2011-2012 Georgetown Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I meant because it's taken me 4 weeks to do it, not because it's late in the season :) (not sure how true the "2 week rule" actually is)

Ah. My mistake. I would still apply if I was in a similar situation, but I'm wreckless.

Members don't see this ad.

Did everybody answer the further information question?? Is it ok to leave it blank?

Congrats on everybodys IIs btw!

Thanks! I'm not too sure about this famous talk though, haha. I was complete on 7/15. Good luck to you!

Congrats to others that received invites as well! I'll be seeing some of you soon!

Steve -

Congrats! I've been seeing you on threads for schools I applied to as well. Good luck with you application and interviews!

And of course- good luck to everyone else out there as well! Anyone going for 8/31??

Members don't see this ad :)
Steve -

Congrats! I've been seeing you on threads for schools I applied to as well. Good luck with you application and interviews!

And of course- good luck to everyone else out there as well! Anyone going for 8/31??

Thanks! 8/31 wasn't available on the list, so you have a head start! Good luck to you as well.

congrats Steve! glad to see you getting your first invite, many more coming your way

congrats Steve! glad to see you getting your first invite, many more coming your way

Thank you! Congrats to you too on VTC if I haven't congratulated you already. Many more would be nice, but I am very thankful for this Georgetown invite :D.

Man this thread should renamed as the "Congrats SteveJ" thread as he is leading it with the most posts and congratulations.

PS. Congrats Steve!!! I can tell you really like Gtown!

Man this thread should renamed as the "Congrats SteveJ" thread as he is leading it with the most posts and congratulations.

His avatar is MJ. What do you expect?

Haha, yea- I didn't expect to garner this much attention, but I really appreciate the congrats from everyone. You're right; I've become pretty passionate about Gtown over the past year or so. It seems like such an exciting school...I can't wait to see it in person. Congrats to you as well!

His avatar is MJ. What do you expect?

Yea, I guess that was cheating on my part. MJ is pretty great.

Hey Famous Steve,

Out of curiosity, how many times have you posted since the beginning of the app cycle? :D

Just giving you a hard time...you are passionate about this and you deserve the invite!! Way to go!

Last edited:
Hey Famous Steve,

Out of curiosity, how many times have you posted since the beginning of the app cycle? :D

Just giving you a hard time...you are passionate about this and you deserve the invite!! Way to go!

Most of my posts were in both the 2016 thread and my MCAT thread ;).

And thank you! Let's not diminish everyone else though: there have been a handful of other invites as well. Good job to you guys! Hopefully I'll see some of you on 9/12.

I imagine Steve was clutching his computer after seeing his G-town interview invite in much the same manner as MJ is hugging that trophy :laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats everyone with interviews!

Steve - you and I have identical stats and seem to be having opposite luck with Georgetown and GWU. Complete at Gtown on 7/15 as well and still no word.

I imagine Steve was clutching his computer after seeing his G-town interview invite in much the same manner as MJ is hugging that trophy :laugh:

Yes, it was rather similar haha. I think it will be even more similar if I get an acceptance letter, though.

Congrats everyone with interviews!

Steve - you and I have identical stats and seem to be having opposite luck with Georgetown and GWU. Complete at Gtown on 7/15 as well and still no word.

Don't worry- there are more waves to come at Gtown. I was upset when I didn't get an invite two weeks ago, then, bam! I definitely wouldn't count yourself out at this school. As for GW, it seems like they are passing out those holds rather frequently, so if you have been placed on hold, I wouldn't sweat that. If you have an interview there- congrats!

Just scheduled my Sept. 14th interview (got invite yesterday). From CA, 3.82 cGPA, 3.93 sGPA, 31R (11/10/10).

Secondary confirmed complete today! Yay!:xf:

Secondary Submitted last night at 11:50 pm.
Confirmation email at 9am this morning!
really impressed with the quick turn around and hope that means I'm considered for the next batch of interviews! so excited for this school. good luck to all!

interview invite! 9/16!! submitted secondary first week of July. OOS, 3.95, 31S/36S, U of Michigan, Biochem

Anyone know the percentages on admitted/interviewed students? Other threads have it from US News, but I don't know how to find them.

Interview invite via email! :D

I'm very excited to visit DC and the Georgetown area. Good luck to everyone who's still waiting to hear!

Anyone know the percentages on admitted/interviewed students? Other threads have it from US News, but I don't know how to find them.

This is because you have to pay a bit to get the extended data.

Total: (Last year)
11549 applied
1151 interviewed
420 acceptances
196 enrolled

So 36% of interviewees are accepted.

This is because you have to pay a bit to get the extended data.

Total: (Last year)
11549 applied
1151 interviewed
420 acceptances
196 enrolled

So 36% of interviewees are accepted.

I've been thinking these numbers over. People often mention that Georgetown waitlists/places people in the "competitive applicant" pool post-interview with a high frequency. However, those numbers argue otherwise. My question is- does the 420 acceptance figure include those that are accepted off of the waitlist/competitive applicant pool? I would assume that it does, but one can't be entirely sure.

Assuming that it does, I wonder what the (accepted outright):interviewed ratio is. Of course, getting in off of the competitive applicant pool suffices, but I think I speak for everyone when I say that I would like to avoid the waitlist game :).

I've been thinking these numbers over. People often mention that Georgetown waitlists/places people in the "competitive applicant" pool post-interview with a high frequency. However, those numbers argue otherwise. My question is- does the 420 acceptance figure include those that are accepted off of the waitlist/competitive applicant pool? I would assume that it does, but one can't be entirely sure.

Assuming that it does, I wonder what the (accepted outright):interviewed ratio is. Of course, getting in off of the competitive applicant pool suffices, but I think I speak for everyone when I say that I would like to avoid the waitlist game :).

That is the way I read the data.

It was posted on here (I think) that after a round of interviews they accept 25%, wait list 50%, and reject 25%. At least I think it was this thread.

EDIT: Maybe it was last year's thread.

It was posted on here (I think) that after a round of interviews they accept 25%, wait list 50%, and reject 25%. At least I think it was this thread.

EDIT: Maybe it was last year's thread.

That's very reasonable- thanks for the info!

I have been working on other secondaries, but I really want to apply...is it too late?

I have been working on other secondaries, but I really want to apply...is it too late?

I think you should go for it, unless the secondary fee is a big issue for you. Especially if your stats look average or better compared to the school.

Does anyone know if Georgetown does an open or closed file interview?

Congratulations to everyone with interviews so far! For those still waiting or in the process of submitting, good luck. I have had a few PM's that I just returned. I apologize for the late response, but we started classes a couple weeks ago and things have been crazy busy, but now I'm starting to get back in the groove.

I will be more than happy to offer tips for interviews here and what to expect. Good luck and I really hope you become part of the Georgetown family. As you will see on interview day, this is a great place to be. If you want to meet prior to your interview, let me know and we can meet a day before on campus!

Good luck and congratulations! Go Future HOYAS!

Just as an update: For ALL of those that get an Interview, PM for some Platinum Nuggets of Information. I will pass on the torch of knowledge! It will really give you guys a leg up on your non-SDN competition. :)

As you will see on interview day, this is a great place to be. If you want to meet prior to your interview, let me know and we can meet a day before on campus!

I may take you up on this! I am staying with a good friend of mine for the weekend out there, and I'm sure he would like to check out the school as well. Also, getting my feet wet before interview day would be nice too.

For those of you who PM'd me and did the very last suggestion, how awesome were those results...? :thumbup: :love:

Last edited:
Any news on next wave of interview from Gtown yet...applied a little later (complete as of 3 weeks ago) and was hoping more invitations might be sent out sometime soon

Congrats, Steve! Just received my secondary invite a few days ago. I definitely recommend talking a walk through campus to get a feel for the area, because the campus is beautiful and HUGE. I visited DC a couple weeks ago, and it took me a while because I couldn't find a campus map and my phone died while I was there, but the students are super nice!!

:luck:

I'm already itching to get to DC- so excited!

Congrats, Steve! Just received my secondary invite a few days ago. I definitely recommend talking a walk through campus to get a feel for the area, because the campus is beautiful and HUGE. I visited DC a couple weeks ago, and it took me a while because I couldn't find a campus map and my phone died while I was there, but the students are super nice!!

:luck:

Thank you! I'm getting closer and closer to interview day.

Just got an interview invite at 2:15 pm! Soooo excited! Complete 7/21.

Last edited:
Interview invite! Complete 7/21. Interview date 9/26. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.