2011-2012 Jefferson Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sammich117

Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Reserved for prompt.

Please PM the essays or lack thereof to me when the secondary is available and I will update this.

Best of luck with your application :luck::luck::luck:!

Prompt:

9. If there is any additional information you would like to provide please include it in the box below.
(*** Please limit your response to 4000 characters and do not cut and paste. ***)

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good luck to everyone. Match list was good this year!

Last edited:
The match list is available online. I've lived in the area since I was 10 years old (I'm close to 30 now) and I'll be attending Jeff this year. I'm sure plenty of current Jeff students are around here too. I'd be happy to answer any questions about the city or anything else (and when classes start - about that too). I decided between OSU, Einstein, Temple and Jeff and chose to stay in center city because I absolutely love living in this area. It's the safest and best area in the city (many students from the other Philly schools also live here) and it has got so much stuff for people in their 20s that you'll never be bored or run out of places to go.

Good luck with the applications :).

Members don't see this ad :)
I have a question--what is it that Jefferson looks for? I know that it isn't an easy question and there isn't a clear cut answer...I guess my question is how does the adcoms sift through ~9,700 applicants to offer ~800 interview spots? I'm definitely applying here but am curious

I have a question--what is it that Jefferson looks for? I know that it isn't an easy question and there isn't a clear cut answer...I guess my question is how does the adcoms sift through ~9,700 applicants to offer ~800 interview spots? I'm definitely applying here but am curious

From what I gathered during my interview, someone who is dedicated to becoming an excellent clinician/diagnostician. Jeff is heavy (again, from what I gathered) on the clinical aspect of medical school. Show determination in clinical volunteering and community involvement, and I'm sure you'll have a shot at an interview.

Yea, I think being simply a good applicant all round will serve you well instead of trying to tailor your application to each specific school.

From what I gathered during my interview, someone who is dedicated to becoming an excellent clinician/diagnostician. Jeff is heavy (again, from what I gathered) on the clinical aspect of medical school. Show determination in clinical volunteering and community involvement, and I'm sure you'll have a shot at an interview.

Thanks for this tidbit. I'll keep this in mind as the cycle moves forward.

The spazz, good to know about the clinical aspect. What about the interview, if you don't mind me asking, made you realize that they were so heavily focused on clinical experience and future clinical motivations?

That's good for me! Just have to get this MCAT thang going here in 21 days ..

The spazz, good to know about the clinical aspect. What about the interview, if you don't mind me asking, made you realize that they were so heavily focused on clinical experience and future clinical motivations?

When they told us. ;)

Making my first post in this thread- one of the several PA schools that I'm applying to and am very interested in :D

Good luck on the MCAT!

@Lokhtar - good to know. They were right up front about it, Haha

Members don't see this ad :)
Anybody know how much the application fee is?

Oh really? Thanks. I was just looking in the newest MSAR and I didn't see it in there anywhere. Maybe you are looking at an older one? Either way, that's probably right. THanks!

edit: oops, no you are absolutely right- its right there in the new one :)

At Jefferson, you have the option of living in dorms, or also frat houses if you want (and get in :)).

got the secondary via email this afternoon!

Being the state school for Delaware, does Jefferson offer a large amount of its OOS seats to them?

9. If there is any additional information you would like to provide please include it in the box below.
(*** Please limit your response to 4000 characters and do not cut and paste. ***)

For the SAT/ACT scores do we list our superscore from multiple sittings (like most undergrads calculate) or just a single sitting? There is no date listed.

Good grief I took my SATs in 199....? :confused: :eek:

Why is there no blank for the science section of the ACT?

I rocked that section in high school, the English sections... not so much :(

I took the ACT in 2004 :p.

Why is there no blank for the science section of the ACT?

I rocked that section in high school, the English sections... not so much :(

I found that weird as well.

is #9 a place for an essay (like the "tell us something about yourself" prompts) or more of a place to explain aberrations in grades etc? i'm not quite sure how to handle this one.

Hell, I didn't even have a writing section on my SAT in 2003...just verbal and math. Jeff won't let me put "N/A" or leave that one blank...guess I'll just leave it at 0 because my score was only verbal + math.

I haven't received the secondary, and I'm not happy about it.

these are the worst prompts ever

Submitted. Left the prompt blank.. had nothing more to say.

Submitted. Left the prompt blank.. had nothing more to say.

Same here. I think that if they wanted something specific, they would have asked. quality > quantity anyway, and I didn't want to fill the space just to fill it.

man i have no idea where to find my SAT scores. not that i want to

I am still waiting for the secondary. Anyone else?

I'm still waiting. I'm starting to wonder if many schools are being slow with my secondaries because I'm scheduled to retake my MCAT in a few weeks...?

I'm still waiting. I'm starting to wonder if many schools are being slow with my secondaries because I'm scheduled to retake my MCAT in a few weeks...?

i don't think that'll slow up your secondary. it will slow down your completion progress with them for your app though i feel. some of the school said straight up they'd hold your app until your retake score gets in

I'm not waiting for MCAT. They just be hatin.

Submitted. Hoping to go complete next week after my committee submits my letters.

those of you that have received secondaries, has your AMCAS already been verified? thanks

those of you that have received secondaries, has your AMCAS already been verified? thanks

Verified 6/10. I've received several other secondaries.

EDIT: Have, not have not. Oh shoot.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.