this week. it could be in the mail, or it could be that you're still in active review. just my two cents. :X

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello guys,

I got in! I'm going to share my stats to give you guys some hope!

Undergrad: Biology, 3.3 GPA (not a typo)
Grad: Public Health, 3.8 GPA

MCAT: 33P

2 first author publications, 5 abstracts/presentations in international conferences, 3 years work experience with the government in health research, 10 years clinical experience as certified first aider/instructor/volunteer department head, community basketball league organizer, intramural basketball coach, etc.

The bottomline is, don't ever give up. My stats are gross, and they haunt me for 5 application cycles. I could never get past the interview stage because I was always at a disadvantage number wise, and it has been a very disheartening experience to say the least. I'm glad I got the great support from my best friends, mentors, and my family to keep me motivated, and here I am, an acceptance to a great school. My application didn't change much from last year, so I think the interview did make a difference afterall. I will stay active on the forum and so if you guys have any questions, pm me or just post it. Good luck to those who are still waiting!

Hello guys,

2 first author publications, 5 abstracts/presentations in international conferences, 3 years work experience with the government in health research, 10 years clinical experience as certified first aider/instructor/volunteer department head, community basketball league organizer, intramural basketball coach, etc.

The bottomline is, don't ever give up. My stats are gross, and they haunt me for 5 application cycles. I could never get past the interview stage because I was always at a disadvantage number wise, and it has been a very disheartening experience to say the least. I'm glad I got the great support from my best friends, mentors, and my family to keep me motivated, and here I am, an acceptance to a great school. My application didn't change much from last year, so I think the interview did make a difference afterall. I will stay active on the forum and so if you guys have any questions, pm me or just post it. Good luck to those who are still waiting!

hey congrats on your acceptance! :) so glad to see your determination paid off! :)

Congrats. Did you just get the email?

Hello guys,

OMG. CONGRATS!

Thank YOU for sharing that. Finally giving the rest of us some hope. This forum was getting a bit depressing :X Have to say, your extracurrics are awesome. Your hard work has paid off!! Were you the one who was the re-applicant from Canada / US?

Oh and what time did you receive the email? (I've mostly been preying on my inbox at night (eastern time zone)) ><

OMG. CONGRATS!

Thank YOU for sharing that. Finally giving the rest of us some hope. This forum was getting a bit depressing :X Have to say, your extracurrics are awesome. Your hard work has paid off!! Were you the one who was the re-applicant from Canada / US?

Yea I'm the re-applicant from Canada. I think the interview did make a difference so for all the re-applicants out there, please do yourself a favour and practice super hard for the interview and sell yourself like a used car dealership salesperson.

I got my email around 3am PST. I actually emailed the office asking if I have been rejected yet and they replied with an acceptance offer LOL. If you can't wait, perhaps you can try that too.

Last edited:
Yea I'm the re-applicant from Canada. I think the interview did make a difference so for all the re-applicants out there, please do yourself a favour and practice super hard for the interview and sell yourself like a used car dealership salesperson.

Congrats!! I'm super happy for you! Definitely give me some hope!

I got my email around 3am PST. I actually emailed the office asking if I have been rejected yet and they replied with an acceptance offer LOL. If you can't wait, perhaps you can try that too.

haha oh man... but i'm so happy for you! :D

Hello guys,

Congratulations!! You totally deserve it! Very happy for you :)

Ye! Canadian pride! Props :) your name epitomizes your success story! So happy for you! Truly am!

Members don't see this ad :)
Day 2 of torment begins. All the best.

Hello guys,

Congrats! You've got some serious credentials there! :D

Ye! Canadian pride! Props :) your name epitomizes your success story! So happy for you! Truly am!

another canadian here! congrats keepontrying! I hope to join you at duke-nus!

man i want this so badly....

Just called. Waitlisted.
I guess that's good. :S

Yea, call them if you really want the decision. She said all decisions have been made and are now final. It's like pulling off a bandaid fast vs slowly.

Yea, call them if you really want the decision. She said all decisions have been made and are now final. It's like pulling off a bandaid fast vs slowly.

The good thing is everyone will hear from them shortly. The long torture is finally going to be over... Hope you get in!

I got accepted...good luck to those still waiting :)

Ok so apparently decisions may not have been final. May have only been final for me in particular. Sorry if I gave false hope.

Ok so apparently decisions may not have been final. May have only been final for me in particular. Sorry if I gave false hope.

haha. it's okay. it's really nice of you to share with us. :)

Hello guys,

Congratulations, keepontrying!! your research experience and extra-curriculars are astonishing! what's most impressive is your perseverance!!! :thumbup:

I got accepted...good luck to those still waiting :)

Looking forward to meeting you and keepontrying in class! :)

anyone else got a response? haven't got mine yet....perhaps they are only notifying the ones accepted first through email, and everyone else by mail?

Justdoooit just hold on a bit longer. I think the rest of the decisions are coming!

For those of you accepted recently, does it say on your offer letter when you have to accept by?

Justdoooit just hold on a bit longer. I think the rest of the decisions are coming!

For those of you accepted recently, does it say on your offer letter when you have to accept by?

end of April

so if we haven't heard anything by yesterday, does it mean that we got either rejected or waitlisted???
:(

Congratulations, keepontrying!! your research experience and extra-curriculars are astonishing! what's most impressive is your perseverance!!! :thumbup:

Looking forward to meeting you and keepontrying in class! :)

I'm looking forward to meet you guys too!

I was rejected today. Oh well! There will be more chances!

I got waitlisted as well... any idea about the possibility to get accepted from waitlist?? this makes me even more confused and nervous...

I got waitlisted as well... any idea about the possibility to get accepted from waitlist?? this makes me even more confused and nervous...

Did you ask them how high are you on wait list? I got waitlisted as well and she said we are strongly encouraged to apply for the next intake since we are 'wanted' but no available spots...

Seems like they sent out the wlist emails all at once.

Admissions said that all offers and rejections have been sent out.

just wondering, for those who got waitlisted, did you all get an email or you just called in to find out?

i still haven't heard from them....contemplating if i should email them (again)

I found out when I called in, but they said that they were in the process of sending me an email anyway. Got an email today.

Yeah, I called too. My application is so bad they seem to have forgotten about me... she only sent me an email after saying "by the way, you want me to email you?"

Anyone know of any waitlisted people who got in in previous cycles? : (

yeah i don't remember which year it was but i do remember that two people who were on waitlists got accepted in late april and may

and i also emailed them. They send acceptances by email but rejections and waitlists are sent by snail mail unless you ask them.

i know of someone who is declining and another who is still undecided between Duke-NUS and another offer. therefore, there definitely is hope for those of you guys still on the waiting list!! :luck:

Anyone know of any waitlisted people who got in in previous cycles? : (

I heard that there was an applicant on the waiting list who got accepted just 1 day before class started because someone pulled out suddenly. don't give up hope!

Last edited: