2011-2012 Jefferson Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Verified 6/10. I've received several other secondaries.

Don't forget to check that spam folder.

Members don't see this ad.

verified 6/2, haven't received anything from jefferson.

verified 6/1...haven't received anything either

Members don't see this ad :)
complete! however, even after I submitted my app and payment, I did not receive any confirmation, and the status page says they have not received my app. However, my app went from "in progress" to "submitted". Strange...

I am wondering about what to write in the space. Should I talk about how I LOVE philly and would love to attend med school here to serve the community I love so much? But, I feel like that I can do that by going to any one of the philly med schools, not just jeff. Otherwise, I really have no ideas on what to say...

complete! however, even after I submitted my app and payment, I did not receive any confirmation, and the status page says they have not received my app. However, my app went from "in progress" to "submitted". Strange...

Hmmm. It says "Decision Pending" for me. I wonder if they've really started reviewing or if that just means I'm complete. :shrug:. Either way, I'm excited for Jeff. I talked to a few Vandy med students that got into Jeff, and they all spoke very highly of it.

Hmmm. It says "Decision Pending" for me. I wonder if they've really started reviewing or if that just means I'm complete. :shrug:. Either way, I'm excited for Jeff. I talked to a few Vandy med students that got into Jeff, and they all spoke very highly of it.

Decision pending!!! :luck::luck::luck::luck::luck::luck::luck: all around!

GL to you too! :xf:. Perhaps we will interview together since we submitted so early. I was glad that they sent the secondary so early since it was one of my high priority OOS schools. :)

Also pending. But I have one LOR yet to go in, so not sure how important it is to be at this step yet :p

Good luck to us all

Is it safe to leave the open ended "anything you want us to know" question blank?

Is it safe to leave the open ended "anything you want us to know" question blank?

yup. don't create pointless drivel just because you think ad coms want to read it.

use it to describe any hard times (i.e. raising a family) that would explain poor performance and explain how things would be remedied in med school

I have it on good authority that all questions like the number nine prompt are to be left blank unless you have special circumstances that weren't addressed elsewhere. These can be positive or negative.

Edit: Whoops I didn't see this post above me. :)

Hey guys,
Since my college didnt send the transcript on time, I am a little behind in the application process. Now, AMCAS did tell me that they heave received the transcript on June 20th. Do you think Jefferson will send the secondary as soon as my application is verified or will that take some more time?
Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
I have it on good authority that all questions like the number nine prompt are to be left blank unless you have special circumstances that weren't addressed elsewhere. These can be positive or negative.

Edit: Whoops I didn't see this post above me. :)

Then I guess the way you should approach "additional comments" on secondaries depends on the school? Because in another thread (for SLU), the consensus was that you should write down something even if you don't have special circumstances (e.g. why you want to go to this school).

Then I guess the way you should approach "additional comments" on secondaries depends on the school? Because in another thread (for SLU), the consensus was that you should write down something even if you don't have special circumstances (e.g. why you want to go to this school).

Oh, well I'm sure that they do differ from school to school. I got my advice from a acquaintance who was a big time adcom at a top school for years. Like everything with medical school this is just one person's opinion. If someone with an inside scoop from SLU says to write something by all means do so! :luck:

Because SLU's app didn't ask elsewhere. This one did.

Decision pending as well! Should be getting my committee letter in this week, so I'm hoping I will be complete by Friday.

anyone know if jefferson reviews apps like in july/august after an applicant is complete?

i also don't think the decision pending means anything as they haven't received my LOR yet I still have decision pending.

Finally got the Jeff secondary. Its about time...they had me worried for a second!

how long did it take you to get complete? i'm planning on submitting sometime this week and hope i won't be too late. the stupid open ended question is keeping me away from submitting!

I verified 6/10, but I still haven't received my secondary. Would any of you be kind enough to post this year's secondary questions so I can get a head start on my essays?

I verified 6/10, but I still haven't received my secondary. Would any of you be kind enough to post this year's secondary questions so I can get a head start on my essays?

Read the thread.

I'm sure there is no reason behind why you guys got it later than others. :luck:

What I want to know is why they ask for all but the scientific reasoning score from the ACT. I got a perfect 36 on that section! The english...not so much.

What I want to know is why they ask for all but the scientific reasoning score from the ACT. I got a perfect 36 on that section! The english...not so much.

Probably because your MCAT gives them a good idea of your scientific prowess. Just a thought. I doubt that the ACT section is that big of a deal either way.

Ok so I'm pretty sure I'm just being ******ed here but need a bit of help:

did anyone apply online? if you did and you used this site:

https://banner.jefferson.edu/pls/tju/bwskalog.P_DispLoginNon

what did you select for application type? my drop down menu has no option for MD, the only MD related option is "MHP for MDs"

thanks!

Edit-nevermind! solved

Last edited:
second round of secondaries coming out any time soon?

Is everyone using a Premed Committee letter? My UG doesn't have such a committee. I have already requested 2 bio profs and a philosophy prof. Did I understand correctly that we must have 1 bio, 1 chem, 1 physics, and 1 humanities if we don't have a premed committee?

I contacted the school about the ACT score. They said that ACT/SAT scores were not necessary for application so I didn't even enter them.

Knowing that, I'd guess that these scores will matter somewhere in between very little to not at all.

I contacted the school about the ACT score. They said that ACT/SAT scores were not necessary for application so I didn't even enter them.

Knowing that, I'd guess that these scores will matter somewhere in between very little to not at all.

I never took at ACT/SAT so it doesn't even matter much at all.

Where do you see your status (for those that say "decision pending")? Mine just says secondary received, yes, etc

Where do you see your status (for those that say "decision pending")? Mine just says secondary received, yes, etc

I just clicked on "Display Secondary Application Status" and it displayed it. Looks like mine says "decision pending" as well.

Anyone see any movement in their status? Mine just says "Decision Pending" still.

Where do we see the status? I click "Check Status" and all it says it YES YES YES under the materials received, but no message.

Where do we see the status? I click "Check Status" and all it says it YES YES YES under the materials received, but no message.

Under that it says "Interview Status - Decision Pending" or whatever the status is.

So excited, my first one!!! I found out through the online status. It now says "Interview to be Scheduled"

Does Jefferson want LOR's before considering the applicant for an interview?

So excited, my first one!!! I found out through the online status. It now says "Interview to be Scheduled"

Wow, congrats! Still pending here- hope to be joining you!

Wow, congrats! Still pending here- hope to be joining you!

It's really weird that they gave an interview out already; this didn't happen until the first week of Aug last year, which means I'd expect this to be no earlier than July 15 (let alone the Fri before independence weekend).

:shrug:

It's really weird that they gave an interview out already; this didn't happen until the first week of Aug last year, which means I'd expect this to be no earlier than July 15 (let alone the Fri before independence weekend).

yea but her stats are top notch if you click on her mdapps...

jeffss.jpg

I promise I'm not lying!! Jefferson is one of my top choices and I think I'd be a great fit there...maybe that's why I have an interview so early?

xATB CONGRATZ!!!!! :D

im decision pending :xf: i hope everyone in this forum gets an interview invite, maybe we can all meet each other and get accepted together :D

Last edited:
jeffss.jpg

I promise I'm not lying!! Jefferson is one of my top choices and I think I'd be a great fit there...maybe that's why I have an interview so early?

CONGRATS! I wish you the best and thanks for the screenshot ;)

Hi! just a quick question..I have been stressing over the LORs. Just to be sure, 2 letters from my science professors and one from my clinical research supervisor will suffice?

Status
Not open for further replies.