2011-2012 Emory Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is my daughter...I (semi-retired) simply spoke in her behalf here, since the anally retentive factor is variously high on these fora about protocol from the self-anointed forum police...she will interview at my alma mater, Emory, and at Baylor a few days apart. She was complete rather late (MCAT), but better late than never.
Perhaps you should consider letting her speak for herself....just a thought....

Members don't see this ad :)
It is my daughter...I (semi-retired) simply spoke in her behalf here, since the anally retentive factor is variously high on these fora about protocol from the self-anointed forum police...she will interview at my alma mater, Emory, and at Baylor a few days apart. She was complete rather late (MCAT), but better late than never.

duty_calls.png

Just sayin'...

Just got e-mail with II !!! Super excited...a Ga. resident.

Emory is easily my top choice, though also going to Baylor late.

Better late than never! Whoo-wee! :love:

If I had it to do over, would have been complete sooner...had put off taking the MCAT due to other time demands.

Good luck to all waiting...keep your chins up!

If I found that my mom posted the above on my behalf, I'd be like, super weirded out. :shifty:

Last edited:
So yeah... back on track, if you are down, check out the Facebook group.

We're currently sharing info on finding housing.

To those of you still interviewing, best of luck! (are there any more?) And relax, the panel interviewers tend to be incredibly nice and walk you through questions.

can someone help me find the facebook group? is it still public? i'm having a bit of trouble :( searched "Emory University School of Medicine Class of 2016" but got 0 results

can someone help me find the facebook group? is it still public? i'm having a bit of trouble :( searched "Emory University School of Medicine Class of 2016" but got 0 results

Try searching just for "Emory University School of Medicine". The same thing happened to me and that's how I found it! :luck:

Try searching just for "Emory University School of Medicine". The same thing happened to me and that's how I found it! :luck:

I'd love to join the facebook group, but can't seem to find it! I've tried searching Emory University School of Medicine but only found the Class of 2015 group. Any other advice?

Just got an II (OOS) for next Friday (3/2)... really conflicted about spending more money/taking more time off work. Would I just be interviewing for the waitlist?

Emory started out as my numero uno but since I've been accepted to a school I'd be really happy at. Happier, I can't say.

:scared: my head's spinning, gimme some advice SDN-ers!

Just got a confirmation of Emory receiving my update letter...which I emailed to them just over a month ago. (Is that delay normal for them?). I would be ecstatic to get an II here.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got an II (OOS) for next Friday (3/2)... really conflicted about spending more money/taking more time off work. Would I just be interviewing for the waitlist?

Emory started out as my numero uno but since I've been accepted to a school I'd be really happy at. Happier, I can't say.

:scared: my head's spinning, gimme some advice SDN-ers!

I don't know about whether you'd be interviewing for a waitlist, but imo, Emory's definitely worth checking out. I actually interviewed at Emory after having been accepted at a school at which I'd have been happy, and I can honestly say that I'm glad that I visited. Emory has an absolutely beautiful campus/facilities and great clinical experiences. Whatever your decision, good luck!

same here, I wonder if they are still looking at files for interviews.

I don't know about whether you'd be interviewing for a waitlist, but imo, Emory's definitely worth checking out. I actually interviewed at Emory after having been accepted at a school at which I'd have been happy, and I can honestly say that I'm glad that I visited. Emory has an absolutely beautiful campus/facilities and great clinical experiences. Whatever your decision, good luck!

There is still a round of acceptances to go out in the beginning of March. That means they have not yet filled all the seats in their class. You wouldn't interviewing for the WL but the competition for those last few seats will probably be intense! However, I would def recommend going to the interview. Emory is AMAZING and you still have a chance at getting a seat.

Feb acceptances went out today! Good luck to everyone waiting :laugh:

Just got a confirmation of Emory receiving my update letter...which I emailed to them just over a month ago. (Is that delay normal for them?). I would be ecstatic to get an II here.

I did too and i sent them an update/LOI last month. Assuming they've just been slow with these.

Interviewing for the wait-list does not happen at Emory. The class is not actually filled until the interview season is finished (same goes for constructing the wait-list), so you're still interviewing for a seat in the class.

I'm biased, but I'd say its worth the trip! Atlanta is beautiful this time of year :D

Hi everyone!

Has anybody received an acceptance letter yet? I know they mailed out a round yesterday (2/20).

Thanks! :)

Hi everyone!

Has anybody received an acceptance letter yet? I know they mailed out a round yesterday (2/20).

Thanks! :)

They probably sat in the mail until today since yesterday was a holiday... add one more day to the wait! :scared:

They probably sat in the mail until today since yesterday was a holiday... add one more day to the wait! :scared:

You're right. I wasn't even thinking about that. :confused:

Thanks for the quick reply btw!

You all convinced me :D now I'm getting really excited... can't believe it actually. Thanks guys!!

Quick question for those who already interviewed: where does the interview day end? At Emory Med or at Grady?
Thanks!

Has anyone heard back from this February 20th notification date? I am from the southeast.

Hey Everyone!

I just got the letter from Emory! Best of luck to everyone!

I interviewed mid-December.

It was dated Feb 20th.

Waiting up in New England, hopefully I'll hear something before the weekend...

I'm still waiting in the Midwest as well. I interviewed back in mid-November though, so I'm becoming increasingly less hopeful about my prospects for Emory.

Hey how likely is to get an acceptance letter for this school if you interviewed back in October and havent heard back? Anyone know if I should keep looking out for something in the mail or just stop looking and move on?

Hey how likely is to get an acceptance letter for this school if you interviewed back in October and havent heard back? Anyone know if I should keep looking out for something in the mail or just stop looking and move on?

There's no way that any of us can absolutely know the answer to your question, but there is supposed to be at least one more batch of acceptances that will go out in March.

I'm in the same situation as you, and I've been wondering the same thing. I've started to assume that they're not that interested in me.

accepted today! in Los Angeles

Congrats! So they've reached the West Coast... My parents are out of town til next week and I have no way to check the mail at my permanent address... This is torture!! Congrats to everyone accepted already and :xf: for the rest of us...

Got my acceptance yesterday! Super excited. I interviewed mid-October, so it's been a looooong wait. <3 Cinclus! hope you'll get your good new soon!

Got my acceptance yesterday! Super excited. I interviewed mid-October, so it's been a looooong wait. <3 Cinclus! hope you'll get your good new soon!

CONGRATS!!! I was really excited when I saw your post, b/c I know you've been waiting forever. Thanks for the well-wishes, too. :)

I got my letter today! Interviewed Feb. 3rd and live in Georgia

Congrats man! I interviewed mid-October as well hopefully I can make it on the last round:xf:

Hey Everyone!

I just got the letter from Emory! Best of luck to everyone!

I interviewed mid-December.

It was dated Feb 20th.

accepted today! in Los Angeles

I got my letter today! Interviewed Feb. 3rd and live in Georgia

Congrats you guys! Excited for July to get here already!

So I was disappointed because, according to ups, USPS, and FedEx, any letter from Emory should have arrived yesterday. However, I forgot to take into account the failure of my uni mail system.

My acceptance came today! Interviewed early February. So excited!

Accepted! Got it in the mail today at 1245pm today in Vancouver, BC. Wow.. the mail is slow.

So unbelievably excited. Good luck to everyone else. Your time will come.

I also interviewed at the end of October so there's still hope.

Also accepted, in CA. My parents finally got back and checked the mail. :love: Emory is definitely one of my top choices. Good luck to everyone in the next round!

Status
Not open for further replies.